:(
Um?
Say it ain't so, Ze?

Gatsby
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
WTF, Mon.

brightpearl
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Well, since no more info seems to be coming soon, I'd like to go ahead and say thanks to everyone who contributed to this board. I found it pretty late, but it has been during a time in my life when having someplace to go for a ready laugh was terribly important. The sense of loss I feel at the moment is also from losing things other than this board, but I have really enjoyed sitting at the lunch table with all the cool kids for a while, and there were times when the ice cream thread kept me breathing in and out. I never would have believed that such a thing could become important to me.

I, um, got you all a fruit basket.
http://www.pacificbasketco.com/img/baskets/fruit-basket-deluxe.jpg
Thanks.

But not goodbye. You can find me on zefrank.org, and maybe some of you would like to come on over to the other forum at
http://theforum.zefrank.com/index.php

T.I.P.
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
^ subscriptions are closed on the other board so i don't think that is an option

just want to say thank you to all the folks that made my three months on this board absurdly enjoyable.

i don't really know where i will be "going" during my 80 hour weeks now but I hope it will be half as interesting as this board was.

thank you

Peregrine
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Farewell, board, I hardly knew ye. There was some kind of error when I signed up, and then I got busy and never bothered to check back. But hey, at least you guys had fun.

Oh well, maybe I'll catch the next one.

daverbee
07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
This has been an interesting last few years thanks in part to all the playing I did on this board with people who had sick senses of humor much like my own. If anyone wants to keep in touch PM me and I'll pass along my email addy.

lukkucairi
07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
^^ me too

Avalon
07-23-2007, 02:30 PM

brightpearl
07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
^ subscriptions are closed on the other board so i don't think that is an option

Oh, man, that makes this whole thing so much worse. Hope to see some of you on the ORG, then. It's a lovely thing, though it cannot be what this has been.

Mik
07-23-2007, 02:43 PM
(forever the opportunist)

All are welcome at the Space Adventure Board!*
It's pretty stagnate at the moment but it's there and I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it's structure and whatnot.

lukku's already there, and a few more too!

peace from space :D
oh, and goodbye I guess!

* provided you enter the correct numbers/letters, answer the magic question and email me so I can activate your account. :rolleyes:

Avalon
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM

brightpearl
07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
^Done (the space adventure forum, I mean), hope to see you all there! I'll start an ice cream thread asap. :D

AllegroNg
07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
What did we do wrong though?

My understanding is that there was an arguement between a few people on the board. But this board has almost 5 years rich in friendship amongst hundreds of people. It seems unjust to shut down an entire forum because of this.

Am I missing something? I hope I am..

brightpearl
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM
^Well, Ze probably has a lot new going on in his life, now. Perhaps the money and time it took to keep this up became too much, especially if he was getting a lot more flak on pm than on the board, which we can't know.

I was wondering over the weekend if it might be good for us to offer to somehow defray his costs in money and time, the way lots of The Show forum members donated money, but it seems like it might be too late for that. I suspect it's more of a frustration thing than money, anyway, but I still kind of wish...

And I hope he says goodbye himself, somehow. If he doesn't, it will make me think he's been left with a very sour taste, and that would be sad.

And where are Tunes and Frieda and CJ and razormix, etc? I've been wondering if some of the regulars are only looking at his home page, and are assuming that it's not back up since the "message board" link is still gone...

Avalon
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM

J.W.
07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
wait whats going on here? who said what in a debate thread?

I wait for enlightenment...

brightpearl
07-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I think someone inadvertently put one too many straws on the camel's back.

J.W.
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Alas.

l'azizza
07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, since no more info seems to be coming soon, I'd like to go ahead and say thanks to everyone who contributed to this board. I found it pretty late, but it has been during a time in my life when having someplace to go for a ready laugh was terribly important. The sense of loss I feel at the moment is also from losing things other than this board, but I have really enjoyed sitting at the lunch table with all the cool kids for a while, and there were times when the ice cream thread kept me breathing in and out. I never would have believed that such a thing could become important to me.

Eloquently stated, as usual BP. I concur.

"Tunes and Frieda and CJ" are likely sleeping?

Whether this forum stays or goes, my email is TashiaPetProject at msn. I'm also a myspace addict and would be happy to add any of you as friends.

TinaBina
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh Crap!!!
Even though I did not log on very much in the last few years, I will really miss this place and coming back to lurk.

Heck, there was so much creative stuff here in the beginning... and now it will be all gone????

Jaime
07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I am sad to hear that this may be the end of this place. Thank you guys for making me feel welcome. You are the most creative, poetic group of people, and I feel very happy that I was able to be a little part of that this past year.

All the best to the lot of you,

Jaime

auntie aubrey
07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
this is a crying shame. i've found that communities of intelligent, creative people who willingly maintain an amicable atmosphere are a rare thing. the entertainment provided by this group of people will be painfully missed. i'll admit that i feel just a bit of heartbreak over the loss of this outlet.

i'm glad i visited this board, i'm glad i registered, i'm glad i worked up the nerve to post, and i'm glad i stayed.

i just wish i'd found this group sooner.

thanks to everyone for being exactly the way you are.

- sara

p.s. i own a long-defunct forum that no one has used in years. the color palette sucks but visitors are welcome -
http://gofalldown.com/anotherforum/

craig johnston
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
i'm going to auntie land.

shit! i might have to do something else, meet real people etc.
what a total downer.
and my birthday's coming up. i was really looking forward to my
birthday thread.

Frieda
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
well, i'm going nowhere i guess. i can see just this forum and the fiction project.

even my own forum is gone, man i was so proud of that..

i'm actually too bummed to post normally so i'll keep it short.. here goes-- i wish you all the very best!

edited to add: please don't PM me. i don't have answers. i sent the big cheese an email and i am waiting for a reply.

TinaBina
07-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Hopefully "the stuff" is somewhere... I'd hate to have lost it!!!

Did he sweep it all under the rug????

Stephi_B
07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
What? Please, please say it ain't so :(

Thanks to all of you! A short, but great time! :)

Send you mille baci di Sicilia: http://planet-vig.de/blog/images/T9m7fU_kussmund.jpg

Odbe
07-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Okay, so I leave you guys alone for a day and come back to find a goatse, I leave you for a couple of weeks and find THIS!
Wait, it IS April fool's day, isn't it?
Oh...

NOOOOOO!

gensen
07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
miss you all ...

zenbabe
07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
http://bulletin.zefrank.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Tunesmith
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
OH NOES. :(

This is horrible news...I'm really going to miss you guys. And I mean that sincerely. :(

I've had many people tell me that "internet friends" don't mean much, but you people have helped me through so much in the last couple of months that I'm forever grateful. And besides, where else than the internet would I have met such a melange of eccentric freaks? (that's me trying to say that I'm going to miss every one of you. I'm an eccentric freak, too. :p )

If I don't get the chance to thank every one of you before the board's doomsday arrives, I'm truly grateful for the amazing time I've had here.

And ze, thank you for making everything possible. You've created a wonderful community here, and I hope that you continue to delight, amaze, entertain, and inspire the intertubes in all of their glory for many years to come.

If anyone would like to stay in touch (something tells me an exodus to an alternate board would only result in a similar situation to the one that happened here), I'm more than happy to send you my email or (unused, soon to be used) Flickr account.

Avalon
07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
awww, I'd love to know how you're doing . good luck in everything!

CherishHellfire
07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
You say good-bye, but I say hello! Hello, hello!
I don't know why you say good-bye, I say hello!!!!! - Los Beatles

craig johnston
07-24-2007, 06:11 PM
you are 12"s twin sister, admit it.

CherishHellfire
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I feel so busted....seriously...just feel me. :p

craig johnston
07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
with pleasure

;)

Tunesmith
07-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Bwahahahaha!

I wish I had your style, cj. :D

brightpearl
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
^Cherish handed him that one; she'll wear the pants in that relationship -- you watch. :D

CherishHellfire
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I knew there was a reason for all of this...more pants!

craig johnston
07-24-2007, 06:31 PM
no no no, less pants!

brightpearl
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I stand corrected. And fully panted.

craig johnston
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
stop panting! it's steaming up my monitor.

:mad:

brightpearl
07-24-2007, 06:43 PM
^I've got to iron my pants sometime!
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/BDX/BDX380/bxp64506.jpg

craig johnston
07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
well, take em off first

:rolleyes:

brightpearl
07-24-2007, 06:55 PM
*puts on woolen bathrobe with lemons print*

craig johnston
07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
*turned off*

lukkucairi
07-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I knew there was a reason for all of this...more pants!

Cherish! get your pants over to the Rules thread! You're in danger of being infarcted!

:eek:

brightpearl
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
*turned off*

Aww...you know I love ya, Ceej. :D

randy
07-25-2007, 02:04 AM
You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go go go, oh no

You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello

I say high, you say low
You say why and I say I don't know, oh no

(Hello goodbye hello goodbye) hello hello
(Hello goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
(Hello goodbye hello goodbye) hello hello
(Hello goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye
(Hello goodbye) I say hello

Why why why why why why do you say goodbye goodbye, oh no?

Hello hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

You say yes (I say yes) I say no (but I may mean no)
You say stop (I can stay) and I say go go go (till it's time to go)
Oh, oh no.

Hello hello
Hello hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say Hello-o-o hello

Hela heba helloa

masterofNone
09-17-2007, 08:56 PM
This is the way the world ends: