ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   This is the thread where everyone is random, Part II (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9191)

lapietra 02-11-2006 05:40 PM

"Is Kali, my Divine Mother, of a black complexion?
She appears black because She is viewed from a distance;
but when intimately known She is no longer so.
The sky appears blue at a distance, but look at it close by
and you will find that it has no colour.
The water of the ocean looks blue at a distance,
but when you go near and take it in your hand,
you find that it is colourless."

... Ramakrishna Paramhansa (1836-86)

Deviousjackson 02-15-2006 03:38 PM

Would you mind holding this for me?

ShopaholicChick 02-17-2006 09:07 PM

ok im mored someone say something that is entertaining

dinzdale 02-22-2006 12:28 PM

You're mored? Ha, you dont know the meaning of the word moring.
Try working at this place and we'll see who's mored. :mad:

jasmina 02-22-2006 12:53 PM

I wish I could get mored more often.
I love moring. Especially in the morning........ and outdoors too sometimes

Avalon 02-22-2006 01:34 PM

More,More,More...
How do you like, how do you like it...

damn VH1 and their one hit wonders..:p

karma_queen 02-23-2006 07:46 PM

i've been reading fear and loathing in las vegas. it's been giving me the trippiest dreams...

Master_Jedi 02-26-2006 01:03 PM

i tripped on a lurker

ambo 03-18-2006 01:38 PM

Information I'm sure we can all use:
http://www.slate.com/id/2137959/?nav=navoa&GT1=7932

Jack Flanders 03-18-2006 01:55 PM

OMG!!! That just creeps me out. Shuuuuttter!

thetruth 03-18-2006 01:56 PM

willi ninja is a hot sizzlin mess honey!

her teeth are not right. rotten to the core just like her tired weave. her weave is old and looks like a mop. her face is banged up too honey. face tore up honey.
body tore up too. she been stretchin that tired azz so long at least 50 years girl. lookin like miss cellie from color purple girl. whew where momma at? where she at? i aint heard her yellin like a banshee lately??? she still wheelin around in that chair honey? you gonna need one soon too old bioocch.
willi who are those two skinny, anorexic, tired white hoez wit you? they are apart of that dead house of yours? hahahaha they need to eat something. they look cracked out and anorexic. They are crackorexic!hahahahhhahhlolololoololololllllllllll llllllaghahahahahahaah. you shole is ugly!!!ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

thetruth 03-18-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruth
her teeth are not right. rotten to the core just like her tired weave. her weave is old and looks like a mop. her face is banged up too honey. face tore up honey.
body tore up too. she been stretchin that tired azz so long at least 50 years girl. lookin like miss cellie from color purple girl. whew where momma at? where she at? i aint heard her yellin like a banshee lately??? she still wheelin around in that chair honey? you gonna need one soon too old bioocch.
willi who are those two skinny, anorexic, tired white hoez wit you? they are apart of that dead house of yours? hahahaha they need to eat something. they look cracked out and anorexic. They are crackorexic!hahahahhhahhlolololoololololllllllllll llllllaghahahahahahaah. you shole is ugly!!!ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

it's like he was dancing for his momma since she can't walk no moe. that's how she talk like dis no moe honey. yep she country like a pickle. willi ninja is from the projects. hahhahahahahah she from the poorest projects in nyc. you a bum like yo mammy. i been payin taxes to keep her in that wheelchair honey.

EmotionalVelcro 03-20-2006 06:38 AM

craig johnston 03-20-2006 04:09 PM

isn't it cool when you cut your hand and the
blood is red instead of sell-out green?

;)

EmotionalVelcro 03-21-2006 12:31 PM

On this day in 1963, Alcatraz, or “The Rock,” was permanently closed and is now a popular tourist attraction. An island located in the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz was first built up as a military prison during the Civil War. Throughout its use, the prison became a maximum security destination for many notorious criminals including Al Capone.

karma_queen 03-21-2006 12:48 PM

when i was a kid, i found remembering the difference between al capone and al pacino incredibly difficult. i wasn't even sure whether there was a difference for a while. confusing times :)

Zeismyhero 03-21-2006 12:58 PM

Lemonheads were a dime a box way back when. I'd suck on them until the sour part surrounding the white center made my tongue rough and burny.

(typing that made my mouth water.)

zero 03-21-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karma_queen
when i was a kid, i found remembering the difference between al capone and al pacino incredibly difficult. i wasn't even sure whether there was a difference for a while. confusing times :)

very brave of you to admit to that young lady - how on earth did you manage with such a handicap?

we lucky ones know how frequently situations arise in our daily lives where it's essential to instantly tell al capone from al pacino and we pretty much just take it for granted - we just kind of know.

are you ok nowadays?

EmotionalVelcro 03-21-2006 01:23 PM

Today must be history day for me - thought this was pretty cool:

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...hic/atlas.html

Al Pacino has 4 syllables, Al Capone and Alcatraz only have 3.

That's how I remember them.

craig johnston 03-21-2006 01:47 PM

karma_queen 03-21-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero
are you ok nowadays?

well, it's still hard. the medication continues. i'm hoping one day there'll be a real cure, then i can be just like everybody else ;)

EmotionalVelcro 03-22-2006 09:32 AM

Today is William Shatner's birthday.

He turns 75 years old.

Bill, of course, is most famous for his role as Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise. In lesser known roles, Shatner was host of the TV series “Rescue 9-1-1” and was a performer as well as a director for several episodes of “T.J. Hooker.”

Happy birthday, Bill!

Frieda 03-22-2006 10:17 AM

tea is for housewives and sick whores

craig johnston 03-22-2006 01:46 PM

^^^^^^
yeah, just about sums up the british population.
I'm a sick whore of course.

;)

EmotionalVelcro 03-22-2006 04:27 PM

Email the Pope

EmotionalVelcro 03-23-2006 10:36 AM

Jupiter rotates at a dizzying speed - once every 9 hours and 55 minutes.

So there you go.

Coffee 03-23-2006 01:18 PM

Another semi-random planet fact: (semi-random because the previous Jupiter factoid prompted it)

If you plan a vacation on Mercury, book for a year long trip there, rather than for a full day. You are gonna hate it on Mercury (it is blistering hot or as bone chilling cold as it gets, with nothing to drink or breath)...so keep in mind that Mercury's solar day—the time from noon to noon—is actually 2 Mercury years long.

Zeismyhero 03-23-2006 05:44 PM

My right eye is watering for no reason.

Jack Flanders 03-23-2006 06:05 PM

Have I mentioned before how much my son PISSES ME OFF!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

EmotionalVelcro 03-25-2006 03:36 AM

Who invented alcohol?

topcat 03-25-2006 10:25 AM

[quote=Frieda]tea is for housewives and sick whores[/

ok so now i am confused. which one am i again?

Coffee 03-25-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmotionalVelcro
Who invented alcohol?

Yeast invented it, somebody discovered it.

Some Tuscan neanderthal drank spoiled grape juice and Badda Bing! The drive to repeat, and improve upon that result is probably what gave rise to human intelligence.

EmotionalVelcro 03-25-2006 02:41 PM

I'll drink to that:

Here's to the Tuscan neanderthal
The one who discovered alcohol
A simple beast
That came from yeast
And renders us ten feet tall

Coffee 03-25-2006 03:01 PM

:D :D :D

EmotionalVelcro 03-27-2006 10:29 AM

On this day in 1860 the corkscrew was patented by M. L. Byrn of New York City.

Thanks, M.L.!

12"razormix 03-27-2006 10:35 AM

happy birthday, mr. velcro!

craig johnston 03-27-2006 10:56 AM

so what did they use before that?

which came first, the cork or the corkscrew?

:confused:

12"razormix 03-27-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig johnston

car keys of course! ( to push in the cork )

EmotionalVelcro 03-27-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig johnston

which came first, the cork or the corkscrew?

:confused:

Good question:

Before the glass bottle was used for wine, corkscrews were not necessary:

Early wine was stored first in terracotta amphoras and later in wooden barrels. Wine was never aged; it was briefly stored or transported and served before it had a chance to spoil. Wine glasses and decanters first appeared in Venice around the 12th century, used only for serving the wine.

Glass-blowing technology improved and in the early 18th century glass wine bottles with small bottlenecks made airtight wine storage possible. Wine could now be safely aged.

The English were the first to seal wine bottles, using cork imported from Spain or Portugal. Cork comes from the wood of the Quercus Suber or cork tree, a species of Oak native to Spain. Obviously, corkscrews were invented as an easy way of removing the cork from a bottle.

Source: http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa122000a.htm

So there you go.

Thanks, 12"razor!

craig johnston 03-27-2006 11:18 AM

ok, so what about the chicken and the egg?

;)