ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   for the sad only, don't ruin your good mood (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=1332)

Red Princess 03-16-2003 12:31 AM

for the sad only, don't ruin your good mood

it is 7:30 on saturday night and my date cancelled (again) i quit , it is not worth it anymore, there is no point, i just can't do this

Frieda 03-16-2003 08:59 AM

dutch males are the same. i've been dating this guy for over 6 months, i used to spend almost all my weekends there. the last few months, he was always cancelling dates. "oh, i'm so sorry, but i already had an appointment with my sister/brother/parents/etc, i totally forgot".

haven't called him in 2 weeks. he has called me once, sent me 3 emails and has sent me a sms message on my cell. haven't replied to those, and i'm not going to either.

it's hard, but i'm probably going to feel better in a few months. you'll feel better too! have some fun with your real friends, with people that give you the feeling that you are worth it. people who do appreciate you! trust me, you'll feel better in a bit! :)

Frieda 03-16-2003 03:17 PM

i don't know about that, peg.. i've never dated someone that didn't act like i described in my last post. or maybe that was bad luck! :p

zenbabe 03-16-2003 03:32 PM

From my experience, the second you stop looking, a good one finds you..

eliasaltman 03-16-2003 04:18 PM

zenbabe 03-16-2003 04:59 PM

Stalker laws come in super handy sometimes...

eliasaltman 03-16-2003 07:20 PM

Red Princess 03-16-2003 10:26 PM

i am in a badf place with this sort of thing right now so bear with me, if you are not interested say so right out , don't be a dick unless you get an ego thing from girls chasing you, ignoring phone calls is just shitty

eliasaltman 03-16-2003 10:51 PM

eliasaltman 03-17-2003 12:56 AM

eliasaltman 03-17-2003 01:28 AM

zenbabe 03-17-2003 02:05 AM

um, if she calls again, pick up the phone, answer her questions and be done with it, it's the least you can do...

eliasaltman 03-17-2003 02:48 AM

zenbabe 03-17-2003 02:49 AM

then why are we even discussing this? Move on man...

eliasaltman 03-17-2003 03:06 AM

zenbabe 03-17-2003 03:09 AM

that's what i'm here for babe...my work here is done...

Frieda 03-17-2003 05:20 AM

eliasaltman:

you're actually the kind of person that i describe in my first post in this thread. in my opinion, you are now officially an assh0le.

feel free to change at any time.

xerocs 03-17-2003 06:26 AM

Re: Re: dating for real

Quote:

Originally posted by nycwriters
And how difficult for you would it be to call her back and just tell her this instead of hiding and hoping she'll go away?

Bah. I hate shit like this.

Normally I am an advocate of playing games when it comes to giving advice to the guys who want to date the women i work with... mainly because i hear about all the games they play and feel that it is thier just deserts... but under the assumption that no ladies here would play games... i have to agree with nyc.... be straight... why play games? if you had a good date tell her... call her the next day... hell, one up that, stop by the local bageleria and get some breakfast and fruity coffee... stop by her place and feed the poor girl that only had a salad on the first date... give her a pedi while she watches that show with all the old women... you know, the view or the angle or whatever it is called... take her shopping afterwards and then ask her to marry you... if that doesn't stop her from calling I don't know what will.... :)

Red Princess 03-17-2003 01:37 PM

just so everyone knows even more of my personal business, my cancellation date called me yesterday and was very apologetic about the situation and asked if he could make it up to me. i was ready to kick him to the curb. but to be fair stuff happens sometimes that is unavoidable, so i said ok you make it up to me you you why you....so he did the saga continues...
meanwhile back t the ranch, me eliasalt whoever you are, you are a classic selfish little prick and i don't like you, grow up

Zyle 03-17-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eliasaltman
I like the excitement it's adding to my life. I'm sure it's also giving me the high amount of confidence it's soo hard to find these days. Maybe I'll even find someone else next week and be able to talk about this as a comedic stalker experience.
Think she's excited by it?

Think it's giving her much confidence?

I wonder if she'll find it so "comedic"?

Maybe she ACTUALLY LIKES YOU, (God knows why), but clearly if she got to know you better she'd realise what a jerk you are. Maybe you're doing her a favour.

You big selfish asshole.

Zyle 03-17-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nycwriters
Wait a minute folks. I think *part* of what this guy was saying was tongue in cheek.

I'm sure the girl existed, I'm sure he ignored her calls, but I believe the other stuff was just "one-upmanship" in this debate.

I hope you're right Peg, and for once I hope I was wrong in my judgment.

Otherwise he is a BIG asshole rather than just a small one.

rmr 03-17-2003 03:15 PM

hehehehe....but i find the little trouble maker amusing!!

Red Princess 03-17-2003 03:19 PM

nyc, i appreciate your concern, than you. from what he was telling me sunday i believe that he knows he is lucky and that he almost went out with the trash. no sense in beating him up over it, i believe him and i am not easily snowed, been downthat road before
anyway i am glad i am not the only one who thinks eliassaltman is bahving badly, he can come back anytime and explain himself. tell us he was only kidding, but if he was only baiting us to get a reaction then he is still a jerk

bealeblues 03-17-2003 03:25 PM

laughing at trouble

rmr 03-17-2003 03:26 PM

laughing at beale, laughing at trouble

Red Princess 03-17-2003 03:27 PM

laughing at the whole thing and glad i don't live in utah

bealeblues 03-17-2003 03:36 PM

lauging at rimsey lauging at me while i laugh at trouble

Red Princess 03-17-2003 03:37 PM

calls for a new thread, no?
let us all laugh at the silliness on the world

eliasaltman 03-18-2003 11:52 PM

Red Princess 03-18-2003 11:58 PM

i reiterate my previous statements adding only that we are not bitter just tired of stupidity

eliasaltman 03-19-2003 12:01 AM

well rounded

This is really a topic we should be having clear conversation about, not just a negative comment every couple of minutes. There is a lot to learn from each of our opinions and I'd like for someone else to give a little more. hfys

priceyfatprude 03-19-2003 12:44 AM

No phone call = no thanks

I would rather have that than have someone lead me on.

I went thru this w/a guy who had a thing for me. I made it clear to him that I was not, nor would i ever be, interested in him that way. He said that was ok, we could still be friends. I didn't see how that could be possible, but I took his calls & tried to be his friend. Somehow, how much he wanted to bang me would creep into every conversation. (surprise, surprise)

I stopped taking his calls. Granted, I'm not usually home when he calls, but I feel that returning his call would give him that glimmer of hope that he needs to keep pursuing me.

And I don't feel that's fair to him. I'd never have sex with him, and it's impossible to spend time w/him as he's in Philly & I'm here. But even if we were in the same city, it would be counterproductive. I'm not interested in him that way. Period. Hanging out w/him or keeping up contact w/him would only be giving him false hope.

Some of my friends said I should tell him point blank exactly why he shouldn't call me anymore. While I can see the point in that, I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to be called up & told
a) how undesireable you are
b) exactly WHY someone doesn't want to go out w/you

No one needs their shortcomings listed for them, in detail. That's just wrong.

rmr 03-19-2003 12:51 AM

Elias you are a trip!!

eliasaltman 03-19-2003 01:04 AM

first time for everything

be sure that I don't plan on making a habit of ending relationships in this way--it's just like I said, the possibility of that coming up in conversation would be worth avoiding the call all together. I might mention, again that I recieved a call early enough in the morning to wake me up and then shortly thereafter.. another call. truthfully it kinda freaked me out. and again, the two calls late that night didn't help it any.

priceyfatprude 03-19-2003 01:10 AM

Yes. It was the 4am phone call, along w/the previous call I received @ 1:30am that sealed the nail in the coffin.

eliasaltman 03-19-2003 01:41 AM

we're not going to hell

I'd like to think that I'm not responsible for the fragile confidence of my every acquantance. I hadn't spent enough time with the person to feel at all invested in a relationship. Respect and attraction weren't present in the time spent. Simply making that many calls in a day and continuing is disrespectful to yourself. If anything, as a result of this she raised her standards and tolerance against those who obviously don't care for her.

eliasaltman 03-19-2003 01:50 AM

nyc, cute.. as I have said earlier, yes. and don't even try to come around on this one, you're ego just won't stand for it.

eliasaltman 03-19-2003 02:18 AM

nyc -> "Interesting how you proffer such choice of words."

fluff it up, nyc.. check your usage of 'proffer'--someone check me but I think the above line is pretty weak. What did you mean by it anyway?

eliasaltman 03-19-2003 02:27 AM

noxxville 03-19-2003 02:28 AM

waffling
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): waf·fled; waf·fling /-f(&-)li[ng]/
Etymology: frequentative of obsolete woff to yelp, of imitative origin
Date: 1868
1 : EQUIVOCATE, VACILLATE; also : YO-YO, FLIP-FLOP
2 : to talk or write foolishly : BLATHER