ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > CURRENT EVENTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #151
Dorkahontas
monkey
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 82
I've not contributed to or commented on any of this...spectacle. I don't post an awful lot, but I do read a good bit here when I have the time, mainly because you guys are witty, funny, and entertaining. It's refreshing. It was interesting to observe the "invasion" and its fallout from an outside perspective, although I imagine it was and is frustrating as hell for the regulars here.

Anyway, in reading The Duke's posts, his writing style, doggedness, and zealotry have always reminded me strongly of something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. The light bulb came on today.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1053/1053_01.asp

There are tons more in this same vein on the site.

Having grown up in the Bible Belt, I've seen and been given these tracts my entire life. I can't believe it took this long for me to realize what that little niggling tickle in the back of my head was. I am profoundly thankful it was not one of those nasty bot fly things.

EDIT: This post was not intended as a slam to Christians of any persuasion, nor am I saying that The Duke has similar beliefs; merely that his writing style and MO is similar.

Last edited by Dorkahontas : 06-22-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Dorkahontas is offline  
Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #152
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl
 
madasacutsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Don't ask me , it's Freud , and it causes some people to actually think , while those who don't become absorbed with their own petty jealousy.
Trisherina is a little confused about Freud.
__________________
He really shatters the myth of white supremacy once and for all.
madasacutsnake is offline  
Old 06-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #153
craig johnston
dalai clique
 
craig johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
Posts: 5,609
it's frude dude!

__________________
the tea leaf family
craig johnston is offline  
Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #154
Brynn
constantly amazed
 
Brynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: in the labyrinth of shared happiness
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake View Post
Trisherina is a little confused about Freud.
__________________
1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.
3. Your foot will change direction.
Brynn is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #155
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist
 
sparticle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Actually Brynn, Cindy has done an excellent job of kicking herself in the arse , and disgracing her son .

When She made kissy,kissy with Chavez she sealed her fate , it was just a matter of time before her defamatory anti American behaviour got the better of her .

Now she has to live with it the rest of her miserable life ..and believe me Cindy's life will be miserable from here on in .

Oh well thats life in big city politics !

Maybe you would like to take up her torch ?
Thank God for the Internet. It keeps people like you indoors off the streets for at least a few hours a day, where you can't do any real damage nor bother anyone but people who are willing to waste time arguing with you.
__________________
There are few situations in life which wind up with you saying to yourself: "Gee, I wish I'd had worse manners there."

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #156
Gatsby
I used to be a girl
 
Gatsby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,152
Gatsby is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #157
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
The Loony Liberal Dicotomy Exposed: HuffPo Writer: At Least Hitler Meant Well

At the Huffington Post, your one-stop shop for leftist vitriol and deranged hatred, former Washington Post sportswriter and Seinfeld co-producer Peter Mehlman says the Bush administration is far worse than the world’s worst fascist dictators But...... At least the dictators meant well.

Quote:
So now we’re six and a half years into Bush and everyone from Helen Thomas on down is declaring him the worst president ever. What no one is saying is the one overarching reason he’s the worst: the Bush administration is the first that doesn’t even mean well.

With the possible exception of immigration reform — and who knows what grotesque financial incentive underlies that — try to pinpoint even one policy motivated by the desire to lessen human suffering, to improve the life of citizens. Nothing. There is nothing. ...

You could argue that even the world’s worst fascist dictators at least meant well. They honestly thought were doing good things for their countries by suppressing blacks/eliminating Jews/eradicating free enterprise/repressing individual thought/killing off rivals/invading neighbors, etc. Only the Saudi royal family is driven by the same motives as Bush, but they were already entrenched. Bush set a new precedent. He came into office with the attitude of “I’m so tired of the public good. What about my good? What about my rich friends’ good?”

How can anyone not see it? It’s not that their policies have been misguided or haven’t played out right. They. Don’t. Even. Mean. Well.

Better Read it Quick before Arriana pulls . or the Author decidedly changes it due to it's True Liberal reflectiveness
The Duke is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #158
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging
 
Hyakujo's Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 10,071
So I take it it's only loony vitriol and deranged hated only when they compare your President to mass murdering dictators?
Hyakujo's Fox is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #159
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
So I take it it's only loony vitriol and deranged hated only when they compare your President to mass murdering dictators?

No not really , Liberals show their Loony vitriol and deranged hatred in too many areas ....

Just disagree with a progressive liberal about anything under the sun whatsoever and see what they do .

In reality liberals don't even believe in free speech , or even the right for a person to think for themselves and have a difference in opinion .

Which is why they aren't even liberals in reality , they are Maoists , Marxists and Stalinists who have simply coined a new variation of labels for themselves to hide the fact of what they are really about , they use labels like Liberal , Leftist , and Progressive to hide the fact they are nothing more than intolerant communists.

Simply saying what I just said is enough to invoke a hate war with any Liberal ....they don't like their true intentions and agenda to be discovered !

Last edited by The Duke : 06-26-2007 at 02:05 AM.
The Duke is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #160
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist
 
sparticle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
No not really , Liberals show their Loony vitriol and deranged hatred in too many areas ....

Just disagree with a progressive liberal about anything under the sun whatsoever and see what they do .

In reality liberals don't even believe in free speech , or even the right for a person to think for themselves and have a difference in opinion .

Which is why they aren't even liberals in reality , they are Maoists , Marxists and Stalinists who have simply coined a new variation of labels for themselves to hide the fact of what they are really about , they use labels like Liberal , Leftist , and Progressive to hide the fact they are nothing more than intolerant communists.

Simply saying what I just said is enough to invoke a hate war with any Liberal ....they don't like their true intentions and agenda to be discovered !
I'm a liberal, I've been reading along since mid-June, and I don't agree with much of anything you said. So, you're disagreeing with me about virtually everything under the sun. So, let's "see what I do".

I think it goes something like this: It's a free country/free Internet, and if you want to entertain yourself spewing apocryphal invective about people you don't know and situations of which you have an apparently biased view, that's your right.

Therefore, I'm paying you no more mind than I would someone who shouts in the street that the world ends tomorrow, or that he is selling bananas for forty cents a pound, or that God is dead.

They have a right to shout it, and I have a right to ignore it. That's the beauty of Democracy.

So, let's see -- any "loony vitriol" or "true agenda" revealed in my response/post? Not really. I don't like you, I don't agree with you, and I don't think anything is to be accomplished by arguing with you, so I choose to ignore you.

Cheers.
__________________
There are few situations in life which wind up with you saying to yourself: "Gee, I wish I'd had worse manners there."

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #161
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues
 
Audreyvgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: on Yur Last Nerve, huh?
Posts: 5,412
Incredibly Well Said!

Audreyvgs is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #162
trisherina
meretricious dilettante
 
trisherina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,068
Make it blackberries at forty cents a pound, and I'm all ears!
trisherina is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #163
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparticle View Post
I'm a liberal, I've been reading along since mid-June, and I don't agree with much of anything you said. So, you're disagreeing with me about virtually everything under the sun. So, let's "see what I do".

I think it goes something like this: It's a free country/free Internet, and if you want to entertain yourself spewing apocryphal invective about people you don't know and situations of which you have an apparently biased view, that's your right.

Therefore, I'm paying you no more mind than I would someone who shouts in the street that the world ends tomorrow, or that he is selling bananas for forty cents a pound, or that God is dead.

They have a right to shout it, and I have a right to ignore it. That's the beauty of Democracy.

So, let's see -- any "loony vitriol" or "true agenda" revealed in my response/post? Not really. I don't like you, I don't agree with you, and I don't think anything is to be accomplished by arguing with you, so I choose to ignore you.

Cheers.
You are not telling me anything new , ....thank you for your input , it must be a tough life for you , never having eaten a single banana in your lifetime

I never asked you to like me so don't worry about me , I won't crumble at that news .... but believe me , I won't stoop to hatred either .

You may not like me which is fine , but I will never hate you nor anyone else because of it .

In reality you aren't even up for an argument with me ,beause I believe you couldn't handle it , and actually you even admitted to this same fact yourself , right here , just now !

and don't forget , Ignorance is bliss ....so have a happy !


Thanks !

Last edited by The Duke : 07-08-2007 at 03:05 AM.
The Duke is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 03:08 AM   #164
The Duke
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "Somewhere In the Space Time Continuum"
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
So I take it it's only loony vitriol and deranged hated only when they compare your President to mass murdering dictators?

CONTEXT !
The Duke is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #165
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist
 
sparticle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
You are not telling me anything new , ....thank you for your input , it must be a tough life for you , never having eaten a single banana in your lifetime

I never asked you to like me so don't worry about me , I won't crumble at that news .... but believe me , I won't stoop to hatred either .

You may not like me which is fine , but I will never hate you nor anyone else because of it .

In reality you aren't even up for an argument with me ,beause I believe you couldn't handle it , and actually you even admitted to this same fact yourself , right here , just now !

and don't forget , Ignorance is bliss ....so have a happy !


Thanks !
I never said I couldn't handle it. I said I didn't think anything would be accomplished. Those are two totally different positions. You might want to check your facts, especially when they're so easily referenced by everyone else who can read my post; it doesn't say much in support of the rest of your posts here that you twist such a simple, obvious, provable fact.

Ignorance is indeed bliss; I find the less I know of you the happier I am, so toodles.
__________________
There are few situations in life which wind up with you saying to yourself: "Gee, I wish I'd had worse manners there."

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.