ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This Is The Thread Where We Have An Announcement To Make... (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=12624)

Stephi_B 06-07-2008 12:05 PM

I'll support Portugal and Russia in the European Football Championship. Aye! :)
(thing is starting this evening, I should really get into gear to get my household scores done!! And organise maybe some deco for the balcony)

Yes, OK, the German team will get some wee support too,
(where's my wee flag from the World Cup??) BUT only if they don't stand in the way of my Russian and Portuguese babes! ;)

Frieda 06-07-2008 08:31 PM

* cough *

:mad:

Stephi_B 06-09-2008 12:04 PM

Wait, wait, I'm a flag legasthenic, the colours were OK, but in the wrong order....

Anyways I missed all games till now, on Sa there was this cool reggae/ska band playing live just two blocks from me and there were two Brazilian chicas making such excellent caipis and all the punks were dancing and their dogs too :) or at least wagging their tails with the rhythm (really! dogs like reggae mefigures), so I missed the Portugal vs Turkey game, but I heard Portugal won cos from somewhere down the road there came two cheers and sth like "Yay! Portugal!".
On Sun I had an evil pollen allergy attack (actually it felt like migraine meets flu) all day long, I felt so bad it interested me a flying sh!t who plays or wins. Today I learned this is due to Ambrosia such a plant that (normally not growing in Germany) spread north and is so aggressive that in my quarter (I just read that in the news) they will set in a special squads kinda to pick them beasts and deposit them in special garbage bins for Ambrosia only.
Yes and then I wasn't buying flags yet, first I couldn't get my ass out of the internet cafe, then my friend called me to meet. But the neighbour above me has a HUGE black-red-gold one, so I'll organise those of Portugal, Russia AND the NETHERLANDS :) (as a descendent of Flamic beaver hunters I have to ;)). My balcony will look like the UN building :D

lukkucairi 06-10-2008 12:13 PM

OK, I'm now the parent of two almost-fledged pigeon squabs :o

The realtor was adamant that the roof of our house in Hyrum couldn't be fixed to sell until the family of four pigeons who'd moved in had been evicted, and she couldn't find anyone in the entire valley who was willing to go climb around on our steep front gable to do it. So last Sunday we drove up with bird netting and bird spikes and assorted implements of destruction to go do the dirty deed.

It turned out that the squabs were almost-but-not-quite fledged. I didn't feel like leaving them there in a tree to freak out, fly to the ground, and be eaten by the next-door-neighbor's cats, so I put them in a box and brought them back to Salt Lake with us. Now they're living in a cage in the spare bathroom, and I'm tube feeding them 3x a day with Kay-Tee Exact baby bird formula. We blocked off the access to the niche where their parents were nesting, so hopefully our roof-related pigeon problems won't recur.

But now I have pigeons. They're beginning to hand-tame. I'm a bit bemused by the whole thing. I feel a bit like Bert from Sesame Street.

Marcus Bales 06-10-2008 09:45 PM

It's not really my announcement, but my brother sent me this article and video from WIRED that announces the new Moog Guitar. It's amazing.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/06/...nveils-ba.html

skip intro 06-11-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Flamic beaver hunters
I don't know what 'Flamic' is, but the rest I can relate to.

Stephi_B 06-11-2008 02:17 PM

^Oops, 'Flemish' is the right word, methinks.

You wanna be adopted? ;) :D
('d have to ask my male relatives, but I don't think the name makes the task easier...)

skip intro 06-11-2008 04:18 PM

I don't want to be adopted, but I'm beaver hunting 24/7.

auntie aubrey 06-11-2008 09:19 PM

baby A is 10 ounces
baby B is 12 ounces

i'm at 19 weeks and 5 days but because there are two my belly measures at 24 weeks.

B is kicking just below my ribs and it's getting stronger, and thus less comfortable. A is finally kicking hard enough to be felt even from his nestled down position near my back.

i'm hungry.

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-11-2008 11:06 PM

^ and happy.

Frieda 06-12-2008 12:45 PM

i'd like to announce that hay fever season has started

these sneeze attacks come and take me by surprise-- forgive me for blowing all the paperwork off your desk

stand clear, everyone.....

:eek:

Odbe 06-13-2008 08:49 PM

I'd like to announce that I survived Friday the 13th, minus one functioning leg.

In a fit of youthful bravado I decided that there would be no better way of getting around my back fence than vaulting over the top, which worked well until I tried to get back the same way and twisted my leg in an unusual manner which it did not approve of and consequently stopped allowing me to walk on it. At this time I was of course over the back fence where no one could hear me yelling (which I did not hesitate to do), so after hoplimping around the perimeter of the house I was rescued by an angel who also happens to be a nurse and my neighbour. :o
I am now tucked up in bed with my laptop and a pair of borrowed crutches for potty trips and I'm told that the leg needs some time out to rest and sulk and then hopefully it will start doing its job again.
Darn, my body's not indestructible any more :rolleyes:

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-14-2008 12:01 AM

^ :eek:

lukkucairi 06-14-2008 02:27 PM

my pigeons are fully weaned now

:p

Coffee 06-14-2008 03:13 PM

^^^ Pigeon posts would be nicer with piccys :)

How long till they fledge/fly?

lukkucairi 06-15-2008 04:56 AM

^piccies coming soon! I've been run off my legs this week - discovery channel shoot for the jellyfish 12000 is tomorrow at noon :p

the pigeons now look just like pigeons - all their feathers are in, and unfortunately I didn't get any pics when they were still a little scruffy. I made a coop for them yesterday and they're living down at the warehouse with the jellyfish. might get on TV yet!

I will bring them back tomorrow and find a place to mount the coop on the back porch - then just gradually get them used to being outside, then one day leave the door open and see what they do. hopefully fly away and go be happy independent pigeons somewhere.

I've been having fun hand-feeding them but I hope this won't make them easy prey :o

T.I.P. 06-15-2008 10:41 PM

The ceiling in my apartment is leaking.

i came home last night around 5AM and found my computer and a couple of hard drives covered in water, as well as all the papers and contents of my shelves.

Apparently they are renovating the apartment above me and a pipe must have burst. I now have bowls collecting the water and it is making a nice drippy sound, though it will probably annoy me tonight. Our landlord has not been answering the phone at all. Luckily my computer has dried and it seems to work, but I must say that all of this is making me slightly annoyed.

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-16-2008 12:24 AM

Slightly?! You must be a very happy person then. Once when I was watering the plants I managed to give a dose to my PC as well. I was angry with myself, with the plants and the PC and anxious to turn it on in case it exploded or something horrible happened...

lukkucairi 06-16-2008 12:12 PM

announcement:

DSCN0906

these are the pigeons, now their feathers are all in.

lukkucairi 06-16-2008 12:27 PM

announcement:

DSCN0893

this is Alma on the jellyfish - we had the discovery channel shoot yesterday. it was fun :D

Stephi_B 06-16-2008 12:47 PM

neat & congrats!

:)

Brynn 06-18-2008 03:43 PM

Yes! Nice work, lukku!
I'm amazed at that moog guitar - music is about to take a sharp turn.

brightpearl 06-18-2008 04:51 PM

Don't forget to announce when the show will be on....!!!
That's a great shot, btw.

Frieda 06-21-2008 03:32 PM

i'd like to announce that my medication makes me more efficient-- i just found myself very efficiently doing useless things.

and now i'm almost late for football! :eek: :eek:

brightpearl 06-21-2008 10:36 PM

It's been a long day, but the formal thingie I had to sort of manage is over now, and it went well.

Earlier in the week, I had 4 rsvps, and we were having bread and water, and I was flipping out because there was going to be press there at the lamest thing ever. But by yesterday it was evident lots of folks were showing, and they were bringing cookies.

It was beautiful and went so well, and it didn't even bother me too much to sing in a room full of people.

And now I am sooooooooooo tired, and I forgot to stop and get a beer on the way home, but not even that can spoil the mood.

Frieda 06-22-2008 06:41 PM

i'd like to announce that my dryer is unable to deliver water in it's water reservoir and therefore i am now stuck with 4kg of wet bedsheets and no place to hang it all to dry.

lukkucairi 06-23-2008 05:07 AM

DSCN0922

it's coming along...

DSCN0934

...and having the warehouse space makes me happy :)...

DSCN0984

...and I think this may be my most favorite picture ever of Anthony :D

Frieda 06-23-2008 05:45 AM

oh lukku, that looks awesome, wowwowow!

Stephi_B 06-23-2008 08:19 AM

^^ class!! :) :) :)

brightpearl 06-23-2008 08:28 AM

Wow, it would make me happy to be in there, too!!

lukkucairi 06-23-2008 10:58 AM

^ I wish you guys could come visit!

In fact, you've got a standing invite, all of y'all - any time :)

and Frieds, next time I'm over the other side of the Atlantic I'll build in an extra day for Amsterdamage :D

Frieda 06-24-2008 05:14 AM

^yes yes YES! :D :):)

lukkucairi 06-24-2008 09:14 AM

^ the DCC shoot day, featuring a cameo by the pigeons :)

*note the hungry dog completely obsessed by them - she sat in front of the cage all day licking her chops while the pigeons lounged around and ignored her

auntie aubrey 06-24-2008 02:18 PM

2lbs 3oz. that's just over 990 grams for the metric folks. that's how much baby i'm hauling around in this thing that is now more transport vehicle than abdomen.

no good pictures though, because they're getting big and they move around a lot. still, i was able to see enough to determine that, yes, baby B likes to rabbit-kick me in the ribs. and, yes, baby A seems to think my bladder is a pillow.

so the good news is, they're growing nicely. the bad news is, i'm getting beat up from the inside and i always have to pee.

Frieda 06-25-2008 06:54 PM

^cool! picked out the names from the fiction project thread yet?

Stephi_B 06-26-2008 07:09 AM

^^ :):)

So it looks as if baby B is the wild thing and baby A the bon vivant (searching a comfy place to lounge, finding your bladder)

& what Frieda asked ;)

auntie aubrey 06-26-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frieda (Post 390042)
^cool! picked out the names from the fiction project thread yet?

i'm thinking about just calling them Aye and Bee. i mean, it would just be eaiser that way.

lukkucairi 06-26-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 390133)
i'm thinking about just calling them Aye and Bee. i mean, it would just be eaiser that way.

too bad they aren't girls- you could call them AYEsha and BEEatrice

auntie aubrey 06-26-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukkucairi (Post 390135)
too bad they aren't girls- you could call them AYEsha and BEEatrice

i could name them AYEden and BEEuford.

Marcus Bales 06-26-2008 01:04 PM

Walloon and Flanders