ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Dictionary Game (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=7884)

Ms Robbie 03-25-2005 02:35 AM

pillion n., one of those annoying little fuzz balls that appear on cheap knit sweaters after one laundering.

xfox 03-25-2005 02:54 AM

pillion n. small dog with only two legs. It's arms are always outstretched to either to offer or take a treat. Long, soft hair on ears, chest and curly tail that wags a lot. Can travel in a handbag. Enjoys a vast wardrobe of collars, which Lord hopes, never malfunction! If you want a friend, get a pillion.

sparticle 03-25-2005 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee
Pillion: (pill-Yun) Contraction of the words "pill" and "young"

The term for children born "accidentally" despite use of "The Pill".

Or, same definition, possibly a compound of "[The] Pill" and "hellion". :D

sparticle 03-25-2005 03:43 AM

pillion, n.

A disagreeable, obnoxious debutante who filches her mother's Valium.

funkytuba 03-25-2005 04:55 AM

pillion, n.
A combination bracket-flange that keeps the buckets of ferris wheels from flying off into space. We had four deaths because of that pillion failure.

Aphrodite 03-25-2005 12:35 PM

Pillion (n)
A decorative column used to support the roof or overhang which extends out from the main body of a building. They are often seen on the front of old banks and government buildings.

beckstra 03-25-2005 06:38 PM

pillion (n) - french word for butterfly whose wings have just been torn off by a child.

trisherina 03-25-2005 06:40 PM

pillion: The number of stars in Carl Sagan's universe.

Smartypants 03-25-2005 06:46 PM

I apologize it this is short and rushed, but I am out of town on biz and able just briefly to check the board. I would like to spend a few thousand words lauding all these entries and explaining my choices, but I'm afraid there's no time.

pillion n 1a a light saddle for women consisting chiefly of a cushion* b a pad or cushion put on behind a man's saddle chiefly for a woman to ride on 2 a motorcycle or bicycle saddle for a passenger.

*Dinz, shut up. The saddle is for the woman to sit on, not to put on the woman so you can ride her.

CJ, Gatz and Coffee, nice tries, but since yours are all similar, I am tossing out all of yours. Arbitrary, but true.

Marcus is so close to the real definition (and one CAN 'ride pillion', bestial royalty or not), that I say phooey on you. No pts.

Aph, MsRobbie and Funky's are so serious sounding that they could be real, so I give them bluffing points, but they did not make me laugh and I am in need of a laugh.

xfox: that dog don't hunt

Spart and Dinz made melaugh so hard that I farted, so they win. Spart's is brilliant, but since she has already won a first place award , I am making her first runner up to Dinz, in case he becomes incapacitated and cannot fulfill the duties of his crown.

So Dinz wins, and because I am staying in a hotel in West Hollywood, tonight I may go out on the town and find one of these pillions he's described and check out the veracity of his definition!

Take it away, Dinz.

Smartypants 03-25-2005 06:48 PM

Oops! Zero, yours was good, too, just not a winner. Trish and Beckstra, sorry, too late! :(

dinzdale 03-25-2005 07:07 PM

My deep gratitude to Mr Pants....or should I say Pierre?

Being a wage slave, I will not able to judge entries 'til Monday, but if Spart wants to come in on a weekend and sift the wheat from the chaff, she's welcome.

Otherwise, it's crank up the generator and attach the electrodes, what can you tell about:

clitocybe

WTF :confused:

Marcus Bales 03-25-2005 07:12 PM

Clitocybe - What men can never find during cybersex.

trisherina 03-25-2005 07:15 PM

'at's okay, SP, I can't compete with a farting laugh in any case. Hope your biz trip has some fun in it.

clitocybe: One of the earliest organisms in the fossil record, closely resembling a little man in a rowboat.

Coffee 03-25-2005 08:36 PM

clitocybe:

The halucinatory secretions resulting from a rare vaginal fungal disorder.

xfox 03-26-2005 05:33 PM

clitocybe (OSP) 1. the first quality of food for thought on how humans evolved from small mammals to where they are today, i.e., on the Internet.
2. What Lewis Carroll was eating before he wrote Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.