ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   daily wisdom (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=5243)

Audreyvgs 06-28-2004 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Audreyvgs on the heart/sleeve thread
I think zero underestimates the solidarity between some members of this group. There is a definite sense of community that zero and 12"razormix have absolutely no chance of either understanding or sharing. ta ta!

madasacutsnake 06-28-2004 02:58 AM

OK can't find the pic I want so:

Bex = aspirin. 1950's ad with the slogan "Have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down". Showed a Far from Heaven lady of the house filling up with what was probably valium but was meant to be aspirin before heading for the bed for a good lie down after a hard day brushing the dog. You get the pic. "Have a Bex and a good lie down" has fallen into colloquial use here.

Here's some links:

bex

bex

trisherina 06-28-2004 03:09 AM

Dammit, I need a Bex and a good liedown!
Becks:

Or maybe I'll cheat a bit:

Please tell me I can take two.

sparticle 06-28-2004 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by madasacutsnake
OK can't find the pic I want so:

Bex = aspirin. 1950's ad with the slogan "Have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down". Showed a Far from Heaven lady of the house filling up with what was probably valium but was meant to be aspirin before heading for the bed for a good lie down after a hard day brushing the dog. You get the pic. "Have a Bex and a good lie down" has fallen into colloquial use here.

Here's some links:

bex

bex

heh -- LOL! Thanks. ;)

I kinda like trisherina's idea, too! :cool:

zero 06-28-2004 07:12 AM

thank god for that. for a moment there I thought we were in trouble.

Clytie 06-28-2004 10:23 AM

can i have a bex too? :) i have a toothache...im sure they are good for that too.

daverbee 06-28-2004 11:19 AM

Wisdom:

You can't squeeze cheese from a goat before it's hatched.
Ren and Stimpy

sparticle 06-28-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zero
thank god for that. for a moment there I thought we were in trouble.
Don't even think about joking around with me until you apologize to NYC.

You still can, you know. Nobody is all bad. Sometimes people do and say stupid stuff they don't mean. It's not a disgrace to say sorry when you've been mean.

But don't talk to/at/about me until you do.

nycwriters 06-28-2004 02:15 PM

It's OK Spart. Really.

Some people just don't like me, and that's fine. I was actually surprised it took this long.

I'd hate to see you get towed under in this undercurrent. It's not worth it.

Clytie 06-28-2004 02:18 PM

whoa NYC thats some major negativity...

balance your chee love *hovers over her desk at work sitting crosslegged midair*

sparticle 06-28-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nycwriters
It's OK Spart. Really.

Some people just don't like me, and that's fine. I was actually surprised it took this long.

I'd hate to see you get towed under in this undercurrent. It's not worth it.

I'm not usually one to get caught up in a message board fracas (usually I take the attitude of Alice in Wonderland -- "Why, you're nothing but pack of cards!" -- LOL), but that remark yesterday was just plain mean and uncalled for.

Usually, I don't consider it any of my busines when someone's being an asshole, being mean, or thinks, mistakenly or not, that being ugly and nasty is amusing. That's their stuff. It's eminently ignorable. LOL

But when someone is being mean to a friend, even "just" a virtual acquaintance, particularly one who's going through a rough time, I lose my temper. There's no excuse for that kind of crap. There's plenty in the big old world to make fun of, tear down or throw rocks at, virtual or otherwise, without being mean to someone who's up against it.

Klynne 06-28-2004 02:49 PM

I agree with Spart!

Clytie 06-28-2004 02:49 PM

*thunderous applause* im new here but i agree... even if i only know u virtually. theres no need for negative crap. if u dun like it here... leave...we arent keeping you!

sparticle 06-28-2004 02:52 PM

Or they could start "The Mean Thread" and leave the rest of us out of it. :D

trisherina 06-28-2004 03:01 PM

I got the impression that zero was responding to the "no chance of either understanding or sharing" comment posted by Audrey, FWIW.