ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Brynn 02-18-2014 06:26 PM

A williwaw is, quite simply, a switch made out of a willow branch that was used to punish children, most prevalent in rural cultures around the turn of the 20th century.

xfox 04-01-2014 12:11 AM

williwaw A material witness to a phenomenon.

If Coffee had a willywaw, he'd not keep it to himself, but then bealblues has been gone for months, too, and Lord knows we need somebody to define that williwaw business.

funkytuba 07-11-2014 03:12 PM

williwaw - the continual state of being wow-ed by Wil Wheaton

Hyakujo's Fox 07-13-2014 06:30 AM

williwaw a type of rough constrictive underwear never made popular.

dddrum 09-14-2014 06:18 PM

Williwaw - a comic reaction displayed by one who sees someone he or she has not seen in years just pop up nonchalantly in close proximity to them. In the comics, this may be illustrated by bugged-out eyes, a slack jaw, and a large exclamation point suspended over the head, with the subject in turn suspended several inches above his or her prior position. In animation, a williwaw can be shown by the subject shooting backwards with the face wobbling uncontrollably, accompanied by the rapid repitition of the titular sound:williwawlillywawillywawlilly. (I'm sure you've seen the Looney Tunes guys do this.) To indicate a williwaw in the real world, the subject may do an impression of one or more of the Three Stooges, grab their phone and start tweeting, or just put a wet finger into a light socket.

funkytuba 09-15-2014 03:09 PM

williwaw - Australian for Bitumen

brightpearl 09-15-2014 10:44 PM

Williwaw -- A kind of bogeyman in traditional Polish folklore thought to originate in the area of Warsaw. It roams the woods and watersheds looking for unsuspecting young whippersnappers to frighten, warbling a mournful tune whilst wearing a tunic made of Oscar Meyer wienie whistles.

Brynn 10-04-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dddrum (Post 433755)
Williwaw - a comic reaction displayed by one who sees someone he or she has not seen in years just pop up nonchalantly in close proximity to them. In the comics, this may be illustrated by bugged-out eyes, a slack jaw, and a large exclamation point suspended over the head, with the subject in turn suspended several inches above his or her prior position. In animation, a williwaw can be shown by the subject shooting backwards with the face wobbling uncontrollably, accompanied by the rapid repitition of the titular sound:williwawlillywawillywawlilly. (I'm sure you've seen the Looney Tunes guys do this.) To indicate a williwaw in the real world, the subject may do an impression of one or more of the Three Stooges, grab their phone and start tweeting, or just put a wet finger into a light socket.

:-0 ! Well hello there!

MoJoRiSin 03-11-2015 05:50 PM

the dictionary game used to entertain me
quite some bit

xfox 02-27-2016 10:43 PM

It's wiliwaw time again on the blue marble.

Brynn 04-29-2016 04:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJ38y4Jn6k

Brynn 04-29-2016 04:09 PM

just kidding.... :-)

MoJoRiSin 05-07-2016 12:16 PM

Brynn! When I think of those
days
(the Dictionary Game in particular
and of writing stuff together in general)
of writing stuff together
this
song comes to mind
(don't watch the video just listen to the words and
remember those days 😊)
I PROMISE not to put in my 2 c worth
when it happens for real
because Mo's Posts
is where I belong
!
obviously
!