ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Justice for Julia (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=17147)

Klynne 11-06-2008 09:10 PM

Justice for Julia

I just wanted to let you all know that Julia Dawson's killer was convicted of first degree murder today. It took four years. I am friends with Julia's mother.

I was there for the verdict.

We went out after and celebrated, and the detectives, assistant AG, family, friends, and the jury were there. We did not expect to run into the jury, but enjoyed talking to them. They are wonderful people, and they were excited to meet us, as we were grateful, and excited to meet them.

Justice for Julia has been achieved!

michaelG 11-06-2008 11:58 PM

Millions of people get murdered every year, and lots of black mothers have their children persecuted and beaten by cops every year.

The jury celebrated with the cops and lawyers ?
IS this how white people operate ?

madasacutsnake 11-07-2008 07:53 AM

I'm glad for you all. Is that you in the youtube?

Avalon 11-07-2008 01:43 PM

I am glad this is finally over for you guys.

12"razormix 11-07-2008 04:06 PM

i can't help but wonder: what exactly did you celebrate, klynne?

michaelG 11-07-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 400676)

I must respectfully ask the same thing. I never understood the passion with which people seek vengeance on another person. What does one celebrate ?

What does one say at a post-sentencing celebration?

"Wow, great job counselor, really hit that one out of the park !!! "

there is also something unsettling about the parties attending the 'celebration' --sounds like a modern day lynch mob--

madasacutsnake 11-07-2008 06:35 PM

I think they should have let him go and had a great big party about how forgiving they are and how now he's going to be able to get on with his life. Woohoo!

Coffee 11-07-2008 09:30 PM

"I must respectfully..."

Since when?

Brynn 11-07-2008 11:02 PM

not to be unfriendly, but - yeah, really.

Why don't you tell us a story about how you personally have been affected by murder? Until then, maybe you could float somebody a giant break. I suspect that you haven't, because if you had, you'd feel only sympathy. Instead you just keep dropping turds everywhere you go.
"Somebody's birthday? I believe I'll leave a pile of turds on their birthday thread." "Somebody celebrating the end of a long ordeal? I believe I'll turn all the attention to me and trivialize the plight of black urbanites again." What's up with that?

Maybe - just maybe, closure is something to celebrate after a horrible tragedy; after four years of crying out for justice, it must be a relief to be grateful for something.
Maybe people get together afterwards to express gratitude for the weight that's been lifted and the sense of relief that comes flooding in.
Maybe there's a sense of safety that the person who took your baby isn't still lurking in your or someone else's neighborhood.
Maybe the work of forgiveness can begin now.
It's not something families of victims ever recover from, no matter what their color is. Why begrudge anybody in that position a bright spot to cling to? The guy is behind bars. He can't cause more suffering out in the big world as long as he's in there. Maybe he'll ruminate on it. Maybe he'll become enlightened. In the meantime, good riddance.

Klynne 11-07-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelG (Post 400597)
Millions of people get murdered every year, and lots of black mothers have their children persecuted and beaten by cops every year.

The jury did not celebrate with us. They happened to be at the place the family and friends gathered.

Klynne 11-07-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix (Post 400676)

We celebrated that a man was convicted of murdering his wife when she was trying to leave him.

He knocked her out, fracturing her skull, strangled her with a belt, and dumped her nude body along the freeway. Their 18 month old son was present the whole time.

Prior to him murdering her, he beat the crap out of her. She suffered insomnia, but could not take her sleeping pills because she would wake up in the morning with semen and vomit on her chest.

She could not talk to her parents on her home phone. He monitored her every move. She could only talk to her parents from her work phone. When she left the house she had to call and report her every move. I think she, truly loved her husband, and wanted to work it out for the sake of their child. She called her mother two days before she was murdered and told her to "get my room ready, I'm coming home". She was 23 when he killed her.

He beat his first wife and held her captive for two days. When he discovered that she had escaped, he went to the bank, cleaned out the accounts and filed for divorce.

I have not even touched the tip of the ice berg here.

I apolgize if anyone is offended that after the verdict we were happy. But we were and an evil person has been taken off the streets never to hurt another woman again.

Klynne 11-07-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madasacutsnake (Post 400639)
I'm glad for you all. Is that you in the youtube?

Thanks, no that wasn't me, I was sitting to her left and was not captured on camera thank God.

Klynne 11-07-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon (Post 400664)
I am glad this is finally over for you guys.

Thank you.

Brynn 11-07-2008 11:36 PM

Klynne, I hope it was clear I was addressing Michaelturdropper, not you.

Klynne 11-07-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelG (Post 400597)

Millions of people do get murdered every year and it is a travesty. I think we all have to stand up against rogue cops and murders. Many people go through domestic abuse as well, at that is wrong. We must stand up as a united front and do something about it.

As for your last remark, I am puzzled, but everyone has the right to their own opinions. You are taking a group of people and making a broad generalization about them. I don't mean to sound corny, but I was raised to judge people by their character, and not the color of their skin.

Klynne 11-07-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 400750)
Klynne, I hope it was clear I was addressing Michaelturdropper, not you.

Yes it was clear, and thank you:)

Jack Flanders 11-08-2008 03:23 AM

Bless you for your loyalty to your friends and beliefs. You are so special. Stay strong!!!

michaelG 11-08-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne (Post 400746)
We celebrated that a man was convicted of murdering his wife when she was trying to leave him.

He knocked her out, fracturing her skull, strangled her with a belt, and dumped her nude body along the freeway. Their 18 month old son was present the whole time.

Prior to him murdering her, he beat the crap out of her. She suffered insomnia, but could not take her sleeping pills because she would wake up in the morning with semen and vomit on her chest.

She could not talk to her parents on her home phone. He monitored her every move. She could only talk to her parents from her work phone. When she left the house she had to call and report her every move. I think she, truly loved her husband, and wanted to work it out for the sake of their child. She called her mother two days before she was murdered and told her to "get my room ready, I'm coming home". She was 23 when he killed her.

He beat his first wife and held her captive for two days. When he discovered that she had escaped, he went to the bank, cleaned out the accounts and filed for divorce.

I have not even touched the tip of the ice berg here.

I apolgize if anyone is offended that after the verdict we were happy. But we were and an evil person has been taken off the streets never to hurt another woman again.

Seems her family should be charged for failure to save her life, clearly there was sufficient warning of an impending disaster. The only one I truly feel sorry for is her child.

MoJoRiSin 11-08-2008 04:50 PM

I have another take on it
ask any policeman
how many of his middle of the night calls
do not involve
drugs or alcohol
close knit tribes celebrate together
they do not get drunk in front of the tube with the baby crying in the other room

Avalon 11-08-2008 05:11 PM

Seems her family should be charged for failure to save her life, clearly there was sufficient warning of an impending disaster. The only one I truly feel sorry for is her child.

Obviously you are unaware of the women and children hunted down relentlessly, who have gone from shelter to shelter, hidden by family, only to be found and murdered anyway...sometimes the family or shelter personnel being targeted as well for providing safe haven.

Should Jennifer Hudson be prosecuted for her family's death? The lived in a rough neighborhood; she asked them to move, they refused, they died. This is her fault? What thought process do you use when you make these statements?

This is especially delicate territory into which you're stepping. Or, it would be if anyone one believed you were black, respectful, or sorry.

Klynne 11-08-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelG (Post 400801)

Perhaps you do not understand abused women. They tend to hide their abuse from their families. They had some idea, but did not know the extent. She did not tell them everything, nor was allowed much contact with them. She loved Tim, tried to make him change but it did not work. Believe me, they did not know the extent of his cruelty. They were concerned about his controlling behaivor. What were they suppose to do? Julia was a legal adult. So, I find your statement to be a little unfair.

michaelG 11-08-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne (Post 400823)
Perhaps you do not understand abused women. They tend to hide their abuse from their families. They had some idea, but did not know the extent. She did not tell them everything, nor was allowed much contact with them. She loved Tim, tried to make him change but it did not work. Believe me, they did not know the extent of his cruelty. They were concerned about his controlling behaivor. What were they suppose to do? Julia was a legal adult. So, I find your statement to be a little unfair.

It would seem, given the level of control he exerted and her call to ask that they prepare a room for her, everyone was aware there was nothing less than a serious threat to her well being. Her life was simply wasted, and she could have been helped if anyone had taken the time to know the man's history and been aware of the warning signs of extreme domestic abuse.

That's all I am saying. I really feel sorry for the child, as he will never understand why someone did not save his mother despite her self-deceptive hope that her man would change.

Perhaps the celebration helped them rid themselves of the guilt the family can not help but be dealing with.

Brynn 11-08-2008 10:48 PM

You must be a lot of fun at funerals.

Klynne 11-08-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelG (Post 400828)
It would seem, given the level of control he exerted and her call to ask that they prepare a room for her, everyone was aware there was nothing less than a serious threat to her well being. Her life was simply wasted, and she could have been helped if anyone had taken the time to know the man's history and been aware of the warning signs of extreme domestic abuse.

That's all I am saying. I really feel sorry for the child, as he will never understand why someone did not save his mother despite her self-deceptive hope that her man would change.

Perhaps the celebration helped them rid themselves of the guilt the family can not help but be dealing with.

I hear you. But, I ask you, what would you do if you were in their situation? You have an adult child, and you have some sense of what is happening but not the complete picture. Would you talk to her? They did. Would you hold her against her will, to keep her away from this man? I am sure they wanted to, but that is kidnapping. Can you even imagine how powerless they felt?

Really, what would you have done under these circumstances?

I am not asking you this to be argumentative, but really, what would you have done?

Klynne 11-08-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Flanders (Post 400760)
Bless you for your loyalty to your friends and beliefs. You are so special. Stay strong!!!

Thanks Jack! Lurves you. My friend is flying to Texas Wed. to bring her grandson back home.

michaelG 11-08-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne (Post 400831)
I hear you. But, I ask you, what would you do if you were in their situation? You have an adult child, and you have some sense of what is happening but not the complete picture. Would you talk to her? They did. Would you hold her against her will, to keep her away from this man? I am sure they wanted to, but that is kidnapping. Can you even imagine how powerless they felt?

Really, what would you have done under these circumstances?

I am not asking you this to be argumentative, but really, what would you have done?

If I had a daughter I would think I would know her well and would do anything possible to help her if I sensed she was being harmed.

Obviously these people did not know this was going to happen as any parent would surrender their lives for their child's. I surely would not fear a psychotic abuser and would probably have killed him in order to protect my daughter. At minimum I would speak to the husband in order to get a better grasp of the situation.

Brynn 11-08-2008 11:38 PM

No daughter, but...
Be careful. Life has a nasty way of handing a person exactly the experiences they lack. I wouldn't wish that particular experience on anybody.
Be glad you're not a real expert.

Brynn 11-09-2008 12:07 AM

Or even really who you pretend to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klynne:

“Lulz” is how trolls keep score. A corruption of “LOL” or “laugh out loud,” “lulz” means the joy of disrupting another’s emotional equilibrium. “Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh,” said one ex-troll, who refused to disclose his legal identity.

Another troll explained the lulz as a quasi-thermodynamic exchange between the sensitive and the cruel: “You look for someone who is full of it, a real blowhard. Then you exploit their insecurities to get an insane amount of drama, laughs and lulz. Rules would be simple: 1. Do whatever it takes to get lulz. 2. Make sure the lulz is widely distributed. This will allow for more lulz to be made. 3. The game is never over until all the lulz have been had.”

Klynne 11-10-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brynn (Post 400854)
Or even really who you pretend to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klynne:

“Lulz” is how trolls keep score. A corruption of “LOL” or “laugh out loud,” “lulz” means the joy of disrupting another’s emotional equilibrium. “Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh,” said one ex-troll, who refused to disclose his legal identity.

Another troll explained the lulz as a quasi-thermodynamic exchange between the sensitive and the cruel: “You look for someone who is full of it, a real blowhard. Then you exploit their insecurities to get an insane amount of drama, laughs and lulz. Rules would be simple: 1. Do whatever it takes to get lulz. 2. Make sure the lulz is widely distributed. This will allow for more lulz to be made. 3. The game is never over until all the lulz have been had.”

Thanks Brynn,

I was warned in a private message about this troll last night. I will no longer respond to this idiot. I just haven't been on this board as regularlly as I once was. I did not realize that our close community has been invaded by a few a-holes. I will have to be more careful who I respond to. Sad really. I guess I was had.

michaelG 11-10-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne (Post 400977)
Thanks Brynn,

I was warned in a private message about this troll last night. I will no longer respond to this idiot. I just haven't been on this board as regularlly as I once was. I did not realize that our close community has been invaded by a few a-holes. I will have to be more careful who I respond to. Sad really. I guess I was had.

call me what you want you are all racists. .But I have an IQ of 180, I married into money, I do not have to work, I have a very lucrative freelance Intellectual Property consultancy, and my daughter was not killed by a white trash abuser.

When you as consistently correct as I am, you lose your ability to waste time with niceties.

I do not hold grudges against you little people however.

MoJoRiSin 11-10-2008 12:15 PM

frank?

intellectual property? what exactly is that?
you mean like rhe bern convention?
or song tunes?
WTF? I can't wrap my mind around those concepts...
You are WAY smarter than I ever dreamed of being
Michael G.

michaelG 11-10-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne (Post 400977)
I guess I was had.

you were not 'had'. You were showing a spark of independent thought and clearly for an instant you recognized that I was being rational. Do not always go along with the weak minded pack as you will lose you opportunity to entertain new ( correct in my case) thoughts and ideas.

I congratulate you on responding and I regret you have chosen to adopt the mob's opinion of a great thinker.

michaelG 11-10-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 401003)
intellectual property? what exactly is that?
you mean like rhe bern convention?
or song tunes?
WTF? I can't wrap my mind around those concepts...
You are WAY smarter than I ever dreamed of being
Michael G.

simply put: ideas as property. ideas have many forms.

MoJoRiSin 11-10-2008 12:20 PM

fro instance
san you tell me who exactly wrote these lyrics
OR were they ripped off some dead guys obscure poetry?
************************************************** **********Theres a lady whos sure
All that glitters is gold
And shes buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and shes buying a stairway to heaven.

Theres a sign on the wall
But she wants to be sure
cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook
Theres a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

Theres a feeling I get
When I look to the west,
And my spirit is crying for leaving.
In my thoughts I have seen
Rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who standing looking.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it really makes me wonder.

And its whispered that soon
If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter.

If theres a bustle in your hedgerow
Dont be alarmed now,
Its just a spring clean for the may queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
Theres still time to change the road youre on.
And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it wont go
In case you dont know,
The pipers calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow,
And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How evrything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

michaelG 11-10-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 401006)
fro instance
san you tell me who exactly wrote these lyrics
OR were they ripped off some dead guys obscure poetry?
************************************************** **********Theres a lady whos sure
All that glitters is gold
And shes buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and shes buying a stairway to heaven.

Theres a sign on the wall
But she wants to be sure
cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook
Theres a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

Theres a feeling I get
When I look to the west,
And my spirit is crying for leaving.
In my thoughts I have seen
Rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who standing looking.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it really makes me wonder.

And its whispered that soon
If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter.

If theres a bustle in your hedgerow
Dont be alarmed now,
Its just a spring clean for the may queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
Theres still time to change the road youre on.
And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it wont go
In case you dont know,
The pipers calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow,
And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How evrything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

No payment, no answer.

Avalon 11-10-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

call me what you want you are all racists. .But I have an IQ of 180, I married into money, I do not have to work, I have a very lucrative freelance Intellectual Property consultancy, and my daughter was not killed by a white trash abuser.

When you as consistently correct as I am, you lose your ability to waste time with niceties.

I do not hold grudges against you little people however.
Bravo!! Your funniest post EVER. You have a vivid imagination; too bad you've chosen to squander it. Freelance? That translates into 'cannot hold a job'.

Quote:

white trash abuser.
Ignorant and racist..you go girl.

michaelG 11-10-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon (Post 401012)
Bravo!! Your funniest post EVER. You have a vivid imagination; too bad you've chosen to squander it. Freelance? That translates into 'cannot hold a job'.

Ignorant and racist..you go girl.

I love you.

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/sounds/S7.mp3

topcat 11-10-2008 05:50 PM

marge is that you?

MoJoRiSin 11-11-2008 02:39 AM

May the blessings of God rest upon her

thank you, Klynn, for sharing this ....

Brynn 11-11-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat (Post 401036)
marge is that you?

She would realize that her Mensa membership certificate is getting all crushed and sweaty from all the waving around.