View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:36 AM   #9
Brynn
constantly amazed

Half of it is realizing while you're dreaming that you are dreaming. According to the guy in Waking Life one good way to tell if you're dreaming is to walk over to one of the walls and try to turn the lights off and on. If you can't manipulate the light in the dream, then you know you're dreaming.

My re-occurring disturbing dream has to do with a house that I've found. Over the course of several dreams, I have found many different secret rooms in this house that I've opened up and found in a state of terrible filth and disrepair. Over the course of time, I gradually manage to renovate these rooms into useable, beautiful spaces. Each time I dream this, there is more and more progress. I'm particularly proud of a grand staircase that I've transformed with many beautiful murals, etc., or a great hall full of beautiful gold leaf.
The only room that I can't have any effect on at all is, architecturally, the best room in the house. It's a bedroom with a beautiful, huge bank of windows that looks out over a garden - filled with sunlight and lots of floor space and high ceilings. It's great. The moment I see it, I fall in love with it and want to move in immediately.
Unfortunately, the moment I walk in, the air becomes oppressive, cold, the hair goes up on the back of my neck, and I know that something absolutely horrible and evil and invisible is in the room. It's furnished rather shabbily with things from the nineteenth century. I can't breathe. I'm afraid to move about in the room, and any movement at all seems to provoke something terrible. I have to back out, and the dream is over.
Each time I dream this (dozens of times by now) I keep trying, and something inside the room becomes more and more violent. Once, I peered in and it looked as if I'd actually done some work on the room, but a rotten corpse resting on a heap of rags in the middle of it rose up, and a horrible, old, red-haired, haggard prostitute (perhaps an alternate future version of myself) rose up and looked me in the eye, smoking a cigarette. I say "You have to get out of here in the name of Jesus. You have to go! I plead the blood of Jesus - so get out of here - you have to go!" Usually in other dreams, this works.
She answers, rolling her eyes "Yeah, yeah, go ahead. The blood of Jesus, the blood of Jesus - I know all about the blood of Jesus," as she takes another drag off her cigarette.
This completely unnerves me, and shaking, I'm forced to leave the room. The room is some kind of impenetrable stronghold. The last time I dreamed this, I managed to make my way over to the bed and sit on it. Suddenly the room is filled with ghostly figures - all from the nineteenth century. They are all standing very still, like statues, and yet seem to get closer and closer to the bed. Something terrible is going to happen, and I wake up.
Good times.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote