View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 02:35 PM   #11
catbelly
monkey

http://www.canada.com/search/story.a...3-fd4b46ce9419

Here's a link to one of the stories, and here's a little blurb:

Quote:
Darrell Issa, the U.S. congressman who put $1.6 million into the recall campaign, told reporter Samantha Shatzky of BCTV News on Global that now that Schwarzenegger is in charge, California will start fighting again for film production work that has been such a boon to B.C.

"Vancouver, or as we call it down here, Hongcouver, they can fight for those jobs, but may the best province win.

"We think California's a better place to produce films and we're going to do everything we can to make it a more business-friendly environment, 'cause after all, people didn't go to Canada because you're nice, or you say 'eh' a lot, they went to Canada because you were able to offer them a good value," Issa said.

Patrick Wong, the MLA for Vancouver-Kensington, said the Republican congressman was doing Vancouver a favour by calling attention to the multicultural nature of society here.
I am assuming that this was not a huge issue in California... am I wrong? I hope so... I am not hopeful that it made *big* news, but I would think that someone would care enough to make a mini-stink at least?
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote