PDA

View Full Version : Jack It Up

lukkucairi
07-30-2007, 02:25 AM
A new bread for Jack, bcos the old one's spirited away to the netherworld...

Jack, the squash vines have taken over the yard, and are about to eat the house. Should I quit fertilizing them?

Also: asparagus beans - they're just NEVER HAPPY. What gives?

Also: fungus gnats - are they little demons sent from Hell or what?

Also: this (http://blip.tv/file/321048), wot I made for you and all other gardener type peoples, so you know where the flies sleep at night :)

brightpearl
07-30-2007, 07:12 AM
^Vid's great! I thought the flowers were going to be my favorite parts until I saw the tendril go black to green at the end. Music's perfect.

trisherina
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I think of you, Jack, whenever I look at the big bouquet of sweet peas on my desk... the sweet peas went a little mad so it's one of those perpetually-replenished bouquets (and STILL they keep threatening to take down the trellises!) -- and the moonflower is finefinefine, just no flowers yet. :)

Veruki
07-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Great job on the video Lukku, it was like a nudie plantae movie. Jack you are indeed loved...

Jack Flanders
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
^^^ :) :) Happy dance!!! I'm off to cut my sister's totally out of control Spiraea shrubs down to the ground. It should have been done this spring after they bloomed but I wasn't visiting then. I love trimming plants back and watching them come back the next year all nice and full.

JesusTitties
07-30-2007, 10:45 PM
this thread wasnt what i thought it was going to be, whatsoever.

randy
07-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Please see the jack it off thread.^^^

CherishHellfire
07-31-2007, 12:04 AM
A video w/ that amount of dirt makes me so very grateful for small pieces of earth that do there best to give me tomatoes and jalapeņos. I <3 dirty vids.:)

Motivation to speak with the lemons and ask if they can go from mostly stump to mostly fruit in one season. It could happen. Do lemons like bowls of milk?

brightpearl
07-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Lemons only like other lemons.

Best not to slice 'em up for tea in full view of the tree.

Jack Flanders
07-31-2007, 12:27 AM
this thread wasnt what i thought it was going to be, whatsoever.

It's weed. :D

Jack Flanders
07-31-2007, 12:34 AM
A new bread for Jack, bcos the old one's spirited away to the netherworld...

Jack, the squash vines have taken over the yard, and are about to eat the house. Should I quit fertilizing them?

Also: asparagus beans - they're just NEVER HAPPY. What gives?

Also: fungus gnats - are they little demons sent from Hell or what?

Also: this (http://blip.tv/file/321048), wot I made for you and all other gardener type peoples, so you know where the flies sleep at night :)

I'm out of state visiting family but will get back soon about some of your problems. Liked the vid!

Tunesmith
07-31-2007, 12:44 AM
It's weed. :D

I think you mean "it's WEED!", Jack. :D

Jack Flanders
07-31-2007, 12:49 AM
:D :D Yes it can be!! Long ago it was!!! :D ;)

lukkucairi
07-31-2007, 01:03 AM
no rush - take your time with your family, Jack!

I have decided to keep fertilizing the squash. I'm trying to get it to grow up onto the roof. will supply pictorial proof if I succeed :D

asparagus beans are still sulking though. I don't get it!

beryl: lemons may only like other lemons, but EVERYTHING likes fish fertilizer. even my dog. especially my dog.

:p

TinaBina
07-31-2007, 01:55 PM
JACK!!! you gave me great advice about my termaters

and the cherry tomatoes are OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Do you have any tips about composting?

brightpearl
07-31-2007, 03:11 PM
I have some. Say you've been making tomato sauce and pickles and you have a bucket full of kitchen peelings waiting to be hauled out to the compost pile. It's summer, and it's hot. You get distracted by a big dog getting into the yard and trying to eat your oldest cat, and you forget the bucket there by the back steps. When you go out again in a couple of days and remember it needs to be taken out, and you note that there's subtle movement of the lettuce leaves on top, do not under any circumstances look to see what's under there.

It's meal worms. A lot of them.

Big ones.

TinaBina
08-10-2007, 03:05 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm.... meal worms............