View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 05:09 PM   #18
Brynn
constantly amazed

^ Doing what seems impossible is what God's all about.
I just heard a story this morning from Ray Johnston, who was bothered by the discrepancy in quality between the schools in the suburbs in his area, versus the inner-city schools. He decided that every single five-year-old in his area should have the same leg up as anyone else. So he convinced every pastor in his area to close the doors of their churches for one Sunday and brought them all together in the Arco Arena in the Bay Area for worship together. They took up a collection from thousands of people and managed to raise enough money for two public schools (who had nothing but black top for playgrounds) to get outfitted with massive, state-of-the-art playgrounds. The principal from one of the schools was skeptical that this was done with no strings attached - nobody does anything like that without an agenda. But that's exactly what happened.
They are going to continue to do this once a year.

Trish, that's a great story - a Bible from a person like that is such an incredible gift. Your "short answer" made me laugh out loud - been there!
I'm impressed with the way you are supporting your daughter in what she wants to do, and making sure she gets the whole picture as well. She sounds like a strong, confident young lady.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote