ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Ms Robbie 03-19-2005 06:36 PM

Oh, dear.

Well, I'll begin, of course, by thanking all the little people. That removes Marcus from the list of those being thanked, which is as it should be.

All right, wordlings, wrap your contorted definitions around this: misology.

madasacutsnake 03-19-2005 10:24 PM

(Congrats Robbie.)

Ms Robbie 03-21-2005 12:48 AM

No entries?

funkytuba 03-21-2005 04:33 AM

<i>misology</i> - the incorrect application of scientific methods to reinforce a false premise: "We've got to cut down this forest to save it!"

funkytuba 03-21-2005 04:35 AM

*didn't look first.. I swear!*
*wonders if maybe I should have*

Hyakujo's Fox 03-21-2005 04:42 AM

misology (n) - the theory and practice of trapping small mammals with cheese.

xfox 03-21-2005 05:41 AM

This is when the person you miss the most leaves to take a pseudonymous lover and gets away with it. This has been born out by kings and paupers over the centuries.

Ms Robbie 03-21-2005 10:14 PM

Judging tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, Pacific time.

madasacutsnake 03-21-2005 10:47 PM

misology - the process of misunderstanding an analogue, for example whenever Trish posts.

Smartypants 03-21-2005 11:47 PM

MISOLOGY - The study of politically correct terminology to indicate marital status in females.

Coffee 03-22-2005 12:15 AM

Misology:
The study, or rather the cult-science that focuses on the total process that includes the cultivation and harvesting of the base elements of Miso Soup, as well as "the" correct manner of it's preparation and presentation/serving...

...well...some folks can get pretty anal about "their" thing...like me and coffee preparation, so I can sorta relate.

Marcus Bales 03-22-2005 07:32 PM

Misology - The study of the practice of talking dirty during the act to enhance sexual performance and enjoyment, from Ernst Miso, whose best-selling book in the 17th century was suppressed by Priapus V. As they lead him to the stake, Miso is said to have muttered "But it still &%#$@*!"

Ms Robbie 03-22-2005 09:34 PM

Here come da judge.

misology, n. hatred of reason or reasoning.

madasacutsnake wins the deluxe edition of Funk & Wagnalls, complete with mayonnaise jars, for getting all too close to the actual definition.

Smartypants is awarded a lifetime membership in NOW for being politically correct as he tries to figure out which women are really available.

Coffee gets the all-you-can-eat-and-slurp lunch at the local sushi bar for taking such care with miso soup.

Marcus Bales takes the Tropic of Cancer honorary plaque with Lolita clusters for inspired dirty talking.

The judge thought all of these were wonderful, but two were especially praiseworthy. Smartypants takes the coveted second place, and Coffee is nailed with the dreaded first place for making the judge snort her soup while giggling.

madasacutsnake 03-22-2005 10:55 PM

Funky and Wagnall! And mayo jars too........

Coffee 03-22-2005 11:47 PM

damn...I never win. :eek:
I thought I was safe with a goofy soup definition. :p

Ok, ok...new word:

Ruction