ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

trisherina 06-06-2005 04:22 AM

Ooh! I'm fairly writhing on the sidewalk with glee!

Next word, Dictionary Gamers (I saw Marcus online!): laniary.

funkytuba 06-06-2005 05:36 AM

laniary The place in datacenters where they keep all the old outdated hardware and broken cat-5, scsi, and fiber cables.
We sent that crappy router that finally gave up the ghost down to the laniary.

daverbee 06-06-2005 12:35 PM

Laniary

A Hawaiian aviary.

surflugen 06-06-2005 07:11 PM

laniary The exta hole piercing for attaching a lanard to be used with a "Prince Albert".

Coffee 06-07-2005 01:49 AM

A very long retractable/extendable pet bird leash.

Polly enjoyed her new freedom to safely explore the outdoors at the end of her new delux 200 foot laniary.

xfox 06-07-2005 03:13 AM

laniary n. relating to a means to an end in the matter of man vs beast. This laniary's your lan' this laniary's my lan' this lan belongs to you an' me.

trisherina 06-07-2005 03:27 PM

Judging this evening.

dinzdale 06-07-2005 04:20 PM

laniary adj.

Descriptive of a style of walking favoured by people needing hip surgery, self-defactors and John Wayne.

"As soon as he had coughed, Major General Dinzdale realized he had better remain motionless, as his laniary gait would not go unnoticed by Her Majesty." - Charles Dikkens

trisherina 06-08-2005 05:07 AM

The results are in! All the touts put Brynn as a favourite, but she didn't play. Stupid fvckign touts! HA!

Those of you who gave long odds on surflugen, you are cashing in! I have only the filmiest understanding of what this might mean: The exta hole piercing for attaching a lanard to be used with a "Prince Albert". Since we can safely guess that it has something to do with surfing, let it simply be said that I live in utter landlock, forever worrying that someone will make a surfing reference and prove my ignorance. Measure me for a dunce cap!

Coffee paid off like a nickel machine with the following: A very long retractable/extendable pet bird leash.Polly enjoyed her new freedom to safely explore the outdoors at the end of her new delux 200 foot laniary. One does well to remember, however, that nickel machines net you on average a fin, though in so doing they give you that little frisson of "I won! I won!" that keeps us going until we're completely impoverished.

xfox places and shows in the category "cool sample of echolalia", with: laniary n. relating to a means to an end in the matter of man vs beast. This laniary's your lan' this laniary's my lan' this lan belongs to you an' me.

daverbee went bust with: A Hawaiian aviary. A clever mingling of "lanai" and "aviary," in a style last seen by Norm MacDonald as Burt Reynolds on an SNL version of Jeopardy in which the numbers three and five are combined to make the word threeve. daver, your homage to Canadian Norm is noted and much appreciated, but I can't be bought off that cheaply. (Ask around: really!)

Much as I hate to see a man whose brother is as hot as dinzdale's take home the coveted Second Place Trophy (and I mean REALLY HOT), I'm afraid this hilariously apt definition commands that silvery height:
Descriptive of a style of walking favoured by people needing hip surgery, self-defactors and John Wayne.

"As soon as he had coughed, Major General Dinzdale realized he had better remain motionless, as his laniary gait would not go unnoticed by Her Majesty." - Charles Dikkens

That leaves the guy with all the chips, funkytuba, with: The place in datacenters where they keep all the old outdated hardware and broken cat-5, scsi, and fiber cables. We sent that crappy router that finally gave up the ghost down to the laniary. Not only is the definition amusing and plausible, but I knew with absolute certainty that while its author was typing "scsi," he was subvocalizing "scuzzy," and it made me nostalgic. I guess I'll have to get used to that. Liking nostalgia.

Laniary, btw, refers to pointed conical teeth that tear and rend. Basically a four bit word for canine.

funkytuba 06-09-2005 06:15 PM

Thankyou, thankyou!

Time for another word, eh?

.....wait for it....

dinzdale 06-09-2005 06:16 PM

eh n.

Egyption Goddess of questions.

funkytuba 06-09-2005 06:21 PM

^^^^^------goober(tr: WANKER)

Here's a good one: meupareunia

show me what you got: don't keep it to yourself...

Brynn 06-09-2005 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
The results are in! All the touts put Brynn as a favourite, but she didn't play. Stupid fvckign touts! HA!

But the thought warms my heart, Trisherine.

I'm going to automatically disqualify myself again by using yet another "cat" definition, but what's a lexiconographer to do? It simply can't be helped.
meupareunia - n.
The blissful mental state induced when an over-doting human "parent" unselfconsciously sits meowing back and forth with their otherwise indifferent feline "child."

xfox 06-10-2005 02:38 AM

meupareunia out of control intellectual balance of culture and weight.
May I use a picture?

trisherina 06-10-2005 04:18 AM

meupareunia: Sexual intercourse with twin kittens whose claws are intact.