ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

parallel universe

Write about things you do, what happens to you, the way you live in a parallel universe. It's easy, and all the cool kids are doing it.

In a parallel universe I live alone in a tiny gingerbready bungalow with flocked yellow wallpaper, ferns, and only dim indirect light, in a very old neighbourhood. At night I wait in terror for a poltergeist to appear and open doors and cupboards and leave strange smells.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
zero

there is no need to speak; each of us hears the other's thoughts; through the music and voices they all run together, not just sounds but scents and scraps of vision: lights, moths, perfumes, tunnels, shells, streams. half ideas: the notation of a tendency towards the circular, a neatness we have known about for years, expressed in a strange algebra of island names and symbols on marine charts.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
12"razormix

the constant seesaw motion of a boat. endless stream of thoughts read from a book, the book, no book at all. feeling your heart beat and wondering whether it's yours and knowing yes it's yours. yours not mine. ours. this is the way it is. no doubts no regrets.

Last edited by 12"razormix : 11-17-2006 at 05:56 AM.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #4
dddrum
Amateur Human

I have, mysteriously but with dead certainty, become aware that my life is being observed by a group of young people from another... planet, plane... place. I can sense them watching my everyday goings-on with excitement and anticipation, sort of like a favorite TV show that has you running home from school so you don't miss a minute of it, and I'm pretty sure they are sizing me up for induction into their... club, troop... organization. I hope I can measure up to their expectations, and I try to appear courageous and clever in every situation, no matter how trivial. I am hoping they contact me soon, especially because I have been sensing an extra measure of interest from one of the girls... the brunette with the electric blue eyes and dimpled smile who resembles that girl, Donna Warner, who sits diagonally across from me in Civics class. I think she likes me, a lot. This other girl, I mean. Donna told Mr. Ocenasek that I was staring at her, and I got laughed at by pretty much everybody. I hope the Club wasn't watching me at that particular moment. Maybe there was a commercial on, or perhaps they were having lunch...
Old 11-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #5
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I stare at the stuccoed ceiling; I can see a cameo lady directly above, slightly angled to the left but always there. Sometimes I look out the bars of my crib/bed into a dim room, at the doors of a closet on one side and at the door to the room on the other. I prefer the latter because sometimes someone will pass by, or sometimes people will even stand in the doorway and chat. They don't think I know anything, but I do, and I like the one who ties up the little wisps of hair at the top of my head in a ribbon the best.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #6
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

OK - I want to contribute but need to figure out what happy *stuff* I need. (I'm not editing, either! FFS)
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
there is no need to speak; each of us hears the other's thoughts; through the music and voices they all run together, not just sounds but scents and scraps of vision: lights, moths, perfumes, tunnels, shells, streams. half ideas: the notation of a tendency towards the circular, a neatness we have known about for years, expressed in a strange algebra of island names and symbols on marine charts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12"razormix View Post
the constant seesaw motion of a boat. endless stream of thoughts read from a book, the book, no book at all. feeling your heart beat and wondering whether it's yours and knowing yes it's yours. yours not mine. ours. this is the way it is. no doubts no regrets.
carry on...
Old 04-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #8
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I wish I knew why they looked at me so sadly sometimes.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

In a parallel universe I didn't run away and I didn't catch the train again and again.
Or maybe I did, but I didn't dare to leave once more - but not that way!
And even if, I did neither really, really open my eyes nor walk astray and I never fell into these eyes like tea.
In a parallel universe I may be dead - bodily or worse:
I'm frozen - and I don't care.
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
Frieda
in limbo

in a parallel universe the soul is not a noun, but a verb.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
Mun Chee Chee
Mun Chee Chee

test

test
Old 01-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #12
jasmina
monkey

somebody's rather testy today

hahahahhaa
jasmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Every day the fish and chips place is the same: the light on the blue-and-white checked oilcloth overbright but friendly as though a rainfall just stopped, and the oily scent of bergamot and everyone quiet, reading their newspapers. And every day the notepad has only one line at the top: "Telling you something is like putting money in the bank." And the lodgepole pines climbing the hilltop behind, hanging on for dear life, unaware of the busy seaside drive filing past at their feet. Nothing comes but thoughts of the washer and dryer stacked in the tiny closet next to their bedroom and how they've never once eaten breakfast in the sunroom overlooking the sea because it would mean a climb up the stairs with dishes.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
Bman
monkey

In a parallel universe I am a sound that you hear when strange things are afoot.

Not to mention that feet are almost always strange things.
Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #15
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

Which is why Trish dosn't wear hers

One of my happy places:

A large old house surrounded by old trees with big porches and dim lighted windows. Honeysuckle permeates the air and wisteria vines grow up the low stone wall. Everything is quiet but the song of the crickets and the wind playing the trees like an instrument. The red on the horizon blends from purple to blue lighting up the wispy clouds with orange fire. It's warm enough that you feel like you could run barefoot and naked through the soft grass, twirling and laughing for no other reason than life in you and around you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: