Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #27
earth worker
lukkucairi's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: on the planet
Posts: 5,844
try an ice pack

that always helped me. I've been stung zillions of times by all kinds of beeses and waspeses.

hornetses are the worst. those stings take three days to go away - at least for me they do.

if the burning is really bad and you can't sleep, fill a gallon jug with cold water and take it to bed (make sure it doesn't leak) - press the affected part up against the side of the jug and it'll quit burning long enough for you to get to sleep.

gallon jugs can be leaky these days. a nalgene bottle filled with ice and water works pretty well too.

this works with poison ivy rash as well.

Last edited by lukkucairi : 07-29-2007 at 08:02 PM.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote