ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Tunesmith
click click click

The Creepy Thread

In this thread, we share creepy things from anywhere and any time.

Stories/pictures should:
-make one's blood run cold

-make one's hair stand on end

-or make one's heart stop
Old 06-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
auntie aubrey
excursions

george bush is still president.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
Tunesmith
click click click

To start:

Last night, a neighborhood cat killed a squirrel around 20 feet away from me. It was midnight and I couldn't see farther than 5 feet away, but all of a sudden these shrieks came from somewhere in the darkness. It was one of the worst things I've ever heard, combined with the snarling of the cat, and I sprinted inside so fast my feet must've touched the ground twice in the 20 seconds it takes to get from my backyard to the house.

The worst part was, I left my phone out on the patio, so I had to dash back out while the squirrel was still alive...

*shivers*
Old 06-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Tunesmith
click click click

We totally need a "creeped-out-of-my-ever-loving-mind smiley".
Old 06-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #5
auntie aubrey
excursions

Old 06-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Tunesmith
click click click

Anyone know that song "Strange Fruit" sung by Billie Holiday?

That has single-handedly disturbed me more than anything else I've heard.

Last edited by Tunesmith : 06-09-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Tunesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

On one of of my first nights at my place of work I was giving out pills (for money, I'm a nurse in a nursing home) in a low lit area. I heard an odd whispering, sighing noise which made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I gathered my wits and decided to investigate. The sunroom near me was in darkness and I thought the mystery was solved when I spotted a woman sitting at the table inside. I headed toward the room to guide the wanderer out and back to bed but as I put my hand out to turn the light on she simply disappeared.

Seeing as I was new to the place I kept the story to myself but I was seriously freaked. Until a few months later when staff were chatting about the ghost lady who sits in the sunroom, eeeek. Three years later, I don't hang about down there even in the daytime and I always, always close the door when on an afternoon shift.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
T.I.P.
balancing actor

^
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

I refuse to let this thread be buried. Please post your creepy tales.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
Avalon

Nope, but will I pm you with one. Too weird even for here lol
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:28 AM   #11
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

^^^ boo!! I want to know!! As a kid and teenager, I was a regular sleepwalker, so I was the scary one in the house. I have many weird-walking stories and probably could write a book about it.

Last edited by Jack Flanders : 06-16-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 AM   #12
Tunesmith
click click click

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Nope, but will I pm you with one. Too weird even for here lol
Awww, cmon, Avalon! Please? I was hoping to be thoroughly freaked out.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #13
Brynn
constantly amazed

I was working for a lady, a friend of mine named Janice, in her home the Hollywood hills. She had just rented the place from a nineteen-year-old kid, a loose, affable stoner type of guy whom I'd met a few days ago. It seemed a little unusual that this kid owned this huge house in the Hollywood hills, but everything was a little unusual in Hollywood and therefore not particularly noteworthy by default. In situations like that, it seemed best not to ask too many questions.

One day I was downstairs filing for her in her office near the laundry room. As I passed by, I noticed a woman in there with her back turned doing the laundry. My friend was somewhat wealthy and could afford a housekeeper - I'd just never seen this one before. I said 'hi" and she just kept working, so she must not have heard me over the sound of the washer she was piling clothes into.
The slim, dark-haired woman had on khakis, and a crisp white blouse. I remember assuming, since this was California, that she was an illegal immigrant that Janice had recently hired, but didn't really think much about it beyond that. She was working quickly and efficiently.
I filed for a while and peripherally noticed her from time to time but we let each other do our work and didn't speak.
Eventually, I had to go to the bathroom, which was in the hall between the office and the laundry room.
The moment I stood up and started walking towards the bathroom, the woman quickly walked out of the laundry room and darted into the bathroom before me, slamming the door.
She was in there for a good fifteen minutes. Finally I walked over and timidly knocked on the door. No answer. I went back and tried to concentrate on filing, but finally I went over again and knocked louder, asking if everything was alright. Nothing.
At last I tentatively turned the doorknob, peeked in and looked around. No one was in there. There was no door or window in there or any other way she could have gotten out. She hadn't left by the main door because I'd been watching it like a hawk, waiting for my turn.
It was too weird, and I mentioned it to Janice. She got this look on her face.
"Black hair? White blouse? Khaki's? Doing laundry?" I nodded.
"Ahh, so you've seen her. Hey Mike - " she called her assistant. "Guess what? She saw her. She saw the mother."
I felt a shiver go up my spine.

Apparently, when Janice's teenage landlord was six, he hid under his bed while his uncle went berserk and murdered all five of his family members. He was the only survivor. No renters would stay in the house for a very long time until Janice, who thought it was all just fascinating. We speculated that the mother had been doing the laundry when she'd been murdered.

I really wish at the time I'd thought to ask Janice if the mom did a good job on the laundry and if she found her clothes washed and neatly folded from time to time, or if the whole scenario had just been some kind of weird energy glitch I'd witnessed.

As Janice and I were talking intently about all of this, getting ourselves more and more spooked, we both looked at the doorway and screamed bloody murder at the same time!
(Her assistant Mike had quietly left the room, silently reappeared and stood patient and motionless with a sheet over his head until we happened to see him. He was richly rewarded! I have never laughed so hard in my life, and never was I so relieved!)

Okay - this is really stupid - as I'm sitting here remembering all this from years ago, it's late at night. I'm completely alone in the house this weekend. I just heard a major thumping on the side of the house where there is no walkway or windows! No one should be out there! I'm shaking and I get up to lock the back door. I turned off all the lights in the house, and turned on the back porch light. I'm so silly. It's one of my cats at the back window demanding to be let in.

Last edited by Brynn : 06-16-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: cat
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #14
DoonDoon
I love Josh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
Anyone know that song "Strange Fruit" sung by Billie Holiday?

That has single-handedly disturbed me more than anything else I've heard.
Yes!!! Those bodies swingin' in the southern breeze....
Old 06-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #15
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Whoooot. Exclint story Brynn! Maybe she tried to hide from the killer in the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
(Her assistant Mike had quietly left the room, silently reappeared and stood patient and motionless with a sheet over his head until we happened to see him. He was richly rewarded! I have never laughed so hard in my life, and never was I so relieved!)
Drawsheets are really good for this. I used to work in a place that was run in a financially dodgy manner. We'd run around with drawsheets over our heads yelling about being ghost employees.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: