View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #36
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

M'kay. One kinda creepy thing and one kinda nice thing. I tend to think these things are my subconscious toying with me, but I'm enjoying reading everyone else's stuff, so why not?

A while back I was watching a show about a haunted house with my husband, or rather he was watching and I was knitting or something and half listening. They took a professed psychic around all the rooms, and he gave impressions of who he felt in each one. When they got to one room in particular, my eyes and mouth started to water...that happens from time to time for a reason unknown to me, and I prefer not to think about it too much!! At the end of the show, they went back through and relayed the actual known history of who had died in various rooms. When they got to that one bedroom, I said, "Oh, that's the one that made my eyes water -- the one with the angry man." My husband said, "No, he said it was a little girl." I disagreed, sure I'd heard the psychic talk about a ticked off guy who was stuck there, but they replayed what he'd said, and he reported seeing a sweet little girl who had died of consumption or whatever. The show went on to say there was no known little girl who had died there, but a man who had failed out of medical school had come home and slit his own throat in there. The psychic never mentioned an angry man in any of the rooms. I have to say that gave me pause.

The other...Several years ago a dear friend of mine died suddenly, at 30. We were in grad school together, and she used to jokingly call me her advisor because we talked about it so much, but she helped me at least as much as the other way 'round. A few months after her death, I had to make a really tough decision about school, and after agonizing for days and really wishing I could talk to her, I finally bit the bullet and went with what I thought was best. I remember thinking that I hoped she was nodding her head in agreement. The next morning, I was standing in the shower when I remembered a dream I'd had the night before. I had become aware of talking and laughing with someone at a sort of party, but I didn't know who it was, couldn't see the face, didn't even know whether it was a man or a woman, but I was leaning toward man. I felt I should have known who it was and felt bad about it, so I asked, "Where are you from, anyway?" The person laughed, and clapped me on the back, and said gleefully, "Boston! BOSTON BAKED BEANS!"

I laughed myself, wondering what the hell that was all about, and then I thought about her. She used to dress up as a man at Halloween -- scary good at that, and trickster stuff in general. She was from Boston. And her last name was Bean. It's amazing I didn't slip and crack my head on the tub when it dawned on me. I don't know whether it was really her, but it made me feel better. She was awesome.

This is for you, S, wherever you are. You don't creep me out at all.
Love, Your advisor
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote