ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #166
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
Wait a minute - the girl in the picture is an old friend of yours? Wha -?
Sorry.
I posted the goosebump image because I got them after thinking of my darling friend S, who died a number of years ago. I loved her so. She used to call me her advisor, but really she advised me. I still think of her when I need advice. So I was needing advice that day, and while I was fretting and working on the computer, I played "When the Roses Bloom Again" by Wilco on youtube, and that made me think of her, because their version of "California Stars" had significant meaning to us. I wished I could talk to her again, as I often do, and though youtube was minimized and there's no way I could have clicked on a sidebar or something, "California Stars" came on next, without any apparent stimulus.

I sat there smiling and shivering for a bit, and felt better.
Did I mention how I loved her so?
Good, good.
Because I surely did.
She was one of the most amazing, stunning people I have ever met, and I owe her one.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #167
Brynn
constantly amazed

*hug*
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #168
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

slightly creepy

YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #169
Brynn
constantly amazed

So creepy it makes me nauseous:

Old 12-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #170
Brynn
constantly amazed

The Mother Who Wouldn't Listen To Her Little Girl

Ah... and apparently it comes with it's own story too...
On the morning of her birthday, Lucy’s mother woke her up and told her a package had arrived in the mail and it was addressed to her.

The girl hurriedly unwrapped the gift and was horrified at what she found inside. It was the most disgusting old doll she had ever seen. It was completely bald and it’s skin was cracked and caked in dirt. The worst thing of all was it’s teeth. They were long, pointy, sharp and beastly. They looked like an animal’s fangs.

With a shiver, she took the doll and threw it in a corner. Her mother scolded her, telling her that someone had gone to a lot of trouble to send her this antique doll. Her mother told her she had better appreciate it.

Lucy tried to protest but her mother would not listen. She forced the young girl to keep the doll. So, to put her mind at rest Lucy stuffed the antique doll into the little cupboard under the stairs, behind a pile of shoes where she wouldn’t have to look at the ugly, evil little thing.

It was not until a few nights later, when Lucy was lying in bed that she heard a noise…a shuffling sound, which went on for about five minutes. Then, a brief dragging noise and finally, a scuttling like light footsteps walking very fast.

By now Lucy was shaking in her bed with fear, unable to move. Then, she thought she heard a faint raspy voice whispering quietly from downstairs. Lucy always slept with the door open and the landing light on, as she was a little scared of the dark.

She heard the voice say “Lucy, I’m on the first step”…And then loud scrabbling again as whatever was speaking apparently turned tail and returned to it’s place of hiding.

Lucy was so scared that she didn’t sleep a wink that night but laid in fear until the break of dawn, when her mother got her up for school

Lucy tried to explain to her mother what had happened the night before, but was so tired that, when her mother passed it off as “just a dream” she began to believe it might be the case.

Of course it wasn’t. Lucy begged her parents to let her throw the antique doll in the garbage, but they insisted that it was a present and she had to keep it. So Lucy reluctantly went back to bed, telling herself that it had only been a dream. She checked the cupboard under the stairs, but the doll was exactly where Lucy had left her.

That night, Lucy fought sleep but she eventually drifted off even though she had fought sleep. Presently, the deep disembodied voice woke Lucy again. She wondered if she could only hear it in her head.

“Luuuuccccyyyy! I’m on the fourth step…”, it said. Then came to scuffling noise and the voice didn’t reoccur that night. Lucy was crying by now, and again she didn’t sleep that night. At school, Lucy told her friends about the doll, and of course they laughed at her. Lucy could only think that if the doll was climbing four steps at a time then there was only one more night to go.

That night Lucy decided to shut her bedroom door. When her mother turned her light out she asked why Lucy was no longer scared of the dark. Lucy replied that she was and could she leave her light on instead of the hall light? But her mother pointed out that her bedroom light was so bright it would keep her awake, and said no.

Therefore Lucy agreed to just sleep without a light. She opened the bedroom curtains instead to light the room a little anyway. Just as she began to doze, she heard the noise.

And then the voice came, very clear this time. “Luuuuccccyyyy! I’m on the top step…”

In the darkness of her bedroom, Lucy heard a click and trembled with fear. She wasn’t sure, but she thought she could see her bedroom door opening very, very slowly.

The next morning, Lucy’s parents found her body at the bottom of the stairs. They guessed that she had been on her way to the toilet during the night and in the darkness, had slipped and fallen down the stairs, breaking her neck.

The antique doll was found beside her body, and was buried with Lucy. Everyone said what a tragedy it was.

“She loved that doll”, said her mother. “Now they can be together forever”.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 AM   #171
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Not so much creepy as desperately sad.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #172
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
maybe I'll stay up a little longer
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #173
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #174
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

so strange
Lurancy Vennum

brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #175
Brynn
constantly amazed

Is this authentic, or are those poor unhappy animals just brilliant actors?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #176
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Very creepy -- but I would wonder about a badger or raccoon. Probably after I moved out, though.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #177
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Maybe a visit from the TAPS group could help! We like spooky!!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #178
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Pause it at about 4:52 and all is revealed.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #179
Brynn
constantly amazed

You got me, Mad. He looks right at the red barrel a moment before it falls towards him, looks away, then his reaction comes right off the sound - there's nothing anticipated about it, which is really difficult to do if you're acting. Then the barrel falls away in a different direction from him. In the dark, the guitar is lifted up and slammed down into a different position - it doesn't just fall over. Didn't seem like much room up there in the eaves to hide a whole person to do that - it would have to be mechanical, which seems just as improbable. So I'm still impressed (albeit easily ). The light going on and off while the glow of the light was still on seemed like overkill, though.
If it's faked, I still find it creepy that his dog distrusts him so much that she won't come out from under the bed.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:08 AM   #180
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Pause it at about 4:52 and you will see a spring underneath the barrel.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: