ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ★ i keep reloading bulletin.zefrank.com to see if there are new posts ★ (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=13950)

zero 08-18-2009 02:40 PM

i'm hungry

YsaPur EsChomuw 08-19-2009 12:43 PM

I'm eating an unripe pear

Marcus Bales 08-19-2009 03:45 PM

I just ate some cold fried chicken.

Brynn 08-20-2009 08:49 PM

I just said I'd go somewhere I didn't really want to go.

MoJoRiSin 08-21-2009 12:20 AM

need i say more?

zero 08-22-2009 04:40 PM

yes you need say more . we all need say more

MoJoRiSin 08-22-2009 05:35 PM

alright
who
is
here

zero 08-22-2009 05:47 PM

a profoundly searching question if ever i heard one

MoJoRiSin 08-22-2009 06:21 PM

i
know
that
silly

Marcus Bales 08-23-2009 09:07 AM

I've done that, too.

trisherina 08-23-2009 12:35 PM

and it ain't that pretty at all

Brynn 08-23-2009 06:41 PM

^ speaking of which, I've gone and cut off all my hair for the first time. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

zero 08-26-2009 05:05 PM

i know - everybody write posts & then there will be a lot of posts to read

Brynn 08-27-2009 05:20 AM

Curiosity

Might not be such a big deal to anybody, but it was a very interesting day for me.
People cut their hair all the time.
Me, not so much.
Since I know you are secretly interested, I'll tell you all about it. I know. It's more to have to read.
I'm completely and totally shorn because I happened to ask the arrested little timid waif of a girl named Anais (who was cutting my hair at the Aveda school) how she came to be in Portland. She'd volunteered some details about her life that were sounding rather out of the ordinary, such as

1. "There's not a lot of music I recognize because I wasn't allowed to listen to music when I was growing up."
2. "I grew up in the wilderness of Northern Canada.
3. "I didn't have any books to read, and of course no television so I learned to cut hair on my seven brothers and sisters. That's how I had fun."
4. "My mother was very religious."
5. "Yesterday I looked just like "My Little Pony" but I had to dye my hair brown because I'm looking for work. At least it's a pretty brown because it has all that hot pink under it."

Some details became more and more difficult for her to talk about, even as she clearly wanted to talk about them.

5. "I ran away from home when I was 16."
6. "Somebody said that the story of my life would make a good movie, but I told him that if he was going to make a movie about me, he couldn't lighten it up - it has to be as dark as it actually was."
7. "I picked Portland to run away to because I once read a story about Lewis and Clark and Sacajawea. It sounded nice."

She is now hacking off huge hunks of hair and her shoulders are all hunched up. I ask her why she ran away. She heaved a big sigh and hacked off more.

8. "I was a child bride of David Koresh."
9. "The wildest thing I saw when I first moved here was when I walked into a coffee house and saw a man wearing a baby in a sling across the front of his chest. I couldn't wrap my head around it. That was "women's work"."

The hair is no longer about how I want it to look. It's her outlet, her therapy, her art. She's talking and cutting and cutting and cutting.

11. "I don't know if I'd call myself a survivor - I'm still in it, you know?"
12. "My part of the family wasn't picked to go to Waco. He wanted some Branch Davidians to stay."

The instructor comes over to check on things, and correct mistakes. She seems gentler and more careful with Anais than with the other students. She ran her fingers through what was left of my hair, and before every corrective cut she said "I totally and completely support your artistic vision (snip). This is a little lopsided here, but I applaud your artistry (snip). I do not want to invalidate your creativity so I'm just going to do a little...(snip).

I was left with less than a half inch of hair all around except for a long, aysymmetrical forelock in the front. It is very different. It was a day to start over completely and leave all anxieties and vanity on the floor.

When she surveyed everything she'd done, she said
13."It's a lot shorter than what you wanted, but now you look like a rock star. Very architectural."

Brynn 08-27-2009 05:24 AM

Back to phoning it in. Blah blah blah.