Thread: Moving Forward
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Booalready
Sinner

It doesn't matter about the content. There are these things, assessments. They are already written and only need revising to address the digital community, usage, and skill set acquisition parts. And of course amazing and creative people to present the the initial material and then work the lesson through as learner/guide/resource person (better than teacher and addresses the grant).

Google "universal themes" than you will knock into a bunch of interdisciplinary ideas. Doesn't matter if they are for elementary age or retirement. A class has multiple skill levels and kids will have their own space and their own levels of progress within their proofs of mastery. All someone would have to do is figure out how they want to present it and what they learners to learn (authentic tasks) and how they will assess that learning. Certainly, content development should go along side other things but without the space it's moot.

The most important part, the part this idea cannot go forward without.

WHO CAN CREATE THE SPACE?

If those special talents are not present then the only way I can see it move forward to the content stage is to use an existing environment with hopes of finding someone to make a custom dedicated environment later.

There is one that can be altered to the purpose but I do not know if simply using someone else's created space to carve out an learning environment will fulfill the grant. Is it cheating to do that?

If it is not, using Xanga and employing these features: Friends lock, protected posting, blog rings subscriptions along with the normal blogs space features would skip the timeline ahead for content creators and they could go there and begin figuring how and what to present as well as how to use the space.

This would free content creators to work individually or in smaller groups. And the more variety of content the better to figure out what works well and appeals to kids and what doesn't. If anyone needed help creating evaluation tools, there are several people here who could team up for that process and have it knocked out and written up in hours.

Also, there is a wiki bank of presentations that could easily have assignments for mastery attached to them too. And one hell of a charismatic presenter. If someone wanted to focus on the assessment and evaluation stuff alone, he or she could use a public post from The Show, add the assessment as a follow-up activity, describe the learning goals of it, and pow, a kick ass lesson.

Permission is needed no? I'm not sure i usually just ask forgiveness.

Xanga mostly free but there's ads. It's not accessible from schools though. So in order to have volunteer learners give input, they would need outside access.

I have some ideas about how to get the learners, and their skill levels are super varied. I advise the Anime Club. They have at risk among them and they usually have access at home. Certainly others have ideas about that.

Really, if you wanna. I can create and outline of areas to address and people who have killer ideas about content could begin/continue whooping ass.

And the grant writing could begin and it needs to begin right quick because whomever is doing it has timelines to address and present as well as evaluations to describe and write 1000 words to explain it all.

It will seem limited in scope at first but the implications are enormous and the space would evolve to encompass all types of learning and learners eventually.

Last edited by Booalready : 08-25-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Booalready is offline   Reply With Quote