ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   Et Cetera (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   euro 2008 (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=15182)

Stephi_B 06-10-2008 06:30 AM

Btw I noticed yesterday that my new and currently favourite handbag is orange :)
An omen ;)

Frieda, today 18h sharp Russia needs support to crush Spain!! :D

Frieda 06-10-2008 07:20 AM

i'll be there supporting Czar Guus & his team.. the dutch are everywhere! :D

too bad Don Leo lost with poland to you guys ;)

Stephi_B 06-10-2008 07:58 AM

^I know! :D
(But with respect to the NL population in my hood you guys gotta watch out, there's a Spanish immigration wave going on since last year ;) also French and British wanna compete with the Dutch -- as they cannot on the green lawn elsewhere ;))

G would have never won without Podolski and he's Polish, have you seen how he jumped into the Polish ranks after the game was out (saw that yesterday in a summary, had to update what I missed on Sun) and hugged all his family and friends there - so cute!! :)

Frieda 06-10-2008 01:30 PM

oi steph-- 1-0 for spain! :eek:

Stephi_B 06-10-2008 04:07 PM

Oi, 4:1... do svidanya Russki babes :(

Frieda 06-11-2008 07:15 PM

did anyone see tonight's match switzerland - turkey?? aw man, incredible, a monsoon, lots of headwounds, pretty interesting and exciting till the end!

Stephi_B 06-12-2008 01:11 PM

^Just parts of it, on the go so to say.
The kiosk owner told me some more this morning. (Türkiye, Türkiye, yay!)

What's the bet for the on-going game Croatia vs. Germany?

I say 2:1, I'm unpatriotic today ;)

I should go to see the 2nd half ------->

Frieda 06-12-2008 01:21 PM

i say 1-2, i think you'll make it :)

here's some pics from yesterday's monsoon, i think it's amazing they were able to play at all (mind you, this is in the early evening, way before sunset):

Frieda 06-12-2008 01:23 PM

oi steph..... 1-0 :eek:

Stephi_B 06-13-2008 07:35 AM

Darn, I really should have bet all my money on that 2:1 :D

I'll be there & all for ORANJE 20:45 CET! :)
Don't see no result yet, but c'mon, France, they should be easy after the Italy thing!

Stephi_B 06-13-2008 06:12 PM

What a game!!!! :) :) :) :)

Frieds, you're already in a happiness delirium, I figure? :D

(Btw, the whole bar where we watched it was pro-Oranje... well, with the exception of my friend ;))

Frieda 06-13-2008 07:57 PM

OH

MY

GOD

:) :) :)

Stephi_B 06-14-2008 10:07 AM

They call it "revolution in orange" here :D

Stephi_B 06-16-2008 06:29 AM

Hope you come back soon Frieda.... (:()

....so we can discuss that thriller of a game (Turkey vs. Czech R.) yesterday :eek: :D :)
I think that been one of the most exciting footie games I ever saw!
Contrary to the Greece--Russia thing on Sat, I was happy my Russia won, but the football was quite low quality on both sides, only in the end there was some good action (from the Russian babes more :))

Stephi_B 06-16-2008 10:09 AM

'TÜRKIYE, TÜRKIYE!'
Turkey Fans Fill the Streets of Germany

The party was unprecedented. Following Turkey's improbable Euro 2008 comeback win over the Czech Republic on Sunday night, Germany's Turkish community took their celebration onto the streets.

The centers of Germany's big cities were transformed into seas of Turkish flags on Sunday night as tens of thousands of football fans took to the streets to celebrate Turkey's improbable 3-2 comeback victory against the Czech Republic. In Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and other cities, Turkey fans paraded through streets in car conveys, honking their horns and shouting "Türkiye, Türkiye" after the final whistle of the EURO 2008 game on Sunday.

On Berlin's famous Kurfürstendamm avenue, traffic came to a standstill as 25,000 fans celebrated their team's win. "I've never seen anything like this in my life," a jubilant Turkey fan told the German news agency DPA. In Kreuzberg and Neukölln, two other parts of the city with large Turkish populations, ecstatic fans danced on the streets and set off firecrackers. A police spokeswoman in the Kreuzberg district said: "There's a total party atmosphere."

The mood was very different earlier in the evening. Many Turkish fans had already resigned themselves to their team's going out in the group stage. At a public screening in Hamburg many of the nearly 5,000 Turkish fans had gone home early while their team was losing 2-0.

But an amazing comeback by Turkey -- three goals in the last 15 minutes -- secured victory and a place in the quarterfinals. "It's like a miracle," said 20-year-old Okan Türk, while celebrating the victory with friends in Hamburg.

maw/dpa

Some piccies here and here and here :)