ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   name less child (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=2029)

surflugen 06-01-2003 11:48 AM

name less child

We have many names for our future child but nothing has really stuck.
I could use some creative help with names.

So far there is:
Alex (male or female) Alexander or Alexandria
Maybe even a short description of how the name would guide the childs life.

Alex is alway close to being the leader alphabetically..(stupid, I know. My work has drained the creative juices over the last month)

Also the names that have possible teasing potential should be address:
Jake the snake.
Grace sit on my face.

I would love to get one that doesn't have a tease potential as the last name will surely be something he/she would have to live with. ie Lugenbuehl= lugenbuky, lugie, lukenback texas. + the many others I had to endure.

zenbabe 06-01-2003 11:52 AM

I love Grace for a girl, how cute would it be to call her Gracie! I like Ben for a boy.

zefrank 06-01-2003 03:36 PM

sanna for a girl.

beckstra 06-01-2003 04:27 PM

I've always been a big fan of Gangster girlfriend names from the roaring 20s...

Betsy
Trixie
Molly
Rosy
Roxie
Trudy

surflugen 06-01-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by beckstra
I've always been a big fan of Gangster girlfriend names from the roaring 20s...

Betsy
Trixie
Molly
Rosy
Roxie
Trudy

I dig those names too, although it looks like a list of old girl friends except for Roxie.

Sanna? interesting.. Any origin or story to go with the name?

Grace is my wifes name and I don't think we are to into that.

Some of the best names are already taken by our annimals according to my wife, and we can't use them either. ie: Fredrick, Oliver, Octavia.

surflugen 06-01-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nycwriters
I like Bronwyn for a girl, Heath for a boy.
Frounyn Brownyn. I think I am looking to deap into it. Heath is good name, very MONEY. With three months to go, this could generate a good list for a Poll.

surflugen 06-01-2003 05:18 PM

Quote:

Nah, it's pronounced brawn-win.

hehe. :D

Check out the link above, it's interesting and you might get more ideas.

Is that with or with our the Bronx accent?

AllegroNg 06-01-2003 05:55 PM

Angela for girl, Angelo for boy;)

Actually, it's interesting that the trend is to give kids last names as first names (Parker, Taylor, Hunter, Tyler, etc... ). It's cute!

Hermione 06-01-2003 06:43 PM

Antonia for a girl

trisherina 06-01-2003 06:51 PM

Sterling for a boy. Bella for a girl.

zefrank 06-01-2003 07:42 PM

Quote:

Hosanna in the highest? Religious passage?
dunno...

my given name is Hosea...would not recommend it.

surflugen 06-01-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zefrank
dunno...

my given name is Hosea...would not recommend it.

Wow...

I am sure that will bring up all kinds of new qoutes.

How about Ze (Zae)

Ze Lugenbuehl (sounds like a French/German car)

priceyfatprude 06-01-2003 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by surflugen
Ze Lugenbuehl
Sounds like a ride @ Oktoberfest. You could call him Ze Luge for short.

Every time I like a name, it gets too popular, or I start dating a guy whose last name would sound totally stupid w/it.

Emily --my great aunt, but now it's W2P (wayyyy too popular)
Zachary --always liked this one, now it's W2P
Jonah --might still use this someday

With a fancy schmancy last name like yours, you need something simple like John, Mike, Abbie, Kate, etc. Unless you'd want the kid to sound 100% German, then you should look in the German section of the baby name book.

red 06-01-2003 08:11 PM

I wouldn't worry about trying to pick a name that can't be used against your child. Children can be cruel and if they want to make fun of someone's name they will find a way to do it.

Pick something you like.

Frieda 06-02-2003 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by zefrank
sanna for a girl.
my best friend's name is Sanne, it's a pretty common name for a girl here in the netherlands!

Deviate 06-02-2003 10:38 AM

Zoe
or Zach

zenbabe 06-02-2003 11:01 AM

KAT!!!!

surflugen 06-02-2003 11:48 AM

Zoe Lugenbuehl. hmm
Zac.. I like \

Tell me what you think of these names. I have kind of been pushing for the unusual ones:

Slade
Tanner
Strider
Cinnaman (another old girl friend)
Pepper (esspecially if she becomes a Dr.)
Wassily (folowing the artist path)

Frieda 06-02-2003 11:52 AM

wasn't ALF's family called Tanner?

zack/zach/zac: it's alllright cos i was saved by the beeehheeeheell..

strider: nice, what book's this character in again? i think it's the shannara series by david eddings.

oh, and i wouldn't call a girl cinnaMAN..

pepper is nice but also the name of a friend's horse..

wow it must be so hard.. all those names! good luck!

Deviate 06-02-2003 11:55 AM

destroying your list:

Slade - no, sounds like an American Gladiator
Tanner - yes, good name
Strider - no, especially with the Lord of the Rings craze, it'll be VERY popular very soon
Cinnaman - sounds like a cheesy superhero
Pepper - eh
Wassily - no

i do like Zac spelled Z-A-C better, nice touch.

malina 06-02-2003 11:58 AM

girl: paulina

boy: kai (pronounced like "buy" with a "k")

surflugen 06-02-2003 12:09 PM

I have an Aunt Paulina. I would like to use some of my famillies names but everyone thinks that they are my favorite as I am pretty good a cheesing it up with the folks. It would be hard to choose. Strider is a pro surfer that I have always like because of his name. Where/who is Strider in Lord of the Rings?? Tanner is a charactor in the Bad News Bears. I imagine him growing up to be a long haired hessian surfer.

Deviate 06-02-2003 12:21 PM

Strider is one of the main characters in Lord of the Rings:

i've heard the name pop up quite a bit in nurseries recently...

Frieda 06-02-2003 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by malina

oh nonono not kai! my stuttering neighbor is called kai.. he's.. well.. weird!

oh and dev, lotr it is indeed! i always confuse those books. the character is almost the same.

agentsmith 06-02-2003 02:18 PM

Your first name of Rachael has made you happiest when you are expressing in some creative, artistic way, and not conforming to strict routine. In a large group of comparative strangers, you are quiet and rather shy, unable to express yourself, not really wanting to become involved in conversation. On the other hand, among friends with whom you feel at ease, you are expressive, witty, and quite charming. These contrasting natures make it difficult for people to understand you and can lead to friction in your personal life. You are deep, philosophical, and refined, but your extremely sensitive nature causes you to become depressed and self-pitying over any real or imagined slight. If you are not careful, people take advantage of your generous nature. You find the beauties of nature, fine music, art, and literature--all the deeper things of life--inspiring. The reserved, sensitive side of your nature brings aloneness and friction into your life, although you crave affection and understanding. You must guard against emotional excesses, which could result in depletion of energy, creating a desire for quick-energy foods. You could suffer through skin irritations, blood conditions, back trouble, and later, through arthritis. Heart, lung, or bronchial weaknesses could also result.

um...nc? that thing was almost bang-on!

surflugen 06-02-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by agentsmith
......... You could suffer through skin irritations, blood conditions, back trouble, and later, through arthritis. Heart, lung, or bronchial weaknesses could also result.

um...nc? that thing was almost bang-on!

I hope that last part is not true in your future though.

agentsmith 06-02-2003 02:28 PM

me too. besides, i have an entirely different set of problems. its all in the mind when it comes to me.

priceyfatprude 06-02-2003 03:14 PM

Zachary = shortened to Zac, like Dev pointed out. Mostly b/c I knew a Zach in high school & when we wanted to make him mad we called him Za-ch, pronouncing the "ch", like a batch of something.

Strider reminds me of Rider, reminds me of Rider Strong from Boy Meets World. W/a name like Strider Lugenbuehl, he'd grow up to hate you, I bet. Get ready to go to a nursing home early, muahahahaha

You had Cinnamin & Pepper, what, no Ginger? Tarragon? Saffron, though...hmmmm, Saffron Burrows.

agentsmith 06-02-2003 03:22 PM

if its a guy, name him mordred.
girl- hmmm. drusilla?

dinzdale 06-02-2003 03:28 PM

Guy - Dinzdale
Girl - Slapper

Deviate 06-02-2003 03:41 PM

Saffron is one of the hottest names i've ever heard. ever. i always wanted to know that chick that Donovan was singing about in Mellow Yellow that he was so mad about.

dinzdale 06-02-2003 03:56 PM

That chick had really bad acne....hence Mellow Yellow...QED

Frieda 06-02-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

The name of *none of your business* creates an easy-going, good-natured personality, meeting and mixing easily. You appreciate the company of others, to the point that you do not like to be by yourself for very long.
that's opposite of the walnut tree theory. hmmm.

Quote:

You are gifted with natural expression, both verbal and musical, but you would find it tedious to study music and practice theory.
not musical. or well, maybe, i've never tried.

Quote:

Anything that involves concentration or just plain hard work, you prefer to avoid as best you can. Although you have many creative, original ideas, procrastination is your worst enemy because you can seldom make decisions and carry them out.
now this part is absolutely true! i am so lazy.

Quote:

In your desire to gain the favour of others and to keep peace, because you abhor friction, you change your opinion to agree with those at hand.
not true

Quote:

It is easy for you to express love and affection, but you would have to watch that your emotional nature does not get the better of you and lead you to indiscretions which you would later regret.
hmmm.. ok, i'll keep that in mind

Quote:

A desire for sweet, rich foods could create skin problems, overweight, or you could suffer weakness across the back, or possibly a liver ailment.
i've had my share of skin problems, i have a back weakness, and the liver ailment will probably arrive in a couple of years.. poop.

red 06-02-2003 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by malina

Makes me think of Kai's power tools.
Heh, he's a tool.

agentsmith 06-02-2003 11:15 PM

name the boy brian or mordred.

Frieda 06-03-2003 04:01 AM

sabre for a girl

chuckie egg 06-03-2003 08:13 AM

Girl: Rachel
Boy: Joshua

I know someone who named they're little girl Destiny Nevaeh (heaven backwards) thats kinda cool

Frieda 06-03-2003 09:02 AM

why not name your child Hell? that's the opposite of heaven too.. :p

RuneT 06-03-2003 09:12 AM

Rune is nice!

dinzdale 06-03-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RuneT
Rune is nice!
Rune is a girls name.