ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   gives you a happy (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9399)

auntie aubrey 08-14-2007 08:04 PM

my happy is that i taught the puppy to flop over and play dead when i point my finger at him like a gun and go "bang!"

you could say it's a commentary on the ever-present obsession with violence in american culture. or you could just say, "CUUUUUUUUUTE!" like i do.

Jaime 08-15-2007 04:48 AM

My brother is home safe and sound from his trip to Peru. He brought me home a necklace, which is pretty, and an ocarina, which unfortunatly didn't survive the plane ride home. He also has a shirt now that says "I have a black belt in keeping it real", which makes me laugh. I missed him quite a bit. I am happy he's back.

Tunesmith 08-15-2007 02:40 PM

I helped an old Asian couple design an advert for their store today. It just opened two weeks ago, and is called "Hello YOGO Fresh Natural Frozen Yogurt Healthy for YOU!!"

The name itself gave me a happy. :)

They were overjoyed to see a customer (I dropped by for a smoothie), but spoke very little English, so through hand gestures and broken phrases I helped them decide on "VERY BIG Delicious Frozen Ice Cream!!" for their advert in the local paper.

lukkucairi 08-15-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunesmith (Post 358582)

They're in the mail, as of this afternoon. :D

makes me happy :D

brightpearl 08-16-2007 09:44 AM

I'm a fan of fans and can't believe I found this.

If you say that you do not need to fan yourself because the nature of wind is permanent and you can have wind without fanning, you will understand neither permanence nor the nature of wind.
~Eihei Dogen

...but it's the last few post-credit seconds that make this film.

auntie aubrey 08-16-2007 05:16 PM

happy #1: i was contacted for a job opportunity that is literally a dream-come-true 10 years in the making. i doubt i'll end up getting it but i'm so far beyond thrilled that i've gotten as far as i have in the screening process.

does it make sense that i'm happy even if i don't get it, because they at least considered me? it means my portfoilo was gazed upon by someone who i have a tremendous amount of respect and fandom for. and that's such a good happy that i don't mind if it doesn't go any further.

happy #2: my soaps are selling like hotcakes. HOTCAKES! they don't taste like hotcakes, though.

brightpearl 08-16-2007 05:18 PM

^Those are both great!
Where do you sell soap?
I made some with rosemary and cornmeal once. It made me smell like a pizza oven, and I liked it.

auntie aubrey 08-16-2007 05:29 PM

awwww i don't want to whore out the link here. i might as well create and promote a cafepress store if i do that. ;)

i'll PM it to you.

Frieda 08-16-2007 05:30 PM

to me too, me too! :) :)

auntie aubrey 08-16-2007 05:34 PM

done and done.

brightpearl 08-16-2007 05:39 PM

SO cool! You should go ahead and say on the board, though. I'm sure we'd all like to send our toiletry business your way.

:D
I like the packaging, btw. Much better than the marketing I posted in the guy's thread...

auntie aubrey 08-16-2007 05:48 PM

somabathworks.etsy.com

this makes me a linkwhore. :(

trisherina 08-17-2007 01:50 AM

Allow me to cling to the notion that etsy at least is not whorish. :(

eta: I like that name wrt the products!

Frieda 08-17-2007 03:50 AM

nothing wrong with being a linkwhore.. add the link to your profile or signature if you wish! you're a regular poster, you've earned your whoring rights ;) :)

brightpearl 08-17-2007 08:09 AM

^Yeah, and we twisted your arm. :D