ZEFRANK.COM - message board

ZEFRANK.COM - message board (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/index.php)
-   FICTION PROJECT (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Guilt-Free Communal Limericks (http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin_new/showthread.php?t=9989)

ambo 09-17-2006 07:43 PM

Guilt-Free Communal Limericks

WHAT? Another limerick thread? Oh well, how can one more hurt?

These will be your garden variety limericks.
One line per post.

Have a perfect line? Feel free. Not so perfect? Oh, go ahead.
Edited to add: It is understood that everyone here is trying to write limericks that rhyme and have the correct meter. We may not always get it exactly right, but at least we can try, and have a bit of fun. This doesn't mean that we try to write the worst limerick lines possible - for that perhaps someone would like to create a Bad Limericks thread :D

Posts in this thread are not eligible for open critique.
Edited to add: By this I mean that it should be assumed that not all writers here feel comfortable having their contributions publicly criticized. You can of course always offer your constructive criticsm using the PM function.

ambo 09-17-2006 07:44 PM

My panda has eaten my sweater

Avalon 09-17-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambo

*MUAH*
:)

Coffee 09-18-2006 05:08 AM

the one with the big orange letter

Zatoichi 09-18-2006 10:40 AM

And now there are big orange fuzzies in her poop

Avalon 09-18-2006 11:20 AM

Some so big they won't fit in the scoop

ambo 09-18-2006 11:53 AM

Some so big they won't fit in the scoop
But I don't think she's ever smelled better

Coffee 09-18-2006 05:34 PM

I need a new low interest card

Zatoichi 09-18-2006 06:01 PM

The kind that they advertise with Vikings pillaging.

ambo 09-18-2006 06:45 PM

So I can buy a ton of lard

Coffee 09-18-2006 07:26 PM

a new tennis racket

ambo 09-18-2006 07:45 PM

a new tennis racket
a woolen jacket

Coffee 09-18-2006 10:02 PM

a new tennis racket
a woolen jacket:
It's my list! Don't call me "retard".

Marcus Bales 09-18-2006 10:30 PM

They'll ask me what's in MY wallet

ambo 09-19-2006 01:18 AM

This isn't going to be a war

Marcus Bales 09-19-2006 08:22 AM

They'll ask me what's in MY wallet
"This isn't going to be a war,"
I'll say, and they'll reply "Nope, it's just a limerick."

Avalon 09-19-2006 11:53 AM

Someone here is a very poor sport

Zatoichi 09-19-2006 12:22 PM

Hmph. And it was sporting to ignore my line?

topcat 09-19-2006 12:32 PM

and i always thought mon was the biggest pompous ass on this board. silly me

Avalon 09-19-2006 12:32 PM

I am of the mind that Ambo doesn't care about correct syllables, but rhyming seems to be the way to go as all of the rules were not tossed in the crapper. Bales is just being a spoiled brat..what is your reason to pout?

ambo 09-19-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatoichi
Hmph. And it was sporting to ignore my line?

You came here deliberately to ruin the limericks in this thread. You did it in such an obvious way that to feign insult now is laughable.

You have FOUR limerick threads in which to write PERFECT limericks with your buddy, Marcus. Isn't that enough for you?

I created this thread so that people could write limericks without fear of humiliation for less than perfect lines. Why does this bother you so much that you feel the need to stalk this thread with the sole intent of ruining everyone else's fun?

ambo 09-19-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon
I am of the mind that Ambo doesn't care about correct syllables, but rhyming seems to be the way to go as all of the rules were not tossed in the crapper. Bales is just being a spoiled brat..what is your reason to pout?

Well, I'm not sure I was thinking about the rules that exactly. I just wanted us to have fun and not pick on each other. I apologize for not being clearer. I have amended the thread rules to be more specific. Hope this helps.

funkytuba 09-19-2006 03:30 PM

I have bought an azure pair of sneakers

Coffee 09-19-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

By TopCat
and i always thought mon was the biggest pompous ass on this board. silly me
No shit...

What is it with some "literary artists", especially amateur/hobbiest ones, that they turn into pompous, arrogant, selfish, mean spirited arseholes after a year or so on this board?

I think we need a visual and graphic arts section so Me and Audrey can experiment with turning into a total ****tards.:p

Cuz right now I can't think of any good reason I would want to pick on someone who can only draw stick figures. Perhaps if we had a section to post "real art" in I might come to hate and resent stick figure drawers and I might find myself compelled to humiliate them simply because they "aren't as good as me" at drawing stuff.

Naaaaa...my parents raised me to not be an asshole to other people unless they treat me or my friends poorly.
They also raised me to be grateful for my gifts, to share them when possible, and to not hold myself higher than other people...other people who actually have their own gifts, even if they are not the same as my gifts.

^^^Is that a difficult concept to grasp for a "writer"?

Coffee 09-19-2006 03:35 PM

for better footing on the teak, Sirs

funkytuba 09-19-2006 03:42 PM

but my deck's really slick

Coffee 09-19-2006 03:59 PM

cuz a seagull got sick

Marcus Bales 09-19-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambo
You came here deliberately to ruin the limericks in this thread. You did it in such an obvious way that to feign insult now is laughable.

Your position has been that you CAN'T "ruin the limericks" by doing goofy crappy lines instead of paying attention to what makes a limerick a limerick. So it is entirely within the spirit of your own rules that whenever anyone doesn't want to bother to do any work in order to "have fun" on this board, they can come to your "limerick" thread and post any sort of garbage and call it a limerick line.

You don't like it that people come to your "limerick" thread and "ruin" your limericks? What kind of wah-wah-wah hypocrisy is THAT? You're now taking exactly the same position I took, and pretending that it's right for you but not right for me?

If you can't do it, then have a sense of humor about being criticized when you can't do it. Learn from those more proficient than you. Start enjoying the real point of the limerick form, which is that it's HARD and defeating the difficulties is part of the fun.

But if you start a whole thread to write bad limerick lines you can hardly take the position that writing bad limerick lines is not welcome! Bad limerick lines is the POINT of your thread. Well, then, we'll help you write bad lines.

Cheers! And thanks for a good laugh at your expense.

Avalon 09-19-2006 06:12 PM

Oh SNAP :rolleyes:

You have gone out of your way to prove you are an ass.

ambo 09-19-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
Your position has been that you CAN'T "ruin the limericks" by doing goofy crappy lines instead of paying attention to what makes a limerick a limerick. So it is entirely within the spirit of your own rules that whenever anyone doesn't want to bother to do any work in order to "have fun" on this board, they can come to your "limerick" thread and post any sort of garbage and call it a limerick line.

You don't like it that people come to your "limerick" thread and "ruin" your limericks? What kind of wah-wah-wah hypocrisy is THAT? You're now taking exactly the same position I took, and pretending that it's right for you but not right for me?

If you can't do it, then have a sense of humor about being criticized when you can't do it. Learn from those more proficient than you. Start enjoying the real point of the limerick form, which is that it's HARD and defeating the difficulties is part of the fun.

But if you start a whole thread to write bad limerick lines you can hardly take the position that writing bad limerick lines is not welcome! Bad limerick lines is the POINT of your thread. Well, then, we'll help you write bad lines.

There is no sense in explaining to you, Marcus, why what you are doing here and what I was doing in the other threads is DIFFERENT. You will NEVER understand my point of view because you can only hear yourself talk. How boring your life must be.

I have edited my thread rules. They state plainly that this is NOT a thread for writing bad limerick lines. So sorry you totally misunderstood the point of this thread. Better luck in your next life.

ambo 09-19-2006 06:49 PM

cuz a seagull got sick
No doubt from the sight of those streakers

Audreyvgs 09-19-2006 07:17 PM

I remember what Madelaine said
when suddenly took to her bed
He offered her prayer,
she looked up and glared
No, i think you should drop dead