View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #14
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

i do think that its kinda interesting that you just come here and say you can answer all of our questions...you came at the right time. theres lots of questions here.

According to the Bible: Dinosaurs existed around 6,000 years ago. The Bible tells us that God created different kinds of land animals on day six of creation week (Gen. 1:24–25). As dinosaurs were land animals, this must have included the dinosaur kinds.

this is what i found out from my research about why Dinos arent mentioned in the Bible....I know what yer thinking.. "if people saw dinosaurs, you would think ancient historical writings, such as the Bible, should mention them" But something to consider as well the King James Version was first translated in 1611. Some people think that because the word ‘dinosaur’ is not found in this, or other translations--- the Bible does not mention dinosaurs.

But it was not until 1841 that the word ‘dinosaur’ was invented. Sir Richard Owen, a famous British anatomist and first superintendent of the British museum on viewing the bones of Iguanodon and Megalosaurus, realized these represented a unique group of reptiles that had not yet been classified. He coined the term ‘dinosaur’ from Greek words meaning ‘terrible lizard.’ So... one would not expect to find the word ‘dinosaur’ in the King James Bible—the word did not exist when the translation was done.

2 examples of dinosaurs in the Bible... BEHEMOTH and LEVIATHAN:
Behold now behemoth, which I made with you; he eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the muscles of his belly. He moves his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his thighs are knit together. His bones are like tubes of bronze; his limbs are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: his maker brings near his sword.’ (Job 40:15–19)

Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? his teeth are terrible round about. His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. One is so near to another, that no air can come between them. They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth. The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved. His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone. The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon. He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble. Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear. Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. (from Job 41)
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote