ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   daily wisdom (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=5243)

12"razormix 06-28-2004 01:11 AM

daily wisdom

if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it :)

there is so much wisdom on this board! continue ...

lapietra 06-28-2004 01:12 AM

:p

Bouncing Hearts

sparticle 06-28-2004 01:24 AM

Re: daily wisdom

Quote:

Originally posted by 12"razormix
if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it :)

there is so much wisdom on this board! continue ...

There's a lot of thinly veiled hostility and caustic sarcasm too. I guess you just have to know where to look.

masterofNone 06-28-2004 01:36 AM

who the feck are all these shadow puppets with bad attitudes?

sparticle 06-28-2004 01:47 AM

I don't know about everyone else, nor do I presume to speak for anyone else, but I'm getting a little tired of the ho-hum, "aren't we clever", effete, minimalist school of sarcastic, caustic, non-constructive humor that seems to spring forth around here on occasion. Maybe it's just me. People who can't be bothered with punctuation, capitalization or proper names don't bother me (and even if they did, so what?), but people who can't be bothered with consideration for others, basic kindness or empathy are tiresome, dull and at least as boring as the people they like to mock.

Since there has been an internet, there have been trolls, in message boards, newsgroups and chatrooms. I don't understand trolls. They seem to be happiest when they are making other people unhappy, causing contention and anger. Some of them seem fairly intelligent, and yet that intelligence never seems to be applied in a constructive fashion, at least not in terms of how they relate to their fellows.

General characteristics of a troll: they smirk, they insult, they are snide, smug and snotty and never so happy as when they are pissing in somebody else's punch bowl. But they never seem to contribute anything more original than a smarmy, hostile remark calculated to upset people.

I wonder who they are when they are not online. Are they unpopular and unlikeable people who keep to themselves because they have no social skills? Or are they the kinds of people who would be ashamed for their real-life aquaintances to know how boorish their online behavior is? Are they such losers in real life that the only way they can unload their anger is to insult a bunch of virtual strangers?

Well, we'll never know, and probably shouldn't care. Best medicine for a troll is to ignore them. Like most parasites, if the host cuts off their food supply, they fall away pretty quickly, being incapable of generating their own sustenance.

Note to self: Do Not Feed The Trolls. They can't hurt you unless you give them permission.

trisherina 06-28-2004 01:52 AM

(checks calendar)

Deviate 06-28-2004 01:53 AM

um, wow. < looking around for reference >

sparticle 06-28-2004 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by trisherina
(checks calendar)

Close enough....

trisherina 06-28-2004 02:13 AM

Naw, I was thinking more along the lines of I'm getting that reading-the-zeboard-last-summer feeling. The similarities are in my head and my home as much as here.

nycwriters 06-28-2004 02:16 AM

Yeah I always seem to wind up in the middle of a shit storm when I'm at a low point. Serves me right I suppose for sharing something personal.

masterofNone 06-28-2004 02:20 AM

it's something about june. maybe the summer solstice brings it out.

Audreyvgs 06-28-2004 02:23 AM

How can you get lower than zero? OOOO! That's how!

madasacutsnake 06-28-2004 02:33 AM

*passes Sparty the Bex and suggests a good lie down*

sparticle 06-28-2004 02:42 AM

BEX? Broadband Exchange? :)

madasacutsnake 06-28-2004 02:50 AM

JOJOJOJ will go search for pic of Bex