View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #6138
Brynn
constantly amazed

That was a day when I talked to strangers I had never talked to before in my neighborhood. I lost a big fear of talking to strangers in general that day, as a matter of fact. It's just not a problem for me anymore.
As the buildings collapsed on live TV - and I can't believe that I am the only idiot on earth to admit this out loud - my mind involuntarily flashed on the Death Star pulverizing Alderon, then I immediately felt ashamed for thinking of Star Wars. But a vacuum open up inside me and I felt like something in me was being crushed lifeless too. It's the closest thing to true horror I have ever felt.
I hadn't equated the years-long depression I felt that followed with 9/11 per se, but I do find it strange to realize how much lighter I finally feel this year, the same year that Osama bin Laden was captured and killed. And I don't know what to think about that - feeling better that someone is dead now.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote