ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   Et Cetera (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   my apologies to frieda (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=11769)

zefrank 07-23-2007 07:01 PM

my apologies to frieda

her forum and the fiction project will stay open.

craig johnston 07-23-2007 07:03 PM

yay! we love frieda!

:)

Jaime 07-23-2007 07:07 PM

Thank you. :)

T.I.P. 07-23-2007 07:10 PM

my instinct is to do a little jig but I fear it might compromise my coolness :D

brightpearl 07-23-2007 07:16 PM

So great to have you back, Frieds!

No need to do a jig, TIP...I have this old footage of you. Shake that booty.

T.I.P. 07-23-2007 07:19 PM

you know you can't touch those pants :D

Avalon 07-23-2007 07:24 PM

Happy for you, Frieds

Tunesmith 07-23-2007 07:34 PM

whew...congrats frieda and thank you ze!

Mik 07-23-2007 07:34 PM

gee
back for now.
hope it lasts!
:o

I guess it just feels like eggshell walking time around here. I don't mean any disrespect... but what the heck is going on here? First the forum get shut off for several days. Then it reopens with a cryptic and very off-putting goodbye forum. Frieda's is gone, then it's back... what's next?! Why aren't we getting ANY info from the board boss on where this is all headed? Fiction and Frieda will be left open... then what's this goodbye forum all about?!

ug

I hate to see something so good go so .... weird!

Anna 07-23-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354623)
her forum and the fiction project will stay open.

thank you

zefrank 07-23-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik (Post 354637)
gee
back for now.
hope it lasts!
:o

I guess it just feels like eggshell walking time around here. I don't mean any disrespect... but what the heck is going on here? First the forum get shut off for several days. Then it reopens with a cryptic and very off-putting goodbye forum. Frieda's is gone, then it's back... what's next?! Why aren't we getting ANY info from the board boss on where this is all headed? Fiction and Frieda will be left open... then what's this goodbye forum all about?!

ug

I hate to see something so good go so .... weird!

yes - the place is littered with eggshells. plenty of eggs were thrown. what do you want to know?

topcat 07-23-2007 08:29 PM

i got a question. no maybe two. why did you close the board? why is freida being treated different than zen?

zefrank 07-23-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat (Post 354651)
i got a question. no maybe two. why did you close the board? why is freida being treated different than zen?

because you, audrey and zen made me ask the question "why here?"

zen deleted another users posts without talking to me or the rest of the board about it.

topcat 07-23-2007 08:36 PM

did you ever tell zen not to do it. did you ever talk to zen in private about it?

Anna 07-23-2007 08:39 PM

hey, I have a question. isn't that show on WNYC airing like at 8, what are you doing here or is it taped?

zefrank 07-23-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat (Post 354654)
did you ever tell zen not to do it. did you ever talk to zen in private about it?

no - but "moderator" status was given to people so that they could see the darkroom (and have the power to delete messages in the darkroom - SPAM only became an issue afterwards) frieda and lala were the only people ever asked to moderate.

no - but unlike many other people on this board she never contacted me. (about this issue)

zefrank 07-23-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 354655)
hey, I have a question. isn't that that show on WNYC airing like at 8, what are you doing here or is it taped?

the show was taped on friday.

Hyakujo's Fox 07-23-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354653)
because you, audrey and zen made me ask the question "why here?"

see there are winners and losers

Anna 07-23-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354657)
the show was taped on friday.

so was it fun?

Mik 07-23-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354650)
yes - the place is littered with eggshells. plenty of eggs were thrown. what do you want to know?

letsee,

I think I figured out most of what's going on... you're keeping 2 sections of this forum rolling and killing the rest. I can totally understand this.

What I really want to know is, how are you doing ze? 50/50 didn't seem to pan out as well as we all wanted and I hope it didn't burn you too badly (though I think you probably knew the risks and didn't sink yourself too far into it). The latest forum shutdown/reconfig seemed like a severe reaction to what I could see was going on. Severe reactions always make me think something bigger is going on than what the surface shows. So, is there anything you need to get off your chest/unload. Are you getting fed up with all this iCrap? We're all here, we all care about you... you just need to talk to us.

Is there anything we can do for you?

Man, I'm such a sucker! Here I was all pissy about this and as soon as you reply to a post of mine I go all soft and just want everyone to hug and such.
:D

gee, while I'm at it, I'd really like to talk to you about my show! What am I doing wrong? and oohhh... remember that time I got you a beer?

I was like "do you want a Guinness?"
and you were like "no, nothing that heavy"
so I got you a Bass. Crazy times :D

zefrank 07-23-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 354659)
so was it fun?

yes. it was the most fun i've had since the show ended. amazing to have a staff of people that are helping you along.

Anna 07-23-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354662)
yes. it was the most fun i've had since the show ended. amazing to have a staff of people that are helping you along.

a new direction perhaps?

now I'll listen

after the news...

zefrank 07-23-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik (Post 354660)
letsee,

I think I figured out most of what's going on... you're keeping 2 sections of this forum rolling and killing the rest. I can totally understand this.

What I really want to know is, how are you doing ze? 50/50 didn't seem to pan out as well as we all wanted and I hope it didn't burn you too badly (though I think you probably knew the risks and didn't sink yourself too far into it). The latest forum shutdown/reconfig seemed like a severe reaction to what I could see was going on. Severe reactions always make me think something bigger is going on than what the surface shows. So, is there anything you need to get off your chest/unload. Are you getting fed up with all this iCrap? We're all here, we all care about you... you just need to talk to us.

Is there anything we can do for you?

Man, I'm such a sucker! Here I was all pissy about this and as soon as you reply to a post of mine I go all soft and just want everyone to hug and such.
:D

gee, while I'm at it, I'd really like to talk to you about my show! What am I doing wrong? and oohhh... remember that time I got you a beer?

I was like "do you want a Guinness?"
and you were like "no, nothing that heavy"
so I got you a Bass. Crazy times :D

in terms of bigger issues, no, there isn't anything specific. it was severe, and i was angry.

i like your show...if i was nit picking i'd say come in tighter on the edits and maybe remember that not all awkwardness is funny, sometimes its just awkward.

brightpearl 07-23-2007 09:06 PM

I agree with Mik. But I think we should let Ze and anyone else involved speak on their own time frame, if at all. Perhaps burning questions should be reserved for pm's?

It isn't that I think it should be swept under the rug; it's just that I fear it might be too soon to cover it logically and kindly. Only those directly involved will know when it's a good time for them.

I'm just glad to have the fun given a bit of a reprieve, and I don't want to muck it up already. :o

I'm really glad you had some fun on Friday, Ze.

zenbabe 07-23-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat (Post 354654)

No and No

auntie aubrey 07-23-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 354666)
It isn't that I think it should be swept under the rug; it's just that I fear it might be too soon to cover it logically and kindly. Only those directly involved will know when it's a good time for them.

i agree that it's probably a bit too soon to be picking the wound. however, it is sort of the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

i don't know. i'm uncomfortable. i wasn't involved in whatever it was that started all of this off, and i certainly don't know the details about why it happened. all i know is most of the forum has been shut down and the future of the remaining sections is unclear.

i sort of feel like i'm a guest at a party where the host is ready to go to bed, but he won't ask the guests to leave and keeps refilling the drinks to be polite. so i'm sitting on the sofa, feeling a little awkward and unsure whether the refills are being offered genuinely or reluctantly. and i'm kind of wondering where i put my coat and purse and trying to figure out if i can find a tactful way to call it a night without making the host feel like he guilted me into leaving.

i took the analogy too far.

topcat 07-23-2007 10:07 PM

one last thing i have to say. when lala deleted my posts you and i had most of our conversations about it in private. you never came out and publicly came and spanked lala.

zefrank 07-23-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenbabe (Post 354669)
No and No

i already covered that.

zefrank 07-23-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat (Post 354674)
one last thing i have to say. when lala deleted my posts you and i had most of our conversations about it in private. you never came out and publicly came and spanked lala.

is there a question in this? i'll be happy to answer it.

to clear up the lala thing, she emailed me without my prompting - realized that she overstepped her bounds - voluntarily handed in her keys and left - i did not ask her to do this.

this is contrary to what i said before. my mistake.

Audreyvgs 07-23-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354675)
i already covered that.

?

zefrank 07-23-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audreyvgs (Post 354688)
! please don't delete my post again, its unfinished business. ban me if you want, but be fair. You don't want to end it on that kind of note.

if you want to add something to move the conversation forward - please go ahead.

if you just post to provoke me - i'll remove it. strike one.

zefrank 07-23-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audreyvgs (Post 354688)
?

http://bulletin.zefrank.com/showpost...6&postcount=16

Audreyvgs 07-23-2007 11:52 PM

I removed it. I will move the conversation forward by thanking you for my friends. Thats what you did for me.

Audreyvgs 07-23-2007 11:53 PM

how come we were all mods in the darkroom, how did zen's just stick outside?

auntie aubrey 07-24-2007 12:00 AM

any chance of getting an ETA on final forum shut-down?

the "saying goodbyes" title is ominous, to say the least.

priceyfatprude 07-24-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audreyvgs (Post 354694)
how come we were all mods in the darkroom, how did zen's just stick outside?

zen, frieda & lala all had over 10K posts, at least that was how I interpreted it. I could be wrong. :)

zenbabe 07-24-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefrank (Post 354691)
if you just post to provoke me - i'll remove it. strike one.

Will you ask first?

Is a provoked post be counted as spam now? Is that the new rule?

topcat 07-24-2007 12:27 AM

zen, that^^^ WAS VERY THOUGHT PROVOKING. BALL ONE

zenbabe 07-24-2007 12:30 AM

or strike one? :confused: :eek:

topcat 07-24-2007 12:33 AM

this all freidas fault anyway. she should have came to you instead of ze anyway.