ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #3256
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
doundake - a period of time varying from a few hours to a few weeks, depending on the whim of the doundaker; from the Scots doun, decision + take; the consonant shift seems to have been alliterative.

"This Flanders, now," said the MacTrish, "is she a doundaker of overfine shagreen, who labors to find all the weeds in the garden before pulling any, or will she kedgeree with the best of them?"

"Nay," said McCoffee, "her doundrakin' is famous for its fairness."

"It's not her fairness," retorted the MacTrish, "it's her timing."

McCoffee nodded "I get you now -- and I have no idea whether she's eleemosynary or phanerogamous, but look at the propiolic tranche on her! Ow!"

"Keep your sexpartite speustics to yourself, then, and I won't have to crunchatize your mundifant bleathe again."

"Yes'm."

"And watch your tone, too -- I've got my eye on you, you estifogal blib."

"Yes'm."

"That's better."
Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #3257
xfox
slightly effective

doundake a highly intellectual form of dreaming, as in mid-summer.

Kathryn tossed easily as morning slipped away with her fantastic and marvelous thoughts of how this person and that person interacted through a labyrinth of pleasant doundake, the sun not quite at its zenith.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #3258
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

doundake - v. feeling a complex combination of emotions towards an absent mother-figure

Mama Jack, where did you scarper? We doundake you!
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #3259
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
doundake - a judgment re-assigned to another judge due to dilatory behavior by the first judge.

Sometimes the game can't go on without a doundake; any volunteers?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #3260
Coffee
Cheeses Save

It's Dead Jim!!!
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #3261
Marcus Bales

The Boring Old Reality Award goes to Henrietta's Herbal Page at http://www.henriettesherbal.com/ecle...ocephalus.html for

Doundake. Dundaki. Quinquina Africaine. Kina du Rio Nunez.—Sarcocephalus esculentus Afzel. (fam. Rubiaceae) of Africa yields a bark which is said to be an astringent and tonic febrifuge.

The So Unbelievably Lame Definition That It Looks Like An Attempt To Deliberately Lose Award, and a full size replica of a tin ear, goes to trisherina for

doundake: Among justices of the peace, a colloquial term meaning "to screw up an oath badly."

The Crippled Syllable Award, and a 2x4 with a nail through it, goes to YsaPur EsChomuw for

doundake - American spelling of down 'th' ache, a postcoital pain felt in the female nether regions, originally from: it hurts you 'down there'.

I'm not seeing that galligaskin again. Every time we shagreen he gives me doundake.

The Urban Dialect Award, and a FUBU outfit from BignTall Mens Clothing, goes to treekisser for

doundake(do-un-da-ke) n. 1. African slang expression used to insult the wearer of an article of clothing believed to be shabby, inadequate, or in poor taste. 2. An undergarment, often scanty and excessively ornate, designed to be worn under a dashiki. See schmata.

Where on earth did you dig up that doundake of a dress you are wearing, Jaimunda? Shakira's Secret?!

The Yellow Peril Award, and a Fu Manchu mustache, goes to Coffee for

doundake (Do'un-dok-e) Traditional greeting to a Chinese Harbor Pilot. Slang term for a Chinese Harbor Pilot.

Captain Coffee's welcome with a hearty "Doundake!" at the entrance to Hong Kong harbor was met with a less than enthusiastic reply from the harbor pilot "ya ya ya, I'm doing the dock e, yank e...pffft...I went to Oxford for THIS!".

The Horror Movie Close-up Just As You're Going To Sleep Award, and the empty can of WD-40 we used to fix the creaks in the stairs, goes to Stephi_B for

doundake n a warm, comfortable, protected feeling

adjective use: to be doundaked

thought to have entered the English language through the German word Daunendecke (eiderdown quilt)

I love this place, I'm doundaked even before I walk through the entrance.

The Footnote To Plato Award, and a body-cavity search, goes to Hyakujo's Fox for

doundake (n) In Ancient Greece, a pair of low crotched trousers worn by young philosophers.

Socrates could only laugh as he observed the young Plato quietly slip a scroll of Hippocrates Aphorisms into his doundake.

The Politically Incorrect Award, and a severe tongue-lashing by the lover of her choice, goes to YsaPur EsChomuw for

doundake n. African word for brideprice, the amount of cows that equals one woman.

Youssuf haggled over the doundake for Shakira over the period of two months, until he succeeded in reducing the price to half of the original sum, to his great satisfaction and to the great annoyance of his prospective in-laws.

The Cardinal Puff Award, and a photo of herself posed passed out drunk on Google Images, goes to YsaPur EsChomuw for

doundake – from the Greek ‘doundake’, meaning twelve: a Greek dance preformed by 12 male dancers, accompanied with bouzouki music and inordinate amount of ouzo drunk after each round. The one who manages to keep dancing the longest, becomes the doundake for the next year, and is held in high esteem among the male and female population alike.

Stavros, during his preparation for this year’s doundake festival, drunk himself unconscious and overslept the big day.

The Sucking Up To The Judge Award, and 9 cubic yards of topsoil dumped on her driveway, goes to Brynn for

doundake - a special hillock or berm in landscaping reserved specifically for annuals, usually located in the front yard at the base of a driveway.

"Oh, I see you've got a new doundake in front," her neighbor yammered in the hot sun as Blanche glanced down at her own sweaty, white-knuckled grip on her newly sharpened hoe. "Pity you went with the petunias, though. I've always thought of them as the "ruffled whores" of the garden, really. So big and bright and blousey, you know," she continued, instinctively backing away. "Your color scheme is so dramatic and different. I just put in some pink snaps, myself. Well, my landscaper did, ha ha. She's marvelous. Maybe she could give you some pointers!" She broke into a run across the lawn with Blanche after her.

The So Your Name Is Really Kathryn Award, and a personally-autographed copy of the complete plays of Shakespeare goes to xfox for

doundake a highly intellectual form of dreaming, as in mid-summer.

Kathryn tossed easily as morning slipped away with her fantastic and marvelous thoughts of how this person and that person interacted through a labyrinth of pleasant doundake, the sun not quite at its zenith.

The Coveted Second Place Award, The Recursion Award, and the time machine to use to reverse the effects of the other time machine, goes to seebe for

doundake - I'm not seeing that galligaskin again. Every time we shagreen he gives me doundake.

First Place, The More In Sorrow Than In Anger Award, and a monogrammed silk handerchief, go to YsaPur EsChomuw for

doundake - v. feeling a complex combination of emotions towards an absent mother-figure

Mama Jack, where did you scarper? We doundake you!

Take it away, Ysapur!

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 06-30-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #3262
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Oh... ÷... ‹...

I feel too embarrassed to find a long eloquent word now, so you'll have to do with this nice 'n' short beauty:

vernal
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #3263
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

vernal adj.

going for extremes: higher, deeper, faster, ...
(after the author Jules Verne)

v. to verne

When she walked out of the door she felt vernal, scanning the area for an immediate outlet to max herself out -- either verning now! or bursting right there on the doorstep.
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #3264
Marcus Bales

vernal - Fr.: vur NAHL - not very wet; desert-like; dry, dusty, dessicated

Her goodbye kiss was as brief as it was vernal
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #3265
Brynn
constantly amazed

Quote:
and 9 cubic yards of topsoil dumped on her driveway, goes to Brynn
yesssssssssssss!

vernal - the state of refusing to give a dam.

"He's vernal. We'll have to find another way to get the damn dam built."
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #3266
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Vernal

The time of year when Vern typically crosses the equator, usually in the spring on one of his frequent business trips to S. America.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #3267
xfox
slightly effective

vernal an acronym: Very Earthy Real New Awesome Love. A rad vernal is usually experienced during a particular season, and if it is very quiet, an audible creak occurs as it turns on the axis.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #3268
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
vernal (n) a polymer once employed in the country music record production due to the fact that recordings captured in this medium were found to be imbued with what has been described as a "cloying nasal twang" that became popular with aficionados following the 1929 recording of "She'll be in Frankfort by Now" by Verne McClucky and the Dewdrops.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #3269
Marcus Bales

vernal - frivolous, insincere, not Ernest.

Hey Vern, let's go waterboardin', know whut I mean?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #3270
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Vernal adj.
1. Of, relating to, or occurring in the spring.
2. Characteristic of or resembling spring.
3. Fresh and young; youthful.

OK, itís stifling hot and my mind refuses to cooperate, so no awards today. Youíll get some ice cream instead.

Stephi_B
vernal adj.going for extremes: higher, deeper, faster, ... (after the author Jules Verne) v. to verne
When she walked out of the door she felt vernal, scanning the area for an immediate outlet to max herself out -- either verning now! or bursting right there on the doorstep.

For your effort you get your
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
electrifying euphoria
in combination with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
flying pig
to make you go faster, higher etc.

Marcus Bales
vernal - Fr.: vur NAHL - not very wet; desert-like; dry, dusty, dessicated
Her goodbye kiss was as brief as it was vernal

Your definition merits you a lick of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
wet spot
to balance out the dry goodbye kiss, and also
Quote:
dog breath
to retain fond memories of the kiss.

Brynn
vernal - the state of refusing to give a dam.
"He's vernal. We'll have to find another way to get the damn dam built."

So what? Heís not to be blamed for that! May this state of mind remind you of the ice cream of your own making:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea N' Vanilla
Enjoy it together with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
Ain't No Mountain High Enough Tears O' Love and Desperation
Coffee
Vernal - The time of year when Vern typically crosses the equator, usually in the spring on one of his frequent business trips to S. America.

If you happen to accompany Vern on a business trip enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Drive by Shooting, with Copper Jacketed Lead Mushroom Chunks.
on your way.
And did I hear the word Ďspringí? That earns you a scoop of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
High Hopes and Dashed Expectations
xfox
vernal an acronym: Very Earthy Real New Awesome Love. A rad vernal is usually experienced during a particular season, and if it is very quiet, an audible creak occurs as it turns on the axis.

Aww, thatís so sweet! Enjoy your acronym kissing under melting&dripping
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfox View Post
Blue spruce & Holly
ice cream.

Hyakujo's Fox
vernal (n) a polymer once employed in the country music record production due to the fact that recordings captured in this medium were found to be imbued with what has been described as a "cloying nasal twang" that became popular with aficionados following the 1929 recording of "She'll be in Frankfort by Now" by Verne McClucky and the Dewdrops.

You really deserve a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
small electric shock
for this little nostalgic miracle. Savour it together with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
sweet jesus
Marcus Bales
vernal - frivolous, insincere, not Ernest.
Hey Vern, let's go waterboardin', know whut I mean?

Talk of insincerity, my ass! It only wins you a
Quote:
Zefrankless Dictionary Game
together with
Quote:
Hoyt
On second thoughts, letís make it triple-flavoured with the addition of
Quote:
Double Guano