ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

xfox 12-17-2005 01:55 PM

Apsopelix - term used to describe reaching a temporary point where satisfaction, peace and contentment diminish any further striving.

Brynn 12-17-2005 07:12 PM

apsopelix - n.
a rare, unfortunate genetic strand that causes its carrier to bark like an angry little dog when provoked or threatened.

trisherina 12-17-2005 08:39 PM

apsopelix: The internal conflict created by simultaneously wanting your children to learn basic housekeeping tasks vs. wanting the tasks to be done appropriately.

Ella squirmed silently in apsopelix, pretending to concentrate on bill-paying, while her son bashed the vacuum cleaner into the baseboards over and over again with the force of a born mesomorph.

kaskeens 12-17-2005 11:01 PM

apsopelix

apsopelix-an unordinary homophobic fear of watching odd couple re-runs

daverbee 12-18-2005 01:35 AM

Apsopelix
n.

A mutant genetic strain found in one human in 10,000,000,000,000,000 in which the bearer of said gene resembles a small, fluffy dog.

Edited to note that I was having marijuana induced conversations of the type that Ichi-san described approximately 10 years before Animal House was first released... :p

Master_Jedi 12-18-2005 02:14 AM

Apsopelix-

the act of losing all sanity while listening to rap music, and at the same time wondering if its okay for vegeterians to eat animal crackers...

Hyakujo's Fox 12-18-2005 07:17 AM

Apsopelix (a) without the ability to correctly pronounce the word aspopelix.

Brynn 12-18-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverbee
Apsopelix
n.

A mutant genetic strain found in one human in 10,000,000,000,000,000 in which the bearer of said gene resembles a small, fluffy dog.

this is a brilliant definition, dbee, IMHO. :D
you should win.

and I should come in second.

if anyone else comes up with another Lhaso-Apso definition, they should come in third. then the dog contingent can tie up all three spots and buy everyone drinks. wouldn't that be something?

12"razormix 12-19-2005 02:53 AM

Apsopelix

the health official of a small gallic village at the border of the roman empire around 50 b.c.

dinzdale 12-19-2005 12:22 PM

Apsopelix n. Med. Anat.

The proper name for the taint, that little part that seperates bumhole from vadge. Originally named after the Appian Way it was mentioned by Pliny, where his girlfriend Vulva Maxima throws him off the bed after the following:-

"Penis mei surprisumest bellendium apsopelix bammendum"

lit. "My willy's bell-end was surprised when it bammed into her diver's chinrest"

daverbee 12-19-2005 03:51 PM

^^^
My votes with Dinz...

Zatoichi 12-20-2005 11:24 PM

Apsopelix

In actuality, it is the name of some sort of prehistoric fish which was being eaten by prehistoric monsters whose unspellable names are contained in the latest National Geographic.

As to the entries....

The "Zen Master Equanimity Award" goes to Xfox, for >>Apsopelix - term used to describe reaching a temporary point where satisfaction, peace and contentment diminish any further striving.<< I like this one a lot, just not quite enough to punish you with victory.

The "small fluffy dog entries are nearly as doomed as ones pertaining to non-dead cats" award goes to Brynn, for >>apsopelix - n.
a rare, unfortunate genetic strand that causes its carrier to bark like an angry little dog when provoked or threatened.<<
even though I still love her name and even though there is apparently a very large and dangerous and quite possibly vindictive small fluffy dog contingent in this thread.

The "I know just what you mean" award goes to trisherina for >>apsopelix: The internal conflict created by simultaneously wanting your children to learn basic housekeeping tasks vs. wanting the tasks to be done appropriately.

Ella squirmed silently in apsopelix, pretending to concentrate on bill-paying, while her son bashed the vacuum cleaner into the baseboards over and over again with the force of a born mesomorph.<<

Extra points to Trish for using the word in a sentence, I like that. Questions from the judging panel as to the word "mesomorph", which we thought was something or someone which can change its shape, but we are precluded by our strict adherence to Roberts Rules of Internet Conduct from looking anything up.

The "Does the answer say too much about the poster?" award goes to kaskeens, for >>apsopelix-an unordinary homophobic fear of watching odd couple re-runs<<.

The "Op.Cit. re: small fluffy dogs" award goes to Daverbee for >>A mutant genetic strain found in one human in 10,000,000,000,000,000 in which the bearer of said gene resembles a small, fluffy dog.<<

Meanwhile, Daverbee deftly rescues himself from what would have been a purely vindictively granted victory with his late edit in a commendable act of self-defense.

The "second half begs the question of the first half" award goes to Master Jedi for >>the act of losing all sanity while listening to rap music, and at the same time wondering if its okay for vegeterians to eat animal crackers...<<

Hyakujo's Fox garners the extremely coveted "I had to google it myself to make sure I hadn't got it wrong in the first place" award for >>Apsopelix (a) without the ability to correctly pronounce the word aspopelix.<<

The "words fail me it's so good it gets the coveted second place" award goes to Dinzdale for >>Apsopelix n. Med. Anat.

The proper name for the taint, that little part that seperates bumhole from vadge. Originally named after the Appian Way it was mentioned by Pliny, where his girlfriend Vulva Maxima throws him off the bed after the following:-

"Penis mei surprisumest bellendium apsopelix bammendum"

lit. "My willy's bell-end was surprised when it bammed into her diver's chinrest"<<

Leaving me once again bestowing the thorny crown of victory on 12"Razormix, for >>the health official of a small gallic village at the border of the roman empire around 50 b.c.<<, because even if s/he cheated on anadromous last time out there's no way that googling would have led to Asterisk and Obelisk.

Take it away, foot-long.

12"razormix 12-21-2005 03:03 AM

i would like to pass this one on to dinz :)

( all this cheating has made me tired... )

Master_Jedi 12-21-2005 03:27 AM

foot long, stop that

dinzdale 12-21-2005 02:01 PM

Yeah, 12" has to do it, I wont be around to judge til after Xmas.

Word.