View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
The Duke
banned

Cindy Sheehan Calls it Quits

That’s right, our Chavez loving Progressive left symbol of absolute moral authority is finally calling it quits. It’s over and out, Johnny uh er I mean Cindy .

In another one of her whiny Daily Kos post suffering from egregious thesaurus abuse no less, , Cindy Sheehan continues to say that her son died for nothing,and now says that the anti-war movement is full of egomaniacs and lunatics (as if I never knew that one ) , and now all her dreams have been shattered. Daily Kos: ‘Good Riddance Attention Whore’.

Quote:
The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing. His precious lifeblood drained out in a country far away from his family who loves him, killed by his own country which is beholden to and run by a war machine that even controls what we think. I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful. Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives. It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most.

I have also tried to work within a peace movement that often puts personal egos above peace and human life. This group won’t work with that group; he won’t attend an event if she is going to be there; and why does Cindy Sheehan get all the attention anyway? It is hard to work for peace when the very movement that is named after it has so many divisions. ...

I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost. I will try to maintain and nurture some very positive relationships that I have found in the journey that I was forced into when Casey died and try to repair some of the ones that have fallen apart since I began this single-minded crusade to try and change a paradigm that is now, I am afraid, carved in immovable, unbendable and rigidly mendacious marble. ( uh right ....Shall we look that one up ? .ed)
Camp Casey has served its purpose. It’s for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford , Texas ? I will consider any reasonable offer. I hear George Bush will be moving out soon, too...which makes the property even more valuable.

This is my resignation letter as the “face” of the American anti-war movement. This is not my “Checkers” moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now.
Since she clearly dislikes the US of A , maybe Cindy should consider moving down to Venezuela ....She wouldn't have to be bothered with mastering the English language there, and besides Chavez would greet her with open arms and a smooch on the cheek , Why now we hear it's even raining rubber bullets and Tear Gas on all the TV lovers down there !

Last edited by The Duke : 06-19-2007 at 05:19 PM.