ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Hyakujo's Fox 07-19-2013 06:01 AM

lalochezia (from Italian. literally cheese-tongued)

A lingering condition brought on by excessive stinky cheese consumption.

[i]I told her I was a solid Cheddar man, but my lalochezia soon informed her the truth was otherwise[/b]

funkytuba 07-19-2013 08:47 PM

lalochezia - incorrect formatting due to opening one tag and closing a different one

Hyakujo's Fox tried to put a sentence in italics but closed it with the bold tag so it ended up looking like [i]this[/b]

funkytuba 07-31-2013 03:42 PM

lalochezia - indication to Spanish royalty that they have arrived at the domicile of Nessie

Brynn 08-05-2013 03:49 PM

Lalochezia Located in the hills of Tuscany, experts in ancient musicology credit this spot as the birthplace of "La" (the note that follows "So").

funkytuba 08-21-2013 03:28 PM

lalochezia - fit of indecisive inactivity brought about by having to purge 4/5 of your stuff because your company's moving and there's no storage space at the new offices

brightpearl 08-27-2013 11:44 AM

Aiight, judging next week or something. Fish or cut bait.

Brynn 09-03-2013 04:15 PM

I may be forced to google the real meaning of this one. For one thing, it's a decent name for a small pet - rodent, feline, reptile, bird, perhaps even a toy breed of dog.

xfox 09-05-2013 01:18 AM

Lalochzia not speaking for a month of Sunday's.

Ira's lips were locked on every topic imaginable and while he suffered his spat of lalochzia no one was the wiser, but they enjoyed his music.

brightpearl 09-06-2013 10:48 AM

I'm short on time, so this is going to be brief.
Funkytuba wins, can't resist a bilingual pun.
Honorable mention to Hfoxy for mentioning cheese. I love cheese.

Etymology for Brynn:
From Greek lalia (speech) + chezo (to relieve oneself) -- The use of vulgar or foul language to relieve stress or pain.

An example would be yelling "Goddammit" when you stub your toe after getting your legs tangled up in something, so Brynn is correct that it would make an excellent cat name.

funkytuba 09-06-2013 03:26 PM

*gasp*

The new word is:

ulvose

Brynn 09-07-2013 04:53 PM

I ulvose posted a definition, but need to think on it a little longer...

funkytuba 09-23-2013 03:51 PM

[maybe I should have picked a different word?]

Brynn 09-25-2013 02:18 PM

ulvose - adj. - that which entirely eshews the tip of the tongue, the teeth, the lips for verbal communication, concentrating instead only on the back of the throat, the uvula, and soft palate. Uvu, a complicated series of grunts, clicks and moans, was the surprisingly subtle language that gave rise in the late-nineteenth century amongst experimental linguists. It was even an early competitor of Esperanto, but eventually lost out for non-linguistic reasons - not only did it leave the back of the thoat really sore, but it was especially unpleasant to talk to garlic eaters in this mode.

Blanche nodded across the lawn at a tall man at the punch bowl under the umbrella. "That's Alex, drinking too much again. Last time he really overdid it, to the point of being postively ulvose. Someone even tried to give him the Heimlich manuever until I realized that he was just hitting on my sister Calliope. And that, unfortunately, was the last time anyone propositioned her after the tonguectomy, poor thing. "

Hyakujo's Fox 10-01-2013 06:24 AM

ulvose (a) excessively vocally silent

Brynn 10-21-2013 09:29 PM

hi :-)