ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Makes Sense To Me" News Story Of The Day (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=10848)

rmr 01-11-2007 01:03 PM

"Makes Sense To Me" News Story Of The Day

Man shoots friend in argument over height of late soul singer James Brown

Jan 11 10:29 AM US/Eastern

ATMORE, Ala. (AP) - A man shot a friend when the two got into an argument over James Brown's height, police said.
Dan Gulley Jr. was charged with assault in the shooting of David James Brooks Jr., police said. Officers said the men were at a friend's home on Monday when, according to witnesses, the argument over the height of the late "Godfather of Soul" escalated, with Gulley, 70, shooting Brooks, 62, twice in the abdomen.

Brooks went to his car, got a gun and shot at Gulley but missed, then went to the police station, officers said.

Gulley also went to the station and told police he had shot Brooks. He remained in the Escambia County Jail on Wednesday.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, but information on his condition was not available.

The Mobile, Ala., Press-Register newspaper said officers did not believe alcohol was a factor in the argument.

Brown, who was known to wear lifts, died of heart failure Dec. 25 at age 73. Accounts of his height vary.

bealeblues 01-11-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Accounts of his height vary.
at least the article clears up the controversy. :rolleyes:

rmr 01-11-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

who was known to wear lifts
^^

zero 01-12-2007 09:27 AM

MORRISSEY, famed for penning some of British pop music's most melancholy songs, is being lined up to represent Britain in the Eurovision song contest, usually seen as a celebration of all things kitsch and trite.

The former lead singer of The Smiths, whose hits include That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore and Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, revealed he wanted to take part after Britain's disappointing performance last year.

"Morrissey expressed an interest way back last year in writing for the contest and since then we have been in talks with him," a BBC spokeswoman said today.

She said no decision had yet been made and there were also discussions with other artists taking place. It was also unclear whether Morrissey would perform or merely write the song.

Britain's entry last year, rapper Daz Sampson, came only 19th out of 24 countries, faring slightly better than Jemini's 2003 offering which failed to win a single vote.

Finnish rockers Lordi, attired in monster-themed costumes, were the surprise winners with Hard Rock Hallelujah, watched by an estimated 100 million viewers across Europe.

The contest that launched the careers of ABBA and Celine Dion is regarded in Britain as something of a joke, because it traditionally attracted entrants with strange hairstyles and over-the-top outfits, singing cheesy songs with catchy choruses.

It would seem an unlikely platform for Morrissey whose angst-ridden lyrics won The Smiths an army of fans during the 1980s.

rmr 01-12-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
^^

zero 01-12-2007 10:06 AM

UPDATE - here's last years winner:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...23101377514296

obviously that's going to hard for morrisoney to top but i'm pretty sure if anyone can do it morrisoney's the man for the job

rmr 01-12-2007 11:03 AM

holy jesus god

12"razormix 01-12-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero
Morrissey is being lined up to represent Britain in the Eurovision song contest

he's finally gone soft in the head :)

zero 01-12-2007 11:21 AM

:mad: who me??

rmr 01-12-2007 11:24 AM

if the shoe fits

12"razormix 01-12-2007 11:36 AM

:D

Lizzard 01-12-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmr
Brown, who was known to wear lifts, died of heart failure Dec. 25 at age 73. Accounts of his height vary.

I feel bad. even in death he didn't get an answer to the debate...:(

zero 01-12-2007 12:29 PM

♪♪my heart goes boombangabingbangbong
ding ding ding ding dangadong
♪♪

Lizzard 01-12-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero
♪♪my heart goes boombangabingbangbong
ding ding ding ding dangadong
♪♪

Lol, everyone wants to dance like that.