ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   gives you a happy (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9399)

craig johnston 09-26-2007 02:05 PM

the bomb!

:)

auntie aubrey 09-27-2007 10:55 PM

grand opening party for the new local lush store.

lots of goodies and freebies.

:D

Anna 09-28-2007 11:09 PM

Odbe 09-29-2007 02:58 AM

Yesterday as I was walking down the street I saw two little girls, maybe eight years old, walking together. One dropped an envelope without noticing and kept walking. I picked it up and gave it back to her, but as I picked it up I saw a woman start to move towards it before realising I already had it. It gave me a happy to think that I wasn't the only one who would do a little good deed like that.

Then as I walked further on I thought maybe she wasn't doing a good deed. Maybe she was going to open it to see if there was any money inside. Was I being unhealthily cynical there?

T.I.P. 09-30-2007 08:52 AM

Free tickets to go see Pierre Boulez conduct the Ensemble Modern Orchestra at the new Pleyel concert hall on the Champs Elysées in a few hours :)

Tunesmith 09-30-2007 01:13 PM

^ Whoa, that sounds awesome...

I was able to see him conduct an electronicly-assisted orchestra when he was in NYC a couple of years ago - an amazing/freaky experience.

Tunesmith 09-30-2007 01:16 PM

I got a happy after finding a song influenced by Jonathan Lethem's Motherless Brooklyn:

The lyrics are pretty great, especially this stanza:

And it's a sorry, frightful thing
when you want to cry, but you can't keep from laughing.
Outside the church that's so quiet it dares you to shout
you put a hand to your mouth to stop the rain.
You do a St. Vitus dance, to the sky you raise your voice.

T.I.P. 09-30-2007 01:26 PM

^^ you guessed right, it was awesome !

They did an Edgar Varese piece that rocked everybody's socks off. There is alot to be said about a 50 person crescendo :)

Contemporary music is not always to my liking, but if Boulez is directing it is a sure sign that something interesting is going to happen. His presence on stage is amazing: he is extremely calm (impassive facial expression) yet completely in control of every aspect of the music. From the moment he walks on stage, not a single movement he makes is wasted - there is a very zen quality to the whole performance.

He is also probably a bit of a control freak in real life ;)

Stephi_B 10-05-2007 06:50 AM

1. That our workgroup has collectively decided on an inofficial train-strike holiday due to ongoing transportation problems

2. That me and two mates go to that exhib

(the best of 19th century French thingies from the Metropolitan Museum of Art)
    this weekend. Missed Dali due to my cold (cold didn't read my letter?!), but the above is anyways WAY cooler!

Tunesmith 10-05-2007 09:49 PM

One of the earliest music videos:

auntie aubrey 10-05-2007 11:15 PM

i made rice krispy treats today because i've never made them before and it seemed like something i should do.

have one. they're marshmallowtastic.

Odbe 10-05-2007 11:33 PM

Why thank you, it's delicious. Care for a maple toasted pecan or two?

trisherina 10-06-2007 12:46 AM

My probationary evaluation, new office furniture, and surprising the smallish rat by meeting her at the bus stop.

Pixie Cherries 10-06-2007 03:21 AM

Frieda 10-06-2007 05:51 AM

i just got a major happy from fitting into my boots again since 3 years-- all this working out stuff at physical therapy seems to be working :D

not for the leg issue. yet. but fitting into those boots friggin rocks