ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Post something that made you laugh today. (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=4329)

MoJoRiSin 05-31-2009 04:14 PM

"but since you were here i have found several other yoga studios we can try, one even has a
blue pearlized ceiling and a chandelier collection"

Marcus Bales 06-01-2009 09:28 AM

xfox 06-02-2009 11:10 AM

When you get older two things happen: You tend to forget things, and I can't remember the other...

MoJoRiSin 06-06-2009 03:14 PM

it made me chuckle at any rate last page = y e s

the image Hfox posted under this is?
made me laugh
because Marilyn was reading the
last page
of that book and just yesterday
i noticed this

Briton pays record price for Joyce epic Ulysses
Fri Jun 5, 2009 5:48am EDT Email | Print | Share | Reprints | Single Page [-] Text [+]
By Josie Cox

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - A rare copy of James Joyce's epic novel Ulysses has been sold for 275,000 pounds ($442,900) the highest price ever paid for a 20th-century first edition.

source ::
http://www.reuters.com/article/lifes...5542AS20090605

zero 06-08-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyasfox

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo
the image Hfox posted ... Marilyn was reading the last page of that book and just yesterday
i noticed this LONDON (Reuters Life!) - a rare copy of James Joyce's epic novel Ulysses has been sold for 275,000 pounds

when i was about seventeen i sometimes carried around a copy of james joyce's ulysses in my schoolbag and would casually pull it out and pretend to be reading it in my LUNCHTIME, on the bus home, etc. but i confess here and now that i never got past page 17 and it was too heavy to carry. anyway, hyafox's photo of marilyn and mo's subsequent comment got me curious about what that last page might be, so i checked and here's what i found. it's pretty beautiful and poignant.

... I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

MoJoRiSin 06-08-2009 08:32 PM

^ wow
now that IS something!!

MoJoRiSin 06-08-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero (Post 411890)
when i was about seventeen i sometimes carried around a copy of james joyce's ulysses in my schoolbag and would casually pull it out and pretend to be reading it in my LUNCHTIME, on the bus home, etc. but i confess here and now that i never got past page 17 and it was too heavy to carry. anyway, hyafox's photo of marilyn and mo's subsequent comment got me curious about what that last page might be, so i checked and here's what i found. it's pretty beautiful and poignant.

... I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

:D

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-16-2009 01:08 PM

taken in Thailand...

Brynn 06-18-2009 05:20 PM

Anna 06-19-2009 09:13 AM

MoJoRiSin 06-20-2009 01:06 AM

for some reason this was funny, not sure why

http://webmail.aol.com/43524/aol/en-...0&rt=STANDARD:)

MoJoRiSin 06-20-2009 02:17 PM

kno here's a thought......

:confused: :confused: :confused: "Nose trimmer For Dad
www.BestBuy.com 20% - 40% Off Select Models For Dad This Week At Best Buy®."
:confused: :confused: :confused:

MoJoRiSin 06-27-2009 12:59 PM

brightpearl 06-29-2009 09:27 PM

I laughed and laughed and laughed at this.
There is something seriously seriously seriously wrong with me.

Odbe 06-30-2009 05:00 AM

^ Is... is that video for real? :eek:

lukkucairi 06-30-2009 06:20 AM

^^ this video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions

:mad:

brightpearl 06-30-2009 02:25 PM

^^Well, the song is real. It's by Aqua. Far more horrifying than the one I posted. Here, knock yourself out.

I'd say I'm sorry you can't see it Lulu, but you're probably lucky. :D

YsaPur EsChomuw 06-30-2009 03:40 PM

^ I can't watch it from here either.
Is it the "I'm from plastic, it's fantastic!" one?

brightpearl 06-30-2009 06:02 PM

Yeah. The one I thought was funny has barbies in a car on some kind of conveyor belt, with the backup singers being flailed around. Somebody spent a lot of time on it.

MoJoRiSin 07-03-2009 08:01 PM

observation : learning to play golf seems to involve constantly discovering new ways to be angry at nature
see: www.zefrank.com
then search for
"twitter posts"

Anna 07-04-2009 03:48 PM

Brynn 07-04-2009 10:28 PM

^ also belongs in "this is useful...." thread :D

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-10-2009 07:23 AM

The story comes from an English teacher in Paris who had used a clip from the Wallace and Gromit film, The Wrong Trousers, with his class. He’d prepared the room so that only one student could see the television and had to describe what was happening to the other students:

Quote:

It was all going really smoothly until we got to the part where Wallace is lying in bed, Gromit pulls a lever, the bed rises up, Wallace slides off the bed through a hole in the floor and into his mechanical trousers.

There’s a lot of describing to do here and my student had a really good stab at it, but said, “The dog pulls the man’s knob and he comes in his trousers”.

Peregrine 07-10-2009 06:49 PM

Klynne 07-12-2009 12:25 AM

I will keep this post exactly as it is. This is how I felt at the time. I will not delete it.

"I guess I am a whore and an asshole. Nice to know. I always knew I was an asshole, but a whore? I can't buy into that. I have never been a whore. And it disturbs me that I am even sharing this. Guess I just need an outlet. I can't call and bitch to my family and friends that, this guy, that I have been with for over five years, likes to accuse me of sleeping with his friend, who, I don't even know. He is no longer angry with me for being a whore and an asshole. It has been like the screaming match has never happened. Anyhoo, can't live like this anymore. Was kind of hoping, he would still be pissed and move out today. I just have to grow a pair."

trisherina 07-12-2009 12:50 PM

NSFW

Klynne 07-12-2009 09:08 PM

Had to remove my verbal puking

MoJoRiSin 07-12-2009 09:31 PM

^ Klynne, is that some dort of code ?
that we perhaps don't understand?
why are you laughing ?
hopefully you do not need to be lo locked up in the
psycho ward :confused:

just saying.........

MoJoRiSin 07-12-2009 09:32 PM

(where they dress you comfortably and let you paint on easles

all the day long) :D

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-13-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 413121)
why are you laughing ?

just saying.........

MoJiTo, I hardly ever understand what you're going on about. Do you also use some dort of code?
I suggest you leave a treasure trail of clues now and then.

Klynne 07-14-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 413121)
why are you laughing ?

just saying.........

Yep it is some dort of code. You have decoded it. You are a genius! You will just have to guess why I am laughing. Cripes. It is called venting. Get real.

MoJoRiSin 07-14-2009 01:25 AM

oh my friggin gosh!
alright,
for what its worth
i will try
to get real
i am done here
>>>no mo posting on the zefrank message bored!*<<<
i am so outta here

i call easily tell when

I AM NOT WANTED!:p

*for the rest of the day

Jack Flanders 07-14-2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klynne (Post 413088)
I will keep this post exactly as it is. This is how I felt at the time. I will not delete it.

"I guess I am a whore and an asshole. Nice to know. I always knew I was an asshole, but a whore? I can't buy into that. I have never been a whore. And it disturbs me that I am even sharing this. Guess I just need an outlet. I can't call and bitch to my family and friends that, this guy, that I have been with for over five years, likes to accuse me of sleeping with his friend, who, I don't even know. He is no longer angry with me for being a whore and an asshole. It has been like the screaming match has never happened. Anyhoo, can't live like this anymore. Was kind of hoping, he would still be pissed and move out today. I just have to grow a pair."

Trust me, we're ALL assholes at one time or another. And you let him stay, again. Pack up his shit and get him out NOW.

Anna 07-14-2009 04:23 AM

YsaPur EsChomuw 07-14-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJoRiSin (Post 413154)
oh my friggin gosh!
alright,
for what its worth
i will try
to get real
i am done here
>>>no mo posting on the zefrank message bored!*<<<
i am so outta here

i call easily tell when

I AM NOT WANTED!:p

*for the rest of the day

this

Coffee 07-14-2009 11:15 AM

I bid 5 bucks!

come back.

Brynn 07-14-2009 04:51 PM

Only question that drifts through my mind at the moment is why Klynne might have posted that in this particular thread. My theory is that she was doing her best to find humor in a bad situation.

And being somewhat familiar with Mo's posts by now, I'm pretty sure that Mo didn't intend to be mean - probably just wanted to respond to Klynne and not leave it hanging out there. Her gentle teasing did not go over in the spirit that it was meant (?) and probably was as equally appropriate as Klynne posting it in this particular thread in the first place. Sorry you're going through that, Klynne. Sounds like he revealed his true colors.

As someone who posts and posts and posts, sometimes with no direct response from anyone for weeks except Mo (leading me to the conclusion that I'm most likely on a lot of "ignore" lists, and therefore it doesn't really matter what I post anywhere anyway), I've come to appreciate this woman who makes me feel a little less lonely in the cyber world (cue violins). I agree with Ysa Pur that her posts don't always make sense. I think Mo knows that and embraces it as part of her mojo.

So maybe we can calm our racing hearts and put the hatchets down, and chalk it all up to - yes, I'm going to say it - that time of the month. :)
She said, to no one in particular.

zero 07-14-2009 05:40 PM

Brynn 07-14-2009 06:04 PM

Anna 07-14-2009 06:28 PM