ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

Abby Normal 06-02-2004 06:01 PM

I was looking at my cat today, and she has a little triangular bald patch on her belly where the vet did some tests once. My mom said to me "Lottie's had a bikini wax."

dinzdale 06-02-2004 06:21 PM

But did she mention the cat? :confused:

ch_burchill 06-05-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Smartypants
LOL! It reminds me of that production of Richard III in the movie "The Goodbye Girl" where Richard Dreyfus plays Richard as a lisping, mincing hunchback in draggy make-up and platform shoes!

Audreyvgs 06-07-2004 02:45 AM

tell me Bink's not into cars. Tonight he was eating ice cream, and he said it "froze the hood of his mouth."

sparticle 06-07-2004 03:16 AM

Mr. Sparticle asked me if I would dish up a serving of strawberry shortcake for him, and I prepared him a massive portion that would have better fit in a bathtub than a dessert dish. He couldn't believe his eyes -- acted like a little kid who was getting away with something, eating it before somebody could put a stop to it. It was funny to watch.

nycwriters 06-09-2004 08:09 PM

This made me chuckle, my dad emailed it to me today:

Every time I'd move home and then go to move out again my mom wouldn't let me leave with my cat, she grew so attached to them. I lost two cats that way. *sniff*

So from the left, Boo (the gray tuxedo kitty, circa 1996, moved back to go to college again), Cayleh (my baby, I miss her, my travellin' pooch, she's lived everywhere I've lived, except NYC :( ), Minou (aka Little Miss Bitchy per my mom, circa 1992, moved back after breaking up with fiancee) and then Bogie (circa 1987, bought the wee little boy for my mom as a birthday present).

My dad started sweating when I got two cats here in NYC. He adamantly put his foot down about no more animals in the house -- or the neighbors would begin to freak out. But based on how my mom went nuts over them when they were here to visit, I don't think dad will win out if it ever came to that. Hehe.

Aw man, this photo made my day. Probably means more to me than any of you, but their expressions are funny enough I suppose. :)

sparticle 06-09-2004 08:50 PM

Awwwwwwwwr, bless 'em. That's so nice, and good of your dad to send it along. Thanks for sharing! :)

nycwriters 06-10-2004 09:31 PM

A guy quoted in a story I read tonight -- his last name is Poisson-Tete.

Hehehehehe.....

Klynne 06-11-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nycwriters
A guy quoted in a story I read tonight -- his last name is Poisson-Tete.

Hehehehehe.....

Fish head, Ha!

daverbee 06-11-2004 10:21 AM

This blog always makes me laugh:

I am eating my husband's soul

nycwriters 06-11-2004 03:49 PM

My cat keeps licking my toes! :o

JsnB 06-12-2004 09:04 PM

I'm walking down the street and this guy hands me a booklet with the title:

Children of Satan II -- The Beast Men

Its an anti Bush - anti Iraq thing that is intended to associate LaRouche (running for some european union thing) as being against these evil things. Bush and those working closely with him are compared to historical figures associated with horrific war crimes. One title, for example, says "Cheney, Hitler & The Grand Inquisitor".

i wish I had a scanner to show pics.

Ah well....

ally 06-13-2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JsnB
(running for some european union thing)

JsnB 06-13-2004 12:52 PM

hmm... I take it that the quote above shows my complete and utter ignorance of european politics?

masterofNone 06-13-2004 01:42 PM

atually larouche is running for president right here in the states. he's on the libertarian ticket i think. nutty as a fruitcake, but not completely stupid.

Audreyvgs 06-13-2004 04:58 PM

Isn't he that KKK guy? *also utter ignorance*

masterofNone 06-13-2004 07:13 PM

nah, larouche is just a rich whacko... not a racist whacko

ally 06-14-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JsnB
hmm... I take it that the quote above shows my complete and utter ignorance of european politics?
it just made me smile, because yesterday was the euopean elections, is a prety big thing really, it's just a typical americal view on things, in europe we hear about most of the major foriegn elections, in the usa, india etc... i'm trying to place my words here, don't want to vex anyone!!

Smartypants 06-14-2004 12:29 PM

Some friends of mine have two sons, one five years and the other 10. The young one is in a stage where he wants the world to revolve around him, and his mother overheard him bossing around some of his little friends.

She tried to get him to play nice with the other kids, and she told him "You know, you are not the boss of the world."

Still obstinate, he responded, "But I'm the boss of San Francisco!"

His brother, who was standing close by, said, "Well then, you've got one hell of a homeless problem!"

Clytie 06-14-2004 10:34 PM

sparticle 06-14-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Smartypants
Some friends of mine have two sons, one five years and the other 10. The young one is in a stage where he wants the world to revolve around him, and his mother overheard him bossing around some of his little friends.

She tried to get him to play nice with the other kids, and she told him "You know, you are not the boss of the world."

Still obstinate, he responded, "But I'm the boss of San Francisco!"

His brother, who was standing close by, said, "Well then, you've go one hell of a homeless problem!"

OMG! THAT is one of the funniest things I have EVER heard! LOL!

Avalon 06-14-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clytie

Ohhh, that's not funny :( Is this the case where they were all rescued??

Klynne 06-14-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clytie

Awwww. I hope someone saved the little buggers. Does say something about Darwin's theory though.

sparticle 06-14-2004 10:42 PM

Today my daughter and I went to a baseball game, and a foul ball flew into the seats and landed *!PLOP!* in some guy's 32-oz. beer. It splashed so hard that people got spattered for three rows in every direction. 'Twere hilarious. Even the guy with the bombed-out beer was laughing. He wiped the ball on his shirt and gave it to a little kid, and everybody started clapping.

Coffee 06-14-2004 10:42 PM

3 photos of DUCKS

Makes we wonder about the person that took the photos...wtf???
Like how hard would it have been to prevent that from happening?

Ok...next thought...is it a spoof photo?

Smartypants 06-14-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Coffee
3 photos of DUCKS
Ok...next thought...is it a spoof photo?

That's my guess. Look how the photo's cropped. Chances are the other little one's are still waiting on the other side.

Damn funny, though!

Avalon 06-14-2004 11:03 PM

according to google and reuters:

Ducklings in Trouble, Mother Calls Police
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters)
When a family of ducklings fell down a Vancouver sewer grate their mother did what any parent would do. She got help from a passing police officer. Vancouver police officer Ray Peterson admitted he was not sure what to make of the duck that grabbed him by the pant leg while he was on foot patrol on Wednesday evening in a neighborhood near the city's downtown. "I though it was a bit goofy, so I shoved it away," Peterson told the Vancouver Sun newspaper. The mother duck persisted, grabbing Peterson's leg again when he tried to leave, and then waddling to a nearby sewer grate where she sat down and waited for him to follow and investigate. "I went up to where the duck was lying and saw eight little babies in the water below," he said. Police said they removed the heavy metal grate with the help of a tow truck and used a vegetable strainer to lift the ducklings to safety. Mother and offspring then departed for a nearby pond.

Smartypants 06-14-2004 11:09 PM

*stifling guffaw*

*can't....................hold.................... ........it.......*

ROFL!!!

nycwriters 06-14-2004 11:13 PM

click

masterofNone 06-15-2004 01:00 AM

so, my son just called. he said "want to hear a funny story?" i said, "sure." "we were going to mom's wedding and devin wanted to get the wrinkles out of a blouse so she throws it into the dryer which has some dry clothes in it still warm. we sit down and watch some tv. after a while the dryer starts to thump thump thump. i say ' devin, did you throw some shoes in the dryer?' she says 'no.' i think it must be that it's gotten out of balance and i go to check. i open it up and my cat falls out."
i started to laugh, "that's not a funny story. that's not funny. that's not a funny story." but of course at this point i'm in tears. "is the cat...?"
"the cat's fine, though she didn't look fine for a while after we got her out. she's been real affectionate for the past day now."

that's not funny. that's not a funny story.

nycwriters 06-15-2004 01:09 AM

Oh ... my .... God.

Dude, that's one of those "oh I shouldn't laugh at this" ... but man, I can just picture kitty being all affectionate ... and while I LOVE animals, oh man ....

funkytuba 06-15-2004 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now, apparently the story is real. The pic, however, looks a little fishy.

I've goofed with photoshop a bit, and that under her foot looks an awful lot like smudge tool.

nycwriters 06-15-2004 01:35 AM

Or it could be low shutter speed on the camera ...

Clytie 06-15-2004 01:43 AM

DUN DUN DUN! the plot thickens!

Audreyvgs 06-15-2004 02:27 AM

The plot thickens worse....

nycwriters 06-15-2004 02:28 AM

Hahahahhahahahaha ... oh man, that's GREAT!!!!!!

Audreyvgs 06-15-2004 02:36 AM

I can't stand stories about duckies without a happy ending....

and besides, i'm procrastinating.

but you knew that.

Smartypants 06-15-2004 05:37 AM

I just love the idea that photographer made the duck go to find a cop!

I was picturing the scenario:

"Oh you poor duck!" says the photographer. "I suggest you go find a policeman. The police can probably get someone to lift the grate."

"Thanks, Mr. Photographer!" replies the duck, tears of gratitude welling in her eyes. "That's such a good idea! But would you mind watching my babies until I return. Plus, I wouldn't mind you sticking around, because nobody's gonna believe this, so I'd like you to stay and corroborate my story when the reporters arrive."

Avalon 06-15-2004 10:07 AM

You've missed your calling SP; you should be writing kids books:p

weissenflatz 06-15-2004 10:37 AM

Here's a first title: The Duck and the Holy Grate