View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 01:24 AM   #1
nathanshor

the magical duck

I don’t know anything more relaxing than waking up on a warm Sunday morning, when homework isn’t on my mind, and the sunlight is so bright and pleasant you can choke on it.

I yawn a deep and final yawn, look at my old and grubby watch, get up out of bed, and spot a duck. Baffled as I am, I shake my head hoping it was only the Sunday-morning excitement. I still see the duck.

“Hi,” I say quizzically.

“Oh no, no, no,” said the duck with a mixture of a British and I-don’t-quite-know kind of accent, “You must never say ‘hi’, only ‘hello’.”

Not knowing what to say, I reply like a typical person in the situation of a magical duck suddenly appearing, commenting on their speech, “Okay…”

“My god, not in that tone, old lad,” said the duck nonchalantly, “now go brush up, and eat your breakfast.”

I stare at the duck for a couple of seconds, then follow the duck’s instructions as if he were my mother. I get a death-look from the duck, signaling me to hurry up. As I walk to the restroom, a turtle appeared out of nowhere.

“Where have you been Brewster, I have been looking all over for you,” said the turtle to the duck, “and who is your friend here?”

“This is John,” replied the duck.

Trying to get a hold of myself, I state, “I am Nathan!”

“Oh no, no, no, John is much, much better,” said the duck.

The turtle ponders, trying to make up his mind, “Well, then John, I’m sorry, but Brewster here is late for our appointment.”

“Okay…” I say.

Immediately the turtle lifts up its head saying, “Uhh, do you have to say it in such a rude tone? Now go brush up, and eat your breakfast.”

Adding to that, the duck says, “That’s exactly what I told John.”