ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   DEBATE HALL (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Canadians (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=2736)

catbelly 09-11-2003 09:18 PM

Canadians

http://www.post-gazette.com/columnis...0sam0730p1.asp

You live next door to a clean-cut, quiet guy. He never plays loud music or throws raucous parties. He doesn't gossip over the fence, just smiles politely and offers you some tomatoes. His lawn is cared-for, his house is neat as a pin and you get the feeling he doesn't always lock his front door. He wears Dockers. You hardly know he's there.

And then one day you discover that he has pot in his basement, spends his weekends at peace marches and that guy you've seen mowing the yard is his spouse.

Allow me to introduce Canada.

This article from a Philly newspaper cracked me up. It makes big generalizations about the US, which always makes me feel a bit nuts - but all in all I thought it was a tongue in cheek interesting comparison of Canada and the US. What do you think?

priceyfatprude 09-12-2003 12:12 AM

Blame Canada! Blame Canada! For all their hockey hullabaloo. And that bitch Anne Murray too.

malina 09-12-2003 12:46 AM

some canadians are really nice...... ;) *wink wink*

priceyfatprude 09-12-2003 12:54 AM

I was only teasing. I love all things Canadian. Molson Ice, Maple, Moel, Malina, Marguerite.

Oh & buttertarts.

priceyfatprude 09-12-2003 12:56 AM

Mmmmmm, buttertarts.

Mmmmmmm, moelie goalie stick, hahahahaHAHAHAHA

priceyfatprude 09-12-2003 12:58 AM

Oh, he's in bed. He won't even see this until tomorrow. And then he will laugh. :p

Miss Malevolent 09-12-2003 01:02 AM

That quote is pretty funny.

I've always viewed Canada as the suburbs and the US as the inner city.

I like inner city living though...so to me it ain't a negative.

catbelly 09-12-2003 02:02 AM

Oops! Those "P" cities, you know... confusing for someone from the 'burbs :)

*sigh, hockey* the exhibition games are starting... summer is over.

LOL about Anne Murray being a bitch!!! I am sure my ears will burn when I hear comments about...

CELINE DION

*ducking and running away*

priceyfatprude 09-12-2003 03:14 PM

I shall let KittenTumTum in on the joke:

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut Soundtrack Lyrics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Lyrics
Song: Blame Canada Lyrics

Sheila(Kyle's mom):Times have changed, our kids are getting worse They won't obey their parents they just wan't to fart and curse

Mrs. Marsh: Should we blame the government? Ms. Cartman: Or blame society?

Boys fathers: Or should we blame the images on TV?

Sheila(Kyle's mom):

No,blame Canada, blame Canada
With all their beedy little eyes have packed thier heads so full of lies, blame Canada, blame Canada,
we need to form a full assault its canadas fault

Mrs. Marsh:Don't blame me for my son Stan he saw the darn cartoon and now hes of to join the klan

Ms. Cartman: And my boy Eric once had my picture on his shelf but now when I see him he tells me to **** myself

Shelia: Well? Blame Canada, blame Canada, it seems that everythings gone wrong since Canada came along, blame
Canada, blame Canada

Copy shop attendent:They're not even a real country
anyway

Mrs. McCormick:
My son could have been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbeque

Crowd: Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed
him to expire

Sheila: Heck no, blame Canada, blame Canada, with all their hockey hullabaloo

Ms. Cartman: And that bitch Ann Murray too

Everyone: Blame Canada, shame on Canada, for the smut we must stuff the trash we must stash the laughter and **** must all be undone we must blame them the cause of fuss before
somebody thinks of blaming us

catbelly 09-14-2003 04:35 PM

I can't believe I didn't get that reference... I love South Park! Terence & Philip totally crack me up.

dickieC 09-14-2003 04:46 PM

Ohhhhh Ca-na-da we stand on guaaaaard forrrr theeee!!!!!

catbelly 09-14-2003 06:02 PM

Dickie you know as much of the anthem as lots of us Canajuns :)

catbelly 09-14-2003 06:51 PM

Whoooo I did learn it in elementary school at one point, but I think I must have destroyed that part of my brain in between then and now. I'm going to Montreal soon, maybe I should brush up on that!

catbelly 09-14-2003 07:58 PM

Aw, Peg, I was just joking... I really do know the words. And, last year, I actually shed a tear at the Canucks game when people were singing the anthem so freaking loud (and with the correct words, lol) that the designated singer (I think it was Ben Heffner) stopped singing and held the mic up to the crowd. It was really something to see / hear - Canadians aren't really known for being rabidly patriotic or at least publicly demonstrative so to have that many people fvcking BELTING it out was incredible.

malina 09-14-2003 08:22 PM

*cough*

i don't understand why people are proud of their nationality... there is no merit! where you are born is a coincidence, nothing else. no?