ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FAST CHAT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   In this thread we are taken aback (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=15098)

topcat 06-23-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 389705)
those are not good boobs. i am taken aback by the ungoodness.

is there really such a thing as bad boobs?

trisherina 06-23-2008 03:06 AM

:eek:

auntie aubrey 06-23-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcat (Post 389708)
is there really such a thing as bad boobs?

yes.

auntie aubrey 06-23-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightpearl (Post 386022)

this thread gave me kafka dreams last night. i dreamed i was in line at a cafeteria and there was a section of crazy mushrooms that looked just like the ones in this picture. the weird thing was, the mushrooms had limited intelligence and could move by themselves in a predatory way. so as people were walking past they were writhing and stretching out and trying to grab people like venus fly traps. the line stopped and i was stuck by the mushrooms for a while and i kept having to jump and dodge to avoid getting grabbed. at one point they got ahold of the hem of my shirt and i had to yank it free. it made a suctioning sound as i freed myself. then one of the mushroom caps launched itself at me and chased me around the room. finally i found my cell phone and shot a few minutes of video so i could come post it here. i woke up before i could post it, though, so i apologize for the absence of this media proof.

also, the creepiest part was that the mushroom stems made these squelchy squirming noises as they writhed and moved.

i was taken aback by this dream.

topcat 06-23-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie aubrey (Post 389754)

yes.

i stand corrected and i am taken aback

auntie aubrey 06-23-2008 04:46 PM

bad boobs are an affront so it's natrual to be taken aback.

lukkucairi 07-02-2008 12:36 PM

"The patients are happy. They’ve kept their worms, and I get an e-mail a day from people all over the world who want to be infected."

auntie aubrey 07-02-2008 01:28 PM

^ and in 10 years when he's undergoing chemotherapy for metastatic cancer he'll wish he hadn't "turned off" his immune system.

trisherina 07-03-2008 02:19 AM

We use immunosuppressants by the bucketload today to treat a host of conditions. There are many good reasons for suppressing the immune response. Though I personally would say no to worms.

Marcus Bales 07-03-2008 08:57 AM

Yeah, we don't say "Headache? Eat a willow tree". Isn't the point of modern medicine to try to extract the active ingredient or, even better, synthesize it?

auntie aubrey 07-03-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisherina (Post 390971)
We use immunosuppressants by the bucketload today to treat a host of conditions. There are many good reasons for suppressing the immune response. Though I personally would say no to worms.

true. and the long term health effects include a lovely variety of side effects, including cancer. this is especially true for people who have had an organ transplant and must use immunosuppressants as maintenance drugs. the cancer risk skyrockets. and even the mild side effects can include things like dramatic weight gain typically in the belly area, which medical research has shown to dramatically increase the risk of heart disease.

it just doesn't seem like a good idea to deliberately reduce the a normal body's ability to defend itself based on what sounds like a fairly unscientific research method.

Frieda 07-03-2008 10:58 AM

i think it's a good alternative for people that need immune suppressants to have a long term.. not for hay fever or cat hair allergies.

i've used prednisone for chronic bronchitis a couple of times and once for an abdominal infection. the belly weight gain you're referring to is usually a shift of weight from the butt&thighs to the belly. i gained weight in the end, but only because i had become way too skinny dealing with the bronchitis for months on end. sure prednisone can be dangerous, but chronic bronchitis was way more dangerous in my case. i came pretty close to dying.

would i try worms? hell no.

trisherina 07-03-2008 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The very safe use of immunosuppressants is common as dirt, though if you happen to be unwell and would like to be well again, TANSTAAFL. My rheumatologist would be surprised, nay, taken aback to hear that the decades of research and long term clinical use of immunosuppressants in roughly half of the conditions he treats is unscientific, as would CMAJ, JAMA, and the BMJ. Here are the side effects at age 43 after eight years of continuous use, my God the horror! :p

auntie aubrey 07-03-2008 11:49 AM

i'm not sure how i managed to create the impression that i'm on a worldwide campaign against the use of all immunosuppressants for all purposes. :rolleyes:

Frieda 07-03-2008 12:21 PM

i am taken aback by the hotness of trishies legs. she does look like her avatar :eek: