ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   Et Cetera (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Reality Casual Thread (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=11797)

brightpearl 07-27-2007 01:51 PM

Reality Casual Thread

Words, text, and links...anything goes when it's reality casual.
eta: I think I should specify how I envision this as different from Auntie's what thread! I am in strong favor of a WTF-type thread, btw, and I look forward to posting there. I hope this one will be slightly different in that it isn't so much things you see in the real world that are weird/freaky/wtf-ey -- but more things you don't see in reality, or people appear to be existing in a reality different than yours, etc. Hope that helps. Carry on!

brightpearl 07-27-2007 01:51 PM

brightpearl 07-27-2007 01:52 PM

brightpearl 07-27-2007 01:57 PM

Lime (a playlet)

In kitchen-time. With an of-course tempo.

: Love me some Holly-sap to snare chickadee-dee-dee.

: No more and no more dinner. See my house is flailing around me? No
more winged supper

: With hair, cement: use mine to bind this house. Now let me capture
it. Sugar me up.

: With that sap to remove all-skin? I'd rather.

:

: Good dry rivers have the clay-foot stomping we need we need for house.

: Me the mother lain too long in this spot and white them in every
doorjamb. Feed on my peel, slip slip.

:

: I am hungry in the daylight. Trap them, and feed me.

: A phosphor-glare. Where I am famous. Bird-stain famous.

Anne Heide

craig johnston 07-27-2007 02:01 PM

White ants runnin'
Black ants crawlin'
Yella ants dreamin'
Brown ants longin'
All those people longin' to be free
Uhuru ant man bee uhuru ant man bee
All the ants in God's garden they can't get along
War still runnin' on
It's that one lump uh sugar
That they won't leave each other 'lone
Why do yuh have t' do this
You've got t' let us free
You've got t' set us free
You've got t'set us free
You've got t' set us free
Uhuru ant man bee uhuru ant man bee
Now the bee takes his honey Then he sets the flower free
But in God's garden only
Man 'n the ants
They won't set each other be

Ant Man Bee - Captain Beefheart

zero 07-27-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 355535)
Words, text, and links...anything goes when it's reality casual.
eta: I think I should specify how I envision this as different from Auntie's what thread! I am in strong favor of a WTF-type thread, btw, and I look forward to posting there. I hope this one will be slightly different in that it isn't so much things you see in the real world that are weird/freaky/wtf-ey -- but more things you don't see in reality, or people appear to be existing in a reality different than yours, etc. Hope that helps. Carry on!

^wtf bread

brightpearl 07-27-2007 05:40 PM

^Well, I suppose it's inevitable that there'll be overlap...

auntie aubrey 07-27-2007 06:22 PM

this thread seems more surreal, whereas "what" things are totally real.

"chocolate rain", for example, is totally real. and is still, at this moment, blowing my mind.

brightpearl 07-28-2007 04:15 PM

^Yep, thanks Auntie! And "Chocolate Rain" does indeed deliver in the mindblowing department.

Both reality casual and irretrievably awful:

brightpearl 07-28-2007 04:16 PM

This is nice. Buster Keaton meets Magritte.

Anna 07-28-2007 04:44 PM

auntie aubrey 07-28-2007 06:46 PM

brightpearl 07-29-2007 07:46 AM

brightpearl 07-29-2007 09:33 AM

Photography by Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison

I lurve this one, called The Sower:

Lots more if you google "ParkeHarrisson".

brightpearl 07-31-2007 06:33 PM

"At any rate, remove the kitten and the saucer, please," said Kuzmin as he accompanied Xenia Nikitishna to he door.

As he hung up his coverall the doctor hear laughter from the courtyard. He looked around and hurreid over to the window. A woman, wearing nothing but a shirt, was running across the courtyard to the house opposite. The doctor knew her -- she was called Marya Alexandrovna. A boy was laughing at her.

"Really, what behavior," said Kuzmin, contemptuously.

Just then the sound of a phonograph playing a fox trot came from his daughter's room, and at the same moment the doctor heard the chirp of a sparrow behind his back...As he looked at it closely, the professor at once realized that it was no ordinary sparrow. The revolting bird was resting its weight on its left leg, making faces and waving its other leg in syncopation -- in short, it was dancing a fox trot in time to the phonograph, cavorting like a drunk around a lamp post and staring insolently at the doctor.

Kuzmin's hand was on the telephone, and he was just about to ring up his old college friend Burye and ask him what it meant to start seeing sparrows at sixty, especially if they made your head spin.

Meanwhile the sparrow had perched on his presentation inkstand, fouled it, then flew up, hung in the air, and dived with shattering force at a photograph shwing the whole class of '94 on graduation day, smashing the glass to smithereens. The bird then wheeled smartly and flew out of the window.

The doctor changed his mind and instead of ringing up Burye dialed the number of the Leech Bureau and asked them to send a leech to his house at once. Replacing the receiver, the doctor turned back to his desk and let out a wail. On the far side of the desk sat a woman in a nurse's uniform with a bag marked "Leeches." The sight of her mouth made the doctor groan again -- it was a wide, crooked man's mouth with a fang sticking out of it. The nurse's eyes seemed completely dead.

"I'll take the money," said the nurse, "it's no good to you now." She grasped the labels with a birdlike claw and began to melt into the air.
Now everyone prepared to depart. The water sprites ended their dance and vanished. The goat-man politely asked how she had arrived at the river, and on hearing that she had ridden there on a broom he cried, "Oh, how uncomfortable!" In a moment he had twisted two branches into the shape of a telephone and ordered someone to send a car at once, which was done in a trice.

A brown open-topped car flew down to the island. Instead of a driver, the chauffeur's seat was occupied by a black, long-beaked crow in a check cap and gauntlets. The island emptied as the witches flew away in the moonlight, the fire burned out, and the glowing embers turned to gray ash.

The goat-man opened the door for Margarita, who sprawled on the car's wide back seat. The car gave a roar, took off, and climbed almost to the moon. The island fell away, the river disappeared, and Margarita was on her way to Moscow.

The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov (trans. Michael Glenny)