Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #31
lukkucairi
earth worker

^^^ in a parallel universe, your eyes are a different color
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 PM   #32
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

It isn't about wanting to be someone else.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #33
auntie aubrey
excursions

in a parallel universe, i have no navel. i stand surrounded by a mob, while heads identical to my own bob in unison as we acknowledge en-masse our identical existence. we accept our similarities and forgo the desire for individual expression. where there is uniformity, there is harmony. we fail to see the purpose of discord and seek to eliminate disparity. with minds as one we seek not to innovate, but to obey. will is neither sensible nor optional. we raise one foot, then another, and as a single organism we march.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:26 AM   #34
lukkucairi
earth worker

hanging over the lake, hanging impossibly in the cool morning air, is a mirrored sphere perhaps a mile in diameter.

at first, there is chaos.

news crews. national guard. UFO freaks and conspiracy theorists. the sphere is probed and prodded, all to no effect. it cannot even be scratched. nobody can figure out how it defies gravity.

the sphere hangs there, unperturbed, for five years.

during this time I change jobs, start and end an unfulfilling relationship, and acquire a small dog from the local pound. I name the dog Felix. I do not move from my tiny apartment, though, because it has an unparalleled view of the sphere.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #35
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
It isn't about wanting to be someone else.
Yeah, that was kind of my point. [/melancholy]
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #36
12"razormix

in a parallel universe i hear every word that you say.

your eyes reflect everything i see and i feel your words on my skin.

laughter has taken the place of punctuation and i no longer worry.

never again.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:18 AM   #37
zero

molotov, early. it's warm enough, so we're sitting out on the balcony we know from a dream. talking quietly. then, haunted by winds, we're slipping out through miles of light to unfold, one heartbeat at at a time at the wet edge of horizon. a wavelength given form beyond the ebb and the flow. a flock of birds, mingling like rain.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:26 AM   #38
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Time and space are as masonry clay:
As I so choose, here they may be set like baked bricks, trustworthy for hanging pictures and shelves of beloved books, or the whole of life. They shelter my decisions to go in or out, to own or not, to grow or not.

Here, they may smooth out the edges of the mind's wide plain, cover the nicks and bumps of dissatisfaction. I forget, if I wish it, what is underneath.

Or there, they may be nothing but change and process -- I may squeeze two points together and step from here to there as a child across a puddle, I may skip time or slow time or merely watch as it erodes, and in this way there is the illusion of choice. For a time I may pretend that I've set a course for a point marked on a map, that there are no loved ones separated from me by distance or the permanence of death, that there are no broken teacups or wounded birds or berries rotting on the vine. I dream that I may grasp all loves and eschew all pains at will. But Process is the master here. There are no hanging places, no shelter worthy of confidence.

All is outside, nothing is owned, and there is no choice but to grow and die eternally, together in the same breath.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #39
Frieda
in limbo

the heat of the rocks is vibrating, radiating into my soul. the rhythm of the earth, my molecules dancing, i am part of this. i am. i am the universe.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #40
Brynn
constantly amazed

I am floating in liquid diamonds, and breathing pure love. I am floating up and up and up. I am speechless. My mouth is open wide. My eyes are full. It goes on forever, and I become one of the diamonds.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:20 AM   #41
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

What do you mean, "become"?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 AM   #42
T.I.P.
balancing actor

burrowing down my forepaws are aching but I must dig faster he's right behind me I can smell him just as he can smell me ooh that worm looks tasty but there's no time I must keep going before he catches up the underground stream is right up ahead I can tell by the way the soil is becoming moist only a few inches left
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #43
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I keep my hair short and wear a lot of eye makeup. I don't wash it off before bed. I have a kept man in the city center, and we never buy each other flowers.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #44
Coffee
Cheeses Save

It is 4 months out and thus far the excitement level is still pretty high. I can't believe I was chosen for the trip, and me just an artist for heck's sake, none of us can really. The applicant list was MUCH larger than anyone in NASA could have imagined. Most of us believe that it was our ability to "get along" as determined by the psych evaluations that really won us our positions on the ship, more so than our "skills", since "getting along" is bound to be our biggest challenge several years from now when the initial excitement wears off and the reality of being cooped up on in a titanium can for 25 years sinks in. I can't help thinking how easy it might have been for this to not even have happened. If Brezhnev hadn't made that remark shortly after Apollo 11 made it's historic landing "Those lazy arrogant Americans will give up progress on their program as soon as they feel they have made their point" we just might have put our space program on hold and concentrated on some lame arms race instead. Instead, here we all are, bound for the stars finally. I'll be celebrating my birthday in a few weeks, but I don't think any gift can equal just being able to celebrate it here.

Nov 3rd, 2007
Starship "Vangaurd"
3rd officer, Education and Records
M. Coffee.
Personal log.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #45
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

The real is kept as deep down as it goes, and when the pressure grows too great it makes a bitter green-gray mess spraying in erratic, hitching spurts until it can be contained again. The surface is smooth sweet shiny enamel, cool or warm in response to a touch here, a touch there, and it would contain the real fully but for the beady eyes that claim to see everything, in fact providing a breach to see into and soft weak spots for the pressure to gnaw at.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: