Thread: ELF & ALF
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 03:39 PM   #5
ambo
feline, naturally

well if what you say is true (and i don't know that it is), there would seem to be a discrepancy between what they say they do and what actually happens. i was defending their mission statement, which seems fine to me. i don't know any other way to protect animals from abuse than to remove the institutions that abuse them....

as for your last statement, to whit:
"I think you cure the abuses to humans and it will follow with better lives for animals"

this is fuzzy logic in its purest form. humans have always used animals for whatever purpose they deemed necessary. better conditions for humans will not translate into better conditions for animals. animals are simply not considered important, and that is why organizations like this need to exist - to remind humans that there are other forms of life on this planet that have every bit as much right to exist as we do.

Last edited by ambo : 09-15-2003 at 03:42 PM.
ambo is offline   Reply With Quote