ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   Et Cetera (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   quotation debate, part II (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=13246)

MoJoRiSin 01-18-2009 11:50 PM

… To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget. …
~Arundhati Roy

Anna 01-19-2009 02:59 PM

"a pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love." - nietzsche

12"razormix 01-19-2009 04:59 PM

you come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

sam keen

zero 01-19-2009 05:31 PM

frank chambers: ...smells good in here today!

12"razormix 01-19-2009 05:40 PM

CHRIS: Hey little dude, how about some ice cream?
STEWIE: Yes I could go for a frozen treat right about now. But no sprinkles. And for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

YsaPur EsChomuw 01-19-2009 05:48 PM

Being sixteen is a tribulation as much as ecstasy and nobody can find happiness alone.

Brian Thompson: Keeping Mum

12"razormix 01-19-2009 05:58 PM

happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed.

denis waitley

zero 01-19-2009 06:16 PM

travel round
i travel round
decadence and pleasure towns
tragedies, luxuries,
statues, parks and galleries

- sm

12"razormix 01-19-2009 06:20 PM

europe has a language problem
talk talk talk talk talking on

zero 01-19-2009 06:33 PM

johnny can't read
BLAH BLAH BLAH
i can't see
BLAH BLAH BLAH
tuna on white
BLAH BLAH BLAH
violent peace
BLAH BLAH BLAH
buy it right now
BLAH BLAH BLAH

- iggy pop

MoJoRiSin 01-19-2009 11:39 PM

i googled "joy quotes" just to cheer myself up--go figure !! this was in top place

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.”
Oneway

C.S. Lewis quote

Anna 01-20-2009 07:07 AM

a man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him. -kierkegaard

zero 01-20-2009 08:00 AM

i only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, i found, was really going in.

- john muir

Hyakujo's Fox 01-20-2009 08:34 AM

Your inside is out and your outside is in
Your outside is in and your inside is out
So come on
Come on

~ John Lennon

YsaPur EsChomuw 01-20-2009 08:38 AM

Each time I see the Upside-Down Man
Standing in the water,
I look at him and start to laugh,
Although I shouldn't oughtter.