Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #2761
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
get 'em in peeps!

*sigh* perhaps constupration or frumentaceous might have been better options after all...
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #2762
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

forswonk: Sullen look of insolence first perfected in adolescence.

While others sweated away at their essays on the life cycle of the badger, Curtis practiced his forswonk in the reflection of the classroom windows.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #2763
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
constupration - the backed-up regret about not having pursued some other path in a game.

Hfox's constupration over whether to have used constupration instead of forswonk was mildly frumentaceous to the rest of us, who were already of that opinion.

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 10-23-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #2764
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
frumentaceous - condescendingly amusing, or sometimes amusedly condescending.

Although he was wearily aware of the frumentaceous smiles of his friends, Hfox diligently solicited more entries for his Dictionary Game word, in spite of his constupration.

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 10-23-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #2765
Marcus Bales

forswonk - the determination never to swonk again.

"As God is my witness," Hfox forswonk as he consturpated through the frumaceous entries in the Dictionary Game, "I'll never absquatulate my harmartia again -- no, not even for quinquarticular epexegesis!"
Old 10-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #2766
T.I.P.
balancing actor

forswonk: caveman exclamation indicating that one is about to hit a rock in the direction of the cave opening with one's club

Zog heard Thogg's "FORSWONK" but did not move fast enough. Seconds later, much to his dismay, he received a 10 pound piece of granite in his dinosaur soup.
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #2767
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Forswonk - the place where brilliant ideas you have at night while half-asleep go

While putting the baby back to sleep at 3am, FunkyTuba came up with a fabulous definition for the Dictionary Game. By 8am when he woke up, it had gone Forswonk
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #2768
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Forswonk

Mentally wonking someone on the head rather than doing it physically thus achieving some gratification without the"aggravated assault" legal consequences from actually wonking the individual. Forbearing to wonk.

Coffee forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk that unknown marina tenant who habitually wipes 35 times in an effort to get their arse hole psychologically clean (apparently to provide a clean place to store their head for the remainder of the day) and then clogged the marina toilet in a muddy swirl of shit and TP when they, yet again, attempted to flush their humoungous mass of tissue and crap in one single flush.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #2769
Brynn
constantly amazed

^hahaha
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #2770
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Forswonk n.

An erection to large to conceal, but sadly too small to be of any use.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #2771
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

^ hahaha!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #2772
xfox
slightly effective

forswonk Nautical term for keeping the bow well forward, especially in fluky wind.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #2773
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
The Independent Institute Of Indepent Award Titling Group Award goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
n. one who is in the forestages of becoming a fully fledged wonk. Term often used by wonks masters to describe their apprentice at the semi-annual international wonk festival and convention.

note: conventions are held in Steubenville, Ohio and Khajuraho, India.

I have three forswonks coming along nicely and should be foaming at the mouth by midpoint.
The "Cut Above The Rest" Award goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
forswonk - an assitant to, and sometimes the junior, mohel. His job is to be familiar with every detail of the bris.

Politics has its policy wonks; Judaism has its forswonks.
The Association of North American Mammals Yound Achiever Award goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
forswonk: Sullen look of insolence first perfected in adolescence.

While others sweated away at their essays on the life cycle of the badger, Curtis practiced his forswonk in the reflection of the classroom windows.
The Epimenides Golden Warning for Circular Definition Error First Encountered at
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
constupration - the backed-up regret about not having pursued some other path in a game.

Hfox's constupration over whether to have used constupration instead of forswonk was mildly frumentaceous to the rest of us, who were already of that opinion.

frumentaceous - condescendingly amusing, or sometimes amusedly condescending.

Although he was wearily aware of the frumentaceous smiles of his friends, Hfox diligently solicited more entries for his Dictionary Game word, in spite of his constupration.[

forswonk - the determination never to swonk again.

"As God is my witness," Hfox forswonk as he consturpated through the frumaceous entries in the Dictionary Game, "I'll never absquatulate my harmartia again -- no, not even for quinquarticular epexegesis!"
The Hanna-Barbera Wasted Saturday Morning Medal goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.P. View Post
forswonk: caveman exclamation indicating that one is about to hit a rock in the direction of the cave opening with one's club

Zog heard Thogg's "FORSWONK" but did not move fast enough. Seconds later, much to his dismay, he received a 10 pound piece of granite in his dinosaur soup.
The Judge's Solemn Nod Of Understanding goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkytuba View Post
Forswonk - the place where brilliant ideas you have at night while half-asleep go

While putting the baby back to sleep at 3am, FunkyTuba came up with a fabulous definition for the Dictionary Game. By 8am when he woke up, it had gone Forswonk
The Canadian Online Pharmacist's Guild Award for the Promotion of Public Awareness of Penile Lacklustre goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinzdale View Post
Forswonk n.

An erection to large to conceal, but sadly too small to be of any use.
Coffee's Shivered Timber for Best Nautical Definition goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfox View Post
forswonk Nautical term for keeping the bow well forward, especially in fluky wind.

The Crime Never Pays Award for most stylish runner-up goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
forswonk - to have already made the decision to preemptively swoon should it appear necessary to provide an immediate diversion during the commission of a crime.

"Darling, what more do you want? I've forswonken before, don't you trust me?!"

But the Winnering along with the Judge's Lengthy Sigh Of Understanding goes to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Forswonk

Mentally wonking someone on the head rather than doing it physically thus achieving some gratification without the"aggravated assault" legal consequences from actually wonking the individual. Forbearing to wonk.

Coffee forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk and forswonk that unknown marina tenant who habitually wipes 35 times in an effort to get their arse hole psychologically clean (apparently to provide a clean place to store their head for the remainder of the day) and then clogged the marina toilet in a muddy swirl of shit and TP when they, yet again, attempted to flush their humoungous mass of tissue and crap in one single flush.

oh yeah, forswonk actually means Overlabored; exhausted; worn out.

Last edited by Hyakujo's Fox : 10-28-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #2774
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Well that is at least some consolation for having to encounter the objects of my definition on that foul morning.

The new word is:

Terwilliger
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #2775
Brynn
constantly amazed

terwilliger - at first, a term for an extremely dangerous skateboard maneuver that involved grinding along the curved edge of any pedestrian walkway spanning a freeway, then landing below on the freeway's shoulder during rush hour, but now it has become synonymous with any foolhardy act.
The origin of the term comes directly from Charles Terwilliger, one of the founding fathers of Oregon. His winding ferry road eventually became incorporated into a particularly treacherous portion of the I-5 freeway bridging north and south Portland. So many fatal accidents between speeding motorists and top-heavy trucks have been documented there that to this day "the Terwilliger Curves" are said to be cursed (true story).

"Dude, whatever you do, don't pop a terwilliger on me, bro, not yet - I need you to be in one piece so you can shoot me doing curlies and wingdings off the picnic table and upload to YouTube so Raven can post it in her MySpace tonight."
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: