ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Secrets Thread (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=11574)

Tunesmith 06-16-2007 01:26 AM

The Secrets Thread

In this thread, we share our secrets.

Feel free to be as open or reserved as you want.

Tunesmith 06-16-2007 01:28 AM

When I'm feeling depressed, I like to go here to browse other people's confessions so I can realize how much worse things can be. :o

auntie aubrey 06-16-2007 01:38 AM

i wrote the original "i love lucy" vitameatavegamin script. of course, the original verison never aired due to what the studio referred to as "excessive profanity."

Tunesmith 06-16-2007 01:43 AM

When I was walking in town today, I passed a group of teenagers. With my coffee in hand and cell phone pressed against my ear, I paid them no attention.

Just as the group and I passed each other, I lifted my head up to scan through them, checking for any familiar faces. I saw no one, so I continued walking, but just as I turned away, I caught a glimpse of someone I knew.

I had forgotten her name entirely (Susannah came to mind, but I knew it wasn't right), and it had been many years since I'd seen her. Her face brought up memories, a flash of familiarity amidst the group. I remembered the wrestling match we had in her living room, sitting in her room reading Tintin (with her translating the French), and climbing trees in her backyard.

She was beautiful.

We glanced at each other for the brief moment that we had before she was pulled by the group's cohesion in the opposite direction. We both acknowledged that we knew each other from long ago, but that the time had passed and now we were nothing but faces in the crowd to each other.

I think I fell in love for the tiny, tiny part of a second before I realized who she was and what we had shared.

And then it was gone.

And all I had was an empty look on my face as I turned around to watch them go, a soy latte, and my phone.

I wish things like that would happen more often...

trisherina 06-16-2007 11:02 AM

I talk to things in the garden as I tend them, using the dialect I think each might like.

craig johnston 06-16-2007 01:16 PM

psst, i don't think the roses are diggin the bavarian trish!

if i tell it it won't be a secret anymore

:confused:

brightpearl 06-16-2007 03:17 PM

My secret is that I know more secrets than I have.

Veruki 06-16-2007 04:13 PM

im not a materalistic person but i am a shoe whore. so im at the mall father's day shopping and i see these beautiful shoes which are completely out of my price range, and i catch myself thinking about who or what i can cut out of my wedding so i can buy them. i had bite my lip just to keep from crying at what a brat i was being. the thing is that it caught me so off guard cuz thats not like me at all. so i decided to punish myself and buy no shoes no matter how cheap they were. then i bought a pair $145 pucci sandals because they were on "clearance" on the condition that i would share them with my mother. i am a bad person.

anyways the secret is that the only ones who will ever know the real price is my mother and i.

Update: I returned the shoes...the guilt consumed me, I feel much better now!

Odbe 06-16-2007 06:33 PM

I like this site.

brightpearl 06-16-2007 07:07 PM

^^I like that one, too.

Avalon 06-16-2007 07:11 PM

It is my first stop on Sunday morning..sometimes, very late on Sat night, I cheat to see if the new ones are posted. :o

lukkucairi 06-16-2007 07:11 PM

I'm a raging hypochondriac. But that's not really a secret :o

lukkucairi 06-27-2007 01:39 AM

I have a secret. I'll tell you on Friday.

brightpearl 08-09-2007 06:53 PM

Sometimes I post completely random things in the messages for each other thread with absolutely no one in mind.

:D

It's a terrible habit, but I can't seem to stop.

Jack Flanders 08-10-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 349076)
I talk to things in the garden as I tend them, using the dialect I think each might like.

Hmmm. Do you have poison-ivy? How would you do that dialect?? I have a few ideas!