ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Coffee 11-30-2005 05:20 PM

floccinaucinihilipilification

A dental cleaning proceedure to remove large scale plaque resulting from very infrequent dental treatment.

12"razormix 12-01-2005 12:02 PM

the real definition: floccinaucinihilipilification, n.
an act or instance of judging something to be worthless or trivial

although we do like it brief and to the point, the judges missed further elaboration on this exciting…. yes yes i know i'm contradicting myself SHUT UP! Award for lord dinzdale.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dinzdale
Extreme Wanking.

daverbee receives the Random Oratory Plaque.
Quote:

Originally Posted by daverbee
Song title rejected for inclusion in the film Mary Poppins in favor of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Mostly because the producers thought a song that described the act of weeding an overgrown garden wouldn't have quite as much appeal to a child audience.

coffee is awarded the dang it! Award since his definition quite pleased the judges but misspelled entries can longer be accepted. i realize that i will get my arse kicked and have let down my pants in preparatory anticipation but i have no patience for this today.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee
A dental cleaning proceedure to remove large scale plaque resulting from very infrequent dental treatment.

trish receives the Caustic Reality Award.
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
The distorted belief that insights are more rather than less significant under the magnifier of intoxicants.

if it wasn't for snake's ability to simultaneously insult and suck up to the judges and the fox's undisputable win, mr. bales would have surely taken it home again! i bestow the Leonard Bloomfield Book Award upon you, sir.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
floccinaucinihilipilification - a term of classical rhetoric which translates roughly as "beating a dead horse"
Although initially drawn to the topic, it was Zeno's floccinaucinihilipilification that gradually ceased to engage Michael's interest.

the judges firmly believe that ass-kissing of this magnitude must be rewarded! madasacutsnake is therefore awarded the Swarovski Cup for brilliance and insight. well done, first runner up!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by madasacutsnake
floccinaucinihilipilification to understate or express something in a precise or succint manner eg Razor's choice for the Dictionary Game was "floccinaucinihilipilification", floccinaucinihilipilification at it's finest.

the fox wins and that's the end of it!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox
The act of cooking one's hallucinations of white rabbits induced by exposure to Himalayan altitudes.

thanks for playing,

your turn, h-fox!

Brynn 12-02-2005 06:55 PM

^^^ :D

Hyakujo's Fox 12-02-2005 10:36 PM

oh, what new honour has befallen me now?

ms mix, please accept my grumbling thanks.

this round the word shall be...

bubulcitate

trisherina 12-03-2005 02:40 AM

bubulcitate: The (pharmaceutically) generic name for a diuretic that reduces the appearance of abdominal fat.

daverbee 12-03-2005 05:20 PM

bubulcitate

A synthetic fabric designed to make the wearer appear to "got back."

Coffee 12-04-2005 06:35 AM

bubulcitate n. .ing v.

1. Swamp gasses released by decaying bio-matter under water. 2. Farting in the bathtub. 3. Any release of gasses under water.

Marcus Bales 12-04-2005 07:53 AM

bubulcitate - To sing sad songs, from the Turkish story of Bubul, the charming but incompetent cowherd who composed songs of emotional pain about each cow in his charge that wandered off and was lost while he was in the throes of writing a song.

Michael and his houri du jour decided to leave before finishing their drinks after Zeno began to play the guitar and bubulcitate.

12"razormix 12-04-2005 09:30 AM

bubulcitate, v.

to chew food without the use of dentures

Ma, much like a cat that will lick its hind leg after falling off a window sill in a desperate attempt to compensate, always reverted to the use of sophisticated language when her father, late Grandpa Joe, caused her embarrassment in public. Grandpa, on the other hand, quite enjoyed the attention and had us kids on his side. --- "Why Grandpa, I have asked you a thousand times not to bubulcitate your steak. People are staring......"

Zatoichi 12-05-2005 11:15 PM

bubulcitate -v

To brood angrily over something insubstantial, to plot revenge over perceived slights. Zeno bubulcitated for days after Michael corrected his pronunciation, but noone marked his absence from the quad.

dinzdale 12-06-2005 04:39 PM

bubulcitate vb.

The delightful movement of a large pair of women's breasts when she laughs.
This jigglefest may be scientifically simulated by slapping a large jello with a tablespoon. The simple harmonic motion may be written as an equation:

The position x as a function of time t is:

x(t) = A.cos ((2.pi.t) / T)

where A is the amplitude of motion : the distance from the centre of motion to either extreme
T is the period of motion: the time for one complete cycle of the motion.

Although thoeretically correct, many scientists found this not nearly as satisfying as slapping a large pair of women's breasts with a tablespoon.

dddrum 12-08-2005 01:49 PM

bubulcitate n. - treatment for a painful stomach condition resulting from excess consumption of Moonpies and RC Cola. See also: trash-ed refluckadux.

Hyakujo's Fox 12-09-2005 11:58 PM

The time of judgement has drawn upon us.

The No Brand Substitution Allowed Award goes to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina
bubulcitate: The (pharmaceutically) generic name for a diuretic that reduces the appearance of abdominal fat.

The Poor Man's Spa Award goes to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee
bubulcitate n. .ing v.

1. Swamp gasses released by decaying bio-matter under water. 2. Farting in the bathtub. 3. Any release of gasses under water.

The Extra Thick Slice of Life Award goes to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12"razormix
bubulcitate, v.

to chew food without the use of dentures

Ma, much like a cat that will lick its hind leg after falling off a window sill in a desperate attempt to compensate, always reverted to the use of sophisticated language when her father, late Grandpa Joe, caused her embarrassment in public. Grandpa, on the other hand, quite enjoyed the attention and had us kids on his side. --- "Why Grandpa, I have asked you a thousand times not to bubulcitate your steak. People are staring......"

The Unman, Wittering and Zigo (absent) Award goes to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatoichi
bubulcitate -v

To brood angrily over something insubstantial, to plot revenge over perceived slights. Zeno bubulcitated for days after Michael corrected his pronunciation, but noone marked his absence from the quad.

The You've Obviously Put A Lot Of Thought Into It Award goes to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by dinzdale
bubulcitate vb.

The delightful movement of a large pair of women's breasts when she laughs.
This jigglefest may be scientifically simulated by slapping a large jello with a tablespoon. The simple harmonic motion may be written as an equation:

The position x as a function of time t is:

x(t) = A.cos ((2.pi.t) / T)

where A is the amplitude of motion : the distance from the centre of motion to either extreme
T is the period of motion: the time for one complete cycle of the motion.

Although thoeretically correct, many scientists found this not nearly as satisfying as slapping a large pair of women's breasts with a tablespoon.

The I Had To Go To Look It Up On Wikipedia To Find Out They Are Wagonwheels (*shrug*) Award goes to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dddrum
bubulcitate n. - treatment for a painful stomach condition resulting from excess consumption of Moonpies and RC Cola. See also: trash-ed refluckadux.

The widely adored Second Place and Award for Outstandingness in the Field of Pastoralism goes to...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
bubulcitate - To sing sad songs, from the Turkish story of Bubul, the charming but incompetent cowherd who composed songs of emotional pain about each cow in his charge that wandered off and was lost while he was in the throes of writing a song.

Michael and his houri du jour decided to leave before finishing their drinks after Zeno began to play the guitar and bubulcitate.

The semi-esteemed First Prize and There's Gotta Be A Market For That Award goes to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverbee
bubulcitate

A synthetic fabric designed to make the wearer appear to "got back."

daverbee 12-10-2005 04:08 PM

I feel so honored! I'd like to thank all the people who helped me win this award, but there aren't any, so:

galactosemia

Marcus Bales 12-10-2005 05:18 PM

galactosemia - the notion that even when one is alone there is a representative of a universal meritocracy observing in order to reward the good.

When he told Zeno that he sang in the shower as if there might be a talent scout listening, Michael revealed his galactosemia.