Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #256
Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpybumpas View Post
The bible,

A book of psrables and mythology written by men for men and translated from many languages by a group of men who were in there time were called (SCRIBES) and who in our time are called (JEWISH LAWYERS.)

The word of God written by Jewish lawyers is quite a stretch for me.

To the Jewish lawyer the words ill eagle represent nothing more than a sick bird and outragious fees.

Is it any wonder that these Jewish lawyers self anointed the Jewish people as God's chosen people???
The man, myth legend thing is starting to sound like you are stuck in a loop.

Careful where you step...you sound alarmingly Anti-Semitic.
Oh, and spellcheck.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Avalon : 03-14-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #257
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

That G person's posts sound worse than a drunk dial. There's somebody to put on ignore.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #258
auntie aubrey
excursions

i'm so confused. the guy sounds like he's saying the bible is bunk, but then he's slamming on the jewish community. i guess there's just so many people to hate in the world, why choose?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:43 AM   #259
Brynn
constantly amazed

I guess a person could make it simple for themselves if they wanted to and just hate everyone equally

I do always find myself wondering about why anybody at all would tune in to a thread like this unless there's a certain amount of curiosity. Since hitting "ignore" is always an option, I'd like to see what's going on with grumpypants here first. Might regret it, I don't know.

grumpy, what's up with the anti-semitism? What does it do for you? what possible good do you get out of it? wouldn't you feel better in general if you could cut everybody a break and realize that you're not perfect yourself and that we're all in this together?
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #260
grumpybumpas
monkey

(Jesus the Christ.)

Master teacher,master carpenter and reported to be the son of God.

Not recorded to have ever written anything with no one on earth having any idea as to what he may have looked like.

(Jesus the Christ.)

Man,myth or legend???
grumpybumpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #261
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
I don't think the answer's changed since the last time you asked.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #262
grumpybumpas
monkey

(I believe.)

That if there is a God then God must be a gender free universal levil of intelligence that no one knows anything about.
grumpybumpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #263
Brynn
constantly amazed

I believe that God is beyond gender, sure. Our depiction of him as a loving father is just one aspect of him - he's also depicted as a mighty fortress, a banner of love, the ultimate provider, a burning bush, a column of smoke, an omniscient Presence, the "unknown god" and, among many other things, the Christ as his manifestation on earth ("Emmanuel - "God with us"). In my own mind, on the other hand, the Holy Spirit (the "Comforter") has always had a kind of feminine energy, but as a woman, I'm probably just projecting that. My guess is that the Christ came as the "Son" of God at a unique time in history as someone who would more likely be listened to in Jewish society than a woman. But beyond that, I can't really say.

What's important to me is not what he/she looks like, but the fact that God is so completely beyond my own comprehension that though my words to describe God will always fail miserably, I still feel listened to and sought after by this amazing presence. I am inexplicably valued and taken care of, and shown mercies and delights every day even though I've done nothing to deserve them.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:46 AM   #264
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpybumpas View Post
That if there is a God then God must be a gender free universal levil of intelligence that no one knows anything about.
But isn't it contradictory to not know anything about God and to know "God must be a gender free universal levil of intelligence that no one knows anything about"? Or is that just your way of saying God is impossible?
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #265
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

This message contains graphics. If you do not see the graphics, click here to view.

Morning

"The kindness and love of God our Saviour."
Titus 3:4

How sweet it is to behold the Saviour communing with his own beloved people! There can be nothing more delightful than, by the Divine Spirit, to be led into this fertile field of delight. Let the mind for an instant consider the history of the Redeemer's love, and a thousand enchanting acts of affection will suggest themselves, all of which have had for their design the weaving of the heart into Christ, and the intertwisting of the thoughts and emotions of the renewed soul with the mind of Jesus. When we meditate upon this amazing love, and behold the all-glorious Kinsman of the Church endowing her with all his ancient wealth, our souls may well faint for joy. Who is he that can endure such a weight of love? That partial sense of it which the Holy Spirit is sometimes pleased to afford, is more than the soul can contain; how transporting must be a complete view of it! When the soul shall have understanding to discern all the Saviour's gifts, wisdom wherewith to estimate them, and time in which to meditate upon them, such as the world to come will afford us, we shall then commune with Jesus in a nearer manner than at present. But who can imagine the sweetness of such fellowship? It must be one of the things which have not entered into the heart of man, but which God hath prepared for them that love him. Oh, to burst open the door of our Joseph's granaries, and see the plenty which he hath stored up for us! This will overwhelm us with love. By faith we see, as in a glass darkly, the reflected image of his unbounded treasures, but when we shall actually see the heavenly things themselves, with our own eyes, how deep will be the stream of fellowship in which our soul shall bathe itself! Till then our loudest sonnets shall be reserved for our loving benefactor, Jesus Christ our Lord, whose love to us is wonderful, passing the love of women.

Evening

"Received up into glory."
1 Timothy 3:16

We have seen our well-beloved Lord in the days of his flesh, humiliated and sore vexed; for he was "despised and rejected of men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief." He whose brightness is as the morning, wore the sackcloth of sorrow as his daily dress: shame was his mantle, and reproach was his vesture. Yet now, inasmuch as he has triumphed over all the powers of darkness upon the bloody tree, our faith beholds our King returning with dyed garments from Edom, robed in the splendour of victory. How glorious must he have been in the eyes of seraphs, when a cloud received him out of mortal sight, and he ascended up to heaven! Now he wears the glory which he had with God or ever the earth was, and yet another glory above all--that which he has well earned in the fight against sin, death, and hell. As victor he wears the illustrious crown. Hark how the song swells high! It is a new and sweeter song: "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, for he hath redeemed us unto God by his blood!" He wears the glory of an Intercessor who can never fail, of a Prince who can never be defeated, of a Conqueror who has vanquished every foe, of a Lord who has the heart's allegiance of every subject. Jesus wears all the glory which the pomp of heaven can bestow upon him, which ten thousand times ten thousand angels can minister to him. You cannot with your utmost stretch of imagination conceive his exceeding greatness; yet there will be a further revelation of it when he shall descend from heaven in great power, with all the holy angels--"Then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory." Oh, the splendour of that glory! It will ravish his people's hearts. Nor is this the close, for eternity shall sound his praise, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever!" Reader, if you would joy in Christ's glory hereafter, he must be glorious in your sight now. Is he so?

ADVERTISEMENT

Today's reading is drawn from Charles Spurgeon's beloved devotional classic Morning and Evening.

Your hardcover copy of Morning and Evening is available at the Bible Gateway Store!

Subscription Info

This email was sent to lynagolden@gmail.com by Bible Gateway, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA. This email is part of a devotional or newsletter that you signed up for on BibleGateway.com. If you have questions or comments about this newsletter, please contact us at support@biblegateway.com.

Manage all Bible Gateway subscriptions

Opt Out of all Bible Gateway communication
Old 06-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #266
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

just a little reminder

baptism is not a real word
Jesus was not a Christian
Messiah
does actually make more sense
in many ways

Display Modes Rate This Thread