ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

dinzdale 05-18-2005 04:29 PM

liripoop n.

The collected works of the Marquis de Sade written during his incarceration, using his own excrement.
Also anything else written completely in faeces e.g the postings of Craig Johnson.

Smartypants 05-18-2005 05:13 PM

liripoop n. A term used to describe the growing trend, begun in the late 20th century, to include scatalogical or otherwise obscene references in popular song lyrics. (British spelling; American alt.: lyripoop)

NimbleMarmoset 05-18-2005 05:33 PM

liripoop : \Lir"i*poop\ (l[i^]r"[i^]*p[=oo]p), n. [OF. liripipion,
liripion, LL. liripipium. Said to be corrupted from L. cleri
ephippium, lit., the clergy's caparison.]
1. A pendent part of the old clerical tippet; afterwards, a
tippet; a scarf; -- worn also by doctors, learned men,
etc. [Obs.]
[1913 Webster]

By the Middle Ages the liripoop was the mark of the university student or graduate -- the long gown with its long, colourful hood hanging down the back. In time, it often referred, specifically, to the tassel on the "mortarboard", or flat-topped cap of many university people. By the days of English King Edward III (1327-1377) the status of learning had spread, like academic jargon today. The liripoop also meant a fancy scarf, worn by men anxious to impress others with their knowledge and money. But because of its connection with learning, it also came to mean something that had to be learned, or represent something already learned. Thus a liripoop might mean lines from a play, or the multiplication table, or a degree.
If you really knew your liripoop, you might be entitled to wear one.
Beware: this word is still growing.

Smartypants 05-18-2005 07:20 PM

liripoop n. A hard sucking candy on a stick, eaten by children with speech impediments.

gigi 05-18-2005 07:38 PM

liripoop n. (fr.) Excrement resulting from carelessly hasty flatulence.

From the French: "le rip... poop!" :eek:

NimbleMarmoset 05-18-2005 08:06 PM

liripoop : n. - a method of writing down bodily movements.

xfox 05-19-2005 02:29 AM

liripoop - etym unknown. the leering into the toilet to see what you've produced before calling the chambermaid.

funkytuba 05-23-2005 04:59 AM

Trish's "liripoop: The industry name for the memory chip in musical toilet paper spindles." gets the "Build A Better Mousetrap And The World Will Beat A Path To Your Bathroom Door" award.

Dnz's "liripoop n. The collected works of the Marquis de Sade written during his incarceration, using his own excrement. Also anything else written completely in faeces e.g the postings of Craig Johnson." gets the "Better Be Palimpsest If It's Going To Be Recycled" award.

Smarty's "liripoop n. A term used to describe the growing trend, begun in the late 20th century, to include scatalogical or otherwise obscene references in popular song lyrics. (British spelling; American alt.: lyripoop)" receives the "Here Comes The .. " award.

Smarty's "liripoop n. A hard sucking candy on a stick, eaten by children with speech impediments." wins the "I Embedded The Name Of My Award In My Entry" award.

Gigi's "liripoop n. (fr.) Excrement resulting from carelessly hasty flatulence. From the French: 'le rip... poop!'" receives the "Bodacious Skid Mark".

NmblMarm's "liripoop : n. - a method of writing down bodily movements." receives the "Shitty Journalist" award.

XFox's "liripoop - etym unknown. the leering into the toilet to see what you've produced before calling the chambermaid." gets the "Basic Instinct Shoutout" award

Coveted 2nd Place to Trish for not quite going there.

First place and the "You Have To Pick A New Word Now" award goes to NimbleMarmoset for saving me from having to post the definition myself.

take it away!

trisherina 05-23-2005 04:30 PM

A word, dammit, a word! Or I'll cry and knock off your tiara.

NimbleMarmoset 05-23-2005 04:56 PM

thanks. . . i think.

the word: hikikomori

dinzdale 05-23-2005 05:59 PM

hikikomori

A lurid bruise on the neck that everyone thinks you got having rampant hot sex with a nympho, but in fact got by hitting the cupboard when reaching for the cat food, despite all your feeble attempts to tell the truth.

craig johnston 05-23-2005 07:39 PM

hikikomori

is that moment of acute embarrassment while dining at the home of a japanese business colleague when, while eating sushi, you are overtaken by an attack of the hiccups and thereby regurgitate some smoked eel onto his wife's bosom just as you were about to compliment her on her california rolls.
it has often been the cause of the last minute cancellation of an important contract.
(see also: madam butterfly, pearl harbor)

Coffee 05-24-2005 12:41 AM

hikikomori-

A rarely used Kung Fu move (atlhough it is also known by other terms in other Martial disciplines) employed as a last desperate attempt to fend of a much larger opponent, or by females against aggressive males. Typically used against male opponents, although somewhat effective against female opponents as well, it is sometimes also refered to as "Swift Foot Seeking the Soft Spot" or "High Kick to the Sacred Jewels".
The hikikomori move is considered somewhat "unmanly" and thus is most often suggested for use by females against agressive males. This author recomends it be used against any male demonstrating less than "common sense" esp. if the move can be justifiably performed before the intended target breeds.

Smartypants 05-24-2005 12:48 AM

hikikomori - The act of a man kicking another person to death.

Hyakujo's Fox 05-24-2005 12:54 AM

hikikimori - love for a can-can dancer